BBNWonderland

A #BBNWonderland Love Story: “He Broke Up with Me the Night He Proposed” – Frances & Desmond

#BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-26

Frances

#BBNWonderland, inspired by BellaNaija Weddings love stories & the luxurious taste of Baileys, happened on 10/10/15 and as of Saturday – a week later – two of our 33 beautiful brides have gotten married!

‘Fabulous’ Frances & Desmond met 14 years ago at University of Benin. She ‘fronted’ when she met him in her first year, but felt the chemistry in her final year when she hung out with him and a group of friends, including his identical twin.#BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond-Klala Photography-132A few years and a relocation later, a chance message on Facebook reconnected the lovers, Desmond now a doctor in the States, and Frances living and working in Nigeria. After 10 months of phone calls and messages, they met again after 8 years and just knew they were destined to be. A Valentine’s day proposal sealed Desmond’s promise of love, and now here are their wedding photos.

BellaNaija Weddings & Baileys Nigeria wish Frances & Desmond a lovely life as One.

Enjoy & be inspired!

***

~ Photography: Klala Photography

How We Met
by Frances
We first met in 2001 (yes 14 years ago) at the University of Benin. According to my husband, he first saw me on campus when I was a JAMBite and tried to talk to me but I bluntly said “Sorry I don’t talk to strangers”. Our paths crossed again in my final year in UNIBEN, a memorable night when I hung out with him, his twin brother and his friends. I was actually invited to complete the ‘guys to girls’ pairing as he was the only one without a date … I had no idea I was actually going to be meeting my husband. There was a striking chemistry between us but it seemed like a love tale that ended that night.

After I graduated from school in 2005, I moved to Lagos and Desmond completed Med School the following year. We kept in touch through text messaging and infrequent phone calls. Coincidentally, I saw him again in Lagos towards the end of 2006 as I happened to be serving on the same road where he did his housemanship. Even after the long gap, it was still hard for him to come to terms with the fact that we couldn’t work things out. Thereafter, we lost contact again as he relocated to the States.

We lost contact from 2008 until December 2013 when I received an unexpected message on Facebook from Desmond. He didn’t say much but from the way he constructed his words, I couldn’t help but conclude that the guy was still in love with me. My warm response to him triggered a series of messaging that ended up in a phone call.

Fast forward to October 2014, after trying to manage a long distance relationship with Desmond for about 10 months (I live in Nigeria and he is based in the States), I was able to convince him to visit Nigeria.

We had not seen in 8 years so I was excited but anxious even though we had been communicating a lot on phone (no Skype or video calls). When he visited, he surprisingly introduced me to all his family (from mum, dad to his siblings). I was not expecting that all but it showed me how far he was willing to take the relationship. His visit was really short (5 days) but it was one of the best 5 days of my life. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him 🙂

The Proposal
February 14, 2014: He is a doctor and had worked the night before so he came back home early in the morning bearing gifts. We went for dinner later in the evening and then hung out at a bar where we had an argument. (Desmond can be very inquisitive and can ask questions that will frustrate even Mother Teresa. LOL) so he had frustrated me with his questions, I snapped and he told me “you know what? I don’t think we can work. My plan was to leave the next day and stay with my friend until I returned back to Nigeria.”

So we got back home after he “spoilt” our Valentine Day outing. I had washed my makeup off, changed to my night clothes and was lying down in the sitting room when he suddenly knelt close to me and started apologizing and asking me more questions! Imagine my frustration because I had no clue what he was up to.

Before I knew what was happening Desmond had pulled out a ring box and was asking me to be his wife. I started laughing hard and asking him questions too out of shock, “Where did you hide the ring?” “Who knows you are proposing?” How come I had no clue? Of course I said YES!!! to the love of my life.

