Scoop

Ready for More Genevieve Nnaji? Watch the Exclusive 2nd Teaser for ‘Road to Yesterday’ Introducing Oris Erhuerho

T.E.N (The Entertainment Network) producers of the feature film ‘Road to Yesterday’ have released the second teaser from the highly-anticipated film.

The second teaser features and introduces Nigerian-British actor, Oris Erhuerho who plays ‘Izu’ the burly husband and father.

Ohis Oris

Last week, audiences experienced the first teaser with Genevieve Nnaji as ‘Victoria’ the conflicted wife and mother.

Click here if you missed it.

Set in Lagos Nigeria, Road to Yesterday is an epic love story, about a couple desperate to mend its marriage on a road trip to a relative’s funeral. However when memories and secrets from the past are revealed, a lot more is at stake than their relationship.

RTY 1 RTY RTY 2

Directed by Ishaya Bako, Road to Yesterday also stars Majid Michel, Chioma ‘Chigul’ Omeruah and veteran Ebele Okaro.

Watch the teaser below.

1. aikay

October 6, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Hmmmm this people wants to kill us with suspense, abeg when is the premier date again? I just hope it is worth the wait mk e no go be like buhari’s ministerial list oh that got us totally dissappointed

2. Mothafreaka

October 6, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Na wa o. If not that I really need to see Gene in a movie, I wont be trying to see this. This mr Orhuero needs small work please, he’s scratching on the edges of sexy but not quite there yet. Not even one single smile fa. I got depressed watching them. If the emotional turmoil was too much, why let us live through this torture?! Prolonged melodramatic stares that belong in soap opera’s. When Genevieve burst into tears i even felt relief, the tension had become too heavy.

The kiss; I tried to feel that kiss honest. They both look like good kissers. But the final play was like he was giving her sloppy tongue on lips. I can’t deal.
    As to the acting, Genevieve should focus on her Jennifer Lopez/Julia Roberts qualities that made us love her. That exaggerated kittenness, The cutesy soppy sweetness. that is why she became my number 1 actress. That is what I so love about her acting. The unforced nature of it.

This trying to win Oscar for low budget African movies is not it at all. Genevieve was made for love stories not deep loaded stares, of which this movie is in tall supply. This neo nollywood need to go deep into uncharted emotional waters is annoying please!
    I will see the movie sha 😀 Just because of Gene. Just because

• Tubby

October 6, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Go and watch Teletubbies.

• MOM

October 7, 2015 at 8:45 am

hahahah that stares is award given to AARTT AND YASH IN MARRIED AGAIN.

3. Bisi

October 6, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Those eyes Madam Genevieve!!! Abeg Kill us softly oo…
    Looks Interesting.

4. nolly

October 6, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Genny Baby oo. You know I love you. can’t wait

5. Ekene

October 6, 2015 at 3:33 pm

I felt like crying with her. That portrayal of emotion is so genuine

6. MOM

October 6, 2015 at 3:44 pm

i will love to watch it . for one reason.

7. Chynwa

October 6, 2015 at 6:08 pm

Ok already… this torture is plenty- two teasers in two weeks. can Nov 27th just be tmrw??? all I can guess is that Genevieve cheated. Bobo just forgive her and allow us watch the movie biko

8. Sophy

October 6, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Abeg abeg, this is like the worst trailer i’ve seen in recent history. Tells you nada about the story line and what in hell was that commentary……gosh!!! Plus the guy looks scruffy and maybe they were going for a rugged handsome look but they landed on like a surulere conductor thing there and I would say that was a sure miss. The kiss looked so fake and was more of a chaffing of the lips, lacked emotion. Nollywood can do better na, haba. Anyway we love Genny baby and thats the only attractive thing in this trailer

• annalise keating

October 7, 2015 at 8:23 am

Lol @ Surulere conductor. I like how they didn’t give out much in the trailer. We don’t get to see this kind of suspense in movie trailers these days.

9. judy

October 6, 2015 at 11:00 pm

WARNING: Read the below in forced American accent.

Ya’ll don’t know what’s about to hit ya’ll. Read the script and ma jaw dropped like “oh my God”. Who is the audience of this film? Nigerians ain’t gonna care for it, and American ain’t gonna want Africans re-inventing their stories. Wait till ya’ll see the film. The ending is gonna wow ya’ll. Genny baby’s gone Hollywood on us. Genny baby is African woman influenced by the Americans and ya’ll gonna know soon. Where the old Genny baby gone? I wanna know….

• Linda

October 7, 2015 at 1:01 am

You must be an insider involved in the film industry for you to have gotten your hands on the script. I will say one thing. Whom God has blessed, no man can curse. Focus on your own work and pray you find an audience for it. Bless

• judy

October 7, 2015 at 11:05 am

In other words, hater go and do your own shebi? Lol. You Genevieve fans can be such psychopaths. This is why this lady can’t seem to break out. She’s constantly praised even when it’s underserving. Lack of criticism is the doom of Nollywood. Angelina Jolie’s film gets criticised, I wonder why Genevieve’s can’t. Kmt. Insider. Yes. Filmmaker. No. Maybe you need to tell Genny baby that her fans WHICH INCLUDES ME will eventually get sick of her if she keeps resting on her oars.

10. chinedu arinze

October 7, 2015 at 8:40 am

I can see they are hiding a lot from us in the trailer, I can’t wait for 27th Nov

• Stop showing your ignorance

October 7, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Aunty/Uncle splendid, even your beloved hollywood copies other film markets. It’s a business on. If something has worked with audiences a one part of the world, chances are, they’ll work in another part as most human stories are universal, they just need to be tweaked and given local context. All these Nigerians forming critics, I would like to know what you do, what industry you work in that doesn’t have western influences.

11. Splendid

October 7, 2015 at 9:29 am

Nollywood with their copy copy. This movie is a replica of Hollywood movie. Please, you people should not kill me ohh. Nollywood should please stop copying Hollywood movies.

• kirk

October 7, 2015 at 11:18 am

The 1925 road to yesterday hollywood movie is a silent movie in language n the story has no connection with this ons

12. linda

October 7, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Fan ko Fan ni. The movie is not even out,, yet you have gone to the trouble of reading the script so you can criticise her on that. And I am the psycopath? Look in the mirror love. If you know so much about what the Nigerian audience wants, release yours.

• judy

October 7, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Your IQ is fantastic. I read the script to criticise her? Lol. What if I read it for a client? What if I read it cause I’m eager to see what Genevieve is finally settling for after turning down scripts sent to her? You are either in Genevieve’s team, among the people that tells her everything she does is fine or just an unreasonable fan. Cause I see no reason why your launching a tirade on me. I will be watching the film at Afriff and I will be back to say more. Except no response from me anyways

13. quirky

October 7, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Y’all need to take a chill pill please. All this criticism just from the preview that supposedly gives nothing away. And all this talk of copy copy, so? what if it is a remake of an old Hollywood classic?. I will have you know that even the famous titanic movie is a remake. people make remakes all the time, when you do watch it, judge it based on how well a story was told, the acting powers of the actors, the movie props, the fluidity between scenes, the use of words and especially the dialogues. Don’t condemn it based on the fact that it is a remake afterall there’s almost no new storyline under the planet. I however, have great expectations for it. It is the first feature film of this director and so far, all his short films have been a success. So, am keeping my fingers crossed. ..

14. obaina nwali

October 12, 2015 at 8:40 am

Hmmn! From the aroma you can tell it’s a tasty meal. Don’t expect anything less from amateur heads n e-rated anyways. I’m salivating already, can’t wait