News

Pres. Buhari Assures Nigerians that All Ministers Will be Named by September 30

BellaNaija.com

Buhari in Ghana2

President Buhari & Ghanaian President, Mahama

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that his cabinet will be ready by end of September.

The news was confirmed in a press statement released by Special Adviser to the President, Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.

ThisDay reports that the remarks were made during a press conference in Ghana when Buhari was visiting the country on Monday.

He said, “After I was sworn in, I said I would have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so.”

Speaking on the fight against terrorism, Buhari stated:

“The first thing I did after I came into office was to reorganise the military and clear orders were given to them in terms of retraining, re-equipping and redeployment of troops.

In the North-east, the military is gaining ground and Boko Haram has been limited to Sambisa Forest.

Internally displaced persons are gradually moving back home and they are being reintegrated into their respective communities. “

He also spoke about his declaration of assets:

I recall that in 1975 when late Murtala Mohammed became the head of state, we were lined up – governors, ministers, members of the Supreme Military Council.  Officials of the Ministry of Justice were brought and every individual was made to declare his assets.

All heads of states and government, governors, ministers, permanent secretaries have to declare their assets because it is a constitutional requirement.

I have declared my assets four times. When I was governor in 1975, I declared. After being made Minister of Petroleum and as a member of Supreme Military Council, I declared. When I was head of state and now as a president, I have also declared.”

1. Warizdiz

September 8, 2015 at 8:32 am

Who is going to teach an old dog new tricks? I bet Bubu must be mighty frustrated that he cannot line up anybody! Hehehe. Military mentality. Buhari will learn. He thinks he is doing Nigerians a favor. He still sees himself as a ruler! He will learn once the romance is over. So, that crap you released is your idea of asset declaration? The propaganda machinery sure has its work cut out.

• ElessarisEllendil

September 8, 2015 at 7:07 pm

The Man’s worth close to a billion he’s in the 1%, you could have based you argument on that. I don’t understand you though, do you want him poorer or richer??

• warizdiz

September 9, 2015 at 11:11 am

Considering you are inconsequential in the scheme of things, who the hell are you to tell me what l should base my comment/argument on? Babe, you are taking yourself too seriously.

2. lioness

September 8, 2015 at 9:00 am

Sure mr President. I hope they will not be predominantly from your side. So far you have shown bias.

• ElessarisEllendil

September 8, 2015 at 7:15 pm

There will be a Minister from every state, seeing as they are 18 Northern states and 18 Southern States, the Constitution guarantees equality!

3. A Loco Viva Voce

September 8, 2015 at 9:08 am

I so cannot wait to get my eyes on that list

4. aikay

September 8, 2015 at 10:22 am

REALLY!!!!!! Wow I can’t wait to see these flawless northern angels that will mk up Buhari’s cabinet cos I know all their names will start with ALHAJI AND MALAM so… so… so…..

5. nene+

September 8, 2015 at 11:21 am

Waiting to behold the Angels buhari will choose.

As for loopsidedness Errmm because he is bound by law to choose from all states BUT 97%. 5%must apply. He will give the Juicest to his well “qualipied” brothers,

Sweaty/servile ministries to SW that will earn them more enemies. E.G Garuba senior but inconspicuous while Adesina Junior, more work, more enemies lol

Medium/inferior Juicy to SS

Insignificant/ ministry to the SE

At the end of the day SE and SS will point out the loopsidedness, my friends in SW will say it doesn’t matter who gets the job as long as they can deliver even tho they are paid with our collective wealth it doesn’t matter? Will you be silent if Alausa filled with people of Epe where Ambode comes ? during Jonathan SW cried wolf they didn’t get enough position even when Gbaja sold SW speakership slot in NASS to Tambuwal
    As we make fists throwing punches amongst the Southerners, the Northerners laughs at the generational fighters and defenders as they sip their hot milky tea.

• ElessarisEllendil

September 8, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Is there any more juicy than the NNPC job??? and should juice even be in the conversation of public service?

6. Ibinabo

September 8, 2015 at 11:42 am

This list has to be worth the wait, ‘cus it will make or mar us further.

7. Lol

September 8, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Take your time.

No but why are you people angry. Are you really telling me he won’t pick people he knows and personally trust’s.

When Obama appoints or recommends ministers doesn’t he pick democrats.

Honestly if it takes a cabinet full of northerners to change Nigeria then oh bloody hell.

I’m Niger delta by the way.

• Alex

September 8, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Lool oh you fool! I love my northern brothers and sisters but the truth is they believe that any one not from their place is inferior. If they take over Nigeria completely, goodbye to freedom of everything!

• Lol

September 8, 2015 at 5:04 pm

In some what what you said isbtrue but we have to give people the benefit of doubt.

I believe so much in destiny and God allowing things to happen for a reason but I guess I will keep on being a fool.

8. Diesel

September 9, 2015 at 12:42 am

Do ve really need ministers self , the country seems to be doing just fine without them . God bless Nigeria

9. Diesel

September 9, 2015 at 4:45 am

D country seems to be doing better without them….d question is hope when we finally ve d ministers thing will go from better to good

10. ashadollar

September 9, 2015 at 12:56 pm

It is well with nigeria in Jesus mighty name