***

White Wedding#BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond-Klala Photography-119#BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond-Klala Photography-105#BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond-Klala Photography-109 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond-Klala Photography-135#BBNWonderland bride Frances wedding_136#BBNWonderland bride Frances wedding_139#BBNWonderland bride Frances wedding_127#BBNWonderland bride Frances wedding_128

Traditional Wedding#BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-3 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-1 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-200 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-18 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-212 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-207 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-15 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-13 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-203 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-38 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-35 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-217 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-218 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-236 #BBNWonderland Bride Frances & Desmond - KLala Photography-234

Photos: Klala Photography | @klalaphotography | www.klalaphotography.com

White Wedding Credits
Décor: Nwando’s Signature | @nwandossignature
Hair: Unique Berry Hairs | @uniqueberryhairs
Planner: June 5ive Events | @june5ive_events

1. Someone's Missing rib

October 20, 2015 at 11:29 am

I love love….. Lord, please send me my own… #shinesTeeth. I need companionship in my life

• Zee

October 20, 2015 at 11:48 am

Amen ooo. Same here. Lol

• Onetallgirl

October 20, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Don’t worry @zee and @someone’s missing rib, he is coming o just be patiently dears!! 😉

• ATL's finest

October 20, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Don’t worry it’s coming soon! Ask, believe, have FAITH, sit back & watch God perform his magic & miracle. @ BN who was her MUA? Pls find out for me & thanks! Too good not to know..

• notanutelllalover

October 20, 2015 at 4:40 pm

i was scrolling down so fast to see her MUA. Her make-up is so fresh, best i have seen in a long time.

2. Anon

October 20, 2015 at 11:36 am

Omalicha nwa. Very pretty. Congrats.

3. beauty

October 20, 2015 at 11:41 am

Awww, beautiful…

4. Rrrrrrr

October 20, 2015 at 12:07 pm

I am actually sobbing. Awwwwwwwwwwwww

5. DD

October 20, 2015 at 12:35 pm

She’s so fresh and pretty. Great-looking couple. God bless them.

6. Mz Peppy

October 20, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Congrats…..

7. Mz Titilitious

October 20, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Sweet love story *i’m still grinning* Congrats! HML! So let the hook up begin for those that are searching 😉 lol

8. jasmine

October 20, 2015 at 1:15 pm

How will she know who her husband is? Lol. Me like twins. Boy and girl sha. The bride’s nose is like my BlackBerry charger. Lol. Fine babe, fine dude. I forsee fine fine children

9. Mz Titilitious

October 20, 2015 at 1:21 pm

God please surprise my boo with an amazing job before the year runs out IJN (Amen)

10. Onetallgirl

October 20, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Don’t worry @someone’s missing rib and @zee he is coming o just have patience o my dears 😉

11. Dee

October 20, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Beautiful people, beautiful wedding. I hate to be a Debbie downer, but I hope they took stock and sorted out the issue that made her almost break off the relationship. I know the full story has been shortened, but too often you see a couple with major issues forget to deal with these issues because of the excitement of going to the next level. I hope the fight was about d ring lol

• Sugar

October 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Same thing that came to my mind! when you keep sweeping issues under the carpet a day will come that the carpet wont be able to withstand everything swept under it.
      For her to think of ending the relationship at that point, it means she had always considered it all along or maybe her intuition just wasnt at peace with the relationship.

• Patience Edimeh

October 21, 2015 at 10:04 am

True totally

12. Funmi

October 20, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Congrats to the couple. May God bless your home and journey together all the days of your lives.
    BN you people forgot critical information. WHO DID HER MAKEUP???? Flawless

• ATL's finest

October 20, 2015 at 3:52 pm

@ Funmi I Know right! @ Make up.. I’m telling U it was just too cute a lot of folks can do a great job for less money that BMP or some top MUA & still turn out FLAWLESS.. She’s pretty! I LOVE everything about this wedding. The colors, the green lace is too cute. Congrats beautiful couple & God bless your bundle of Joy.

• Deeza

October 21, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Well it’s still BMP…..Better thing na money kill am

13. keeks

October 20, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Lovely bride and couple… So, i want to know BN, how do you get to feature peoples weddings on your site? do they pay for it? do you randomly choose? or is it if its a WOW and glamorous wedding? or do the photographers(the well known ones) send the photos to you? or is it just the people you know (family and friends of friends)? or is it by just sending the pictures to your email? or if its popular / trending on SM? if a normal Jane doe has her wedding, and wants to get it featured on your site, how would she go about it? dont say send the pictures to our email, because i know some people who have sent pictures of their weddings, even the Asoebi bella feature and not even a feature of the shoe that was worn. so i really wanna know.

• BellaNaija Weddings

October 20, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Weddings are featured for free, at editor’s discretion. Due to the large volume of entries we receive daily – from vendors and couples, we are unable to publish all photos/stories.

Kindly email weddings (at) bellanaija.com for a possible feature.

We wish all couples a beautiful married life.

Thanks

• Sugar

October 20, 2015 at 5:02 pm

“At the Editor’s Discretion”
      That means you must have a ghen ghen wedding, strong connection or either a celeb wedding.

• shola

October 22, 2015 at 4:07 pm

@bn, you only feature expensive weddings ooooo

14. Charllyime

October 20, 2015 at 5:42 pm

For details on MUA contact the Event planner @june5ive_events on instagram.

• Chi

October 20, 2015 at 8:34 pm

DemiWilliams of BMPro

15. clare

October 20, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Congrats fabulous the wedding was very nice, the venue was amazeballs. God bless you both. And you looked flawless.

I trust you, you no dey carry last.

16. O

October 20, 2015 at 7:02 pm

For all you people wey dey fine the MUA, @makeupbychinny
    instagram.com/makeupbychinny/

• Deeza

October 21, 2015 at 4:22 pm

So why are you calling another persons name.

Other people have said its Demi Williams of BM Pro. Stealing another persons work is a No No

17. bisisexy

October 21, 2015 at 12:46 am

I luv the bride, u pple dat are asking abt d problem dat made dem quarrel,read to understand, she met the guy more Dan 10 yrs ago,how long do u want her to wait?i came to conclusion today all guys are the same, was jisting wit a big guy friend of mine,he told me freely abt his celeb,Sliver spoon friends addicted to calling escorts, mayb bcos dey give men deir 1st experience,I am like Waow, so wats d essence,of d romantic story, if d escort is lucky she can marry a big boy oh,dey will come here and say Anoda story,guys are natural maniacs,our culture and society support dem 2,most guys are difficult u need prayers to help u out and stupid patience, cos u will b b surprised

18. tols

October 21, 2015 at 3:53 am

beautiful. Bellanaija pls who did her makeup??? the MUA did a an excellent and clean job.

• Chi

October 21, 2015 at 9:38 am

Hello Tols….
      Demiwilliams of BMPro did both the traditional and white wedding make up for the bride

MakeupbyChinny did the makeup for the bridal train for the white wedding

• tols

October 21, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Thank you..

19. Great Lady

October 21, 2015 at 10:06 am

What a beautiful bride.

20. ruky

October 21, 2015 at 11:55 am

Congratulations to the couple. My instincts says they are expecting. I notice the way the bride keeps cradling her tummy.

• Chi

October 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Hello Ruky….
      Sorry hunnie… your instincts are wrong…
      She wasnt expecting in the picture 🙂
      Enjoy your day

21. Chi!

October 21, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Congrats dear! u just inspired me. i graduated 2006 n am feeling as if am old cos am not yet married n here u r,graduating in 2005,got married dis month. Thank u so much for sharing dear! u just gav me hope dat God’s time is d best. I wish u marital bliss from d depth of my heart!

22. Deeza

October 21, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Her makeup is so lovely and ‘fresh’, like someone described . No better words to describe it.

Makeup by Demi Williams of BMPRO . Fabulous ! I guess she’ll cost a bit less than Banks herself? Well Win Win for everybody. Whoop!

23. Miss Mo

October 24, 2015 at 5:09 am

Awwww, she’s a beauty to behold. Love her outfits and colors.

HML to them

24. Ahuose

October 29, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I was like awww when reading the story. When i saw the pictures, i was like “awwww! I know the bride!” Congrats Frances and Desmond. I wish you guys the very best <3

25. Anonymous

October 30, 2015 at 12:58 pm

The makeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. diana

November 23, 2015 at 1:38 pm

beautiful couple, God pls bless with me with my own husband ooh.

27. esekhaluqueen

February 6, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Oh…..Am so happy for you guys…God Pls bless me with my own hubby
    .amen