News

Karrueche visits IDP Camp in Abuja

BellaNaija.com

Karrueche‘s trip to Abuja has been really interesting starting off with her appearance at the PLAY Apparel launch/pool party on Sunday.

Since then she met with media including BN reps and also visited an orphanage and a camp for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). IDPs are people who have been displaced from their communities in Northern Nigeria due to Boko Haram attacks.

Photos from her visit

Good Morning Abuja :)

Good Morning Abuja 🙂

Tell me something..

Tell me something..

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit an IDP camp in Abuja where many of the #bringbackourgirls came to. I remember seeing the #bringbackourgirls movement on social media but seeing it in person was a much different experience. I was able to listen to this mothers story of her journey from Northern Nigeria. It was very heartbreaking to hear and to see their living conditions. She said when it rains they have no choice but to stand and there is little to no work for her husband. I told her I admire her for her strength and I will pray for her and her family everyday. This was a very humbling experience for me-I cried at the thought of ever complaining about anything in life. It is unfortunate but I know God will protect them. We can not save the world but we can take small steps to help #WithLove - Photo by George Okoro

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit an IDP camp in Abuja where many of the #bringbackourgirls came to. I remember seeing the #bringbackourgirls movement on social media but seeing it in person was a much different experience. I was able to listen to this mothers story of her journey from Northern Nigeria. It was very heartbreaking to hear and to see their living conditions. She said when it rains they have no choice but to stand and there is little to no work for her husband. I told her I admire her for her strength and I will pray for her and her family everyday. This was a very humbling experience for me-I cried at the thought of ever complaining about anything in life. It is unfortunate but I know God will protect them. We can not save the world but we can take small steps to help #WithLove | Photo by George Okoro

Something about this lil princess I was very drawn to.. Every time I looked at her she kept giving me shy looks - I asked her to come over to me and she gave me the biggest hug | Photo by George Okoro

Something about this lil princess I was very drawn to.. Every time I looked at her she kept giving me shy looks – I asked her to come over to me and she gave me the biggest hug | Photo by George Okoro

Playing peek a boo w the lil princess | Photo by George Okoro

Playing peek a boo w the lil princess | Photo by George Okoro

Beauties from the InternallyDisplacedPersons camp | Photo by George Okoro

Beauties from the InternallyDisplacedPersons camp | Photo by George Okoro

♥ | Photo by George Okoro

♥ | Photo by George Okoro

I also was able to visit Hope for Survival Orphanage - this is 9 month old Comfort who went straight in my arms - she was so cute and lovable

I also was able to visit Hope for Survival Orphanage – this is 9 month old Comfort who went straight in my arms – she was so cute and lovable

She was fascinated by my bracelet and loved waving Hi

She was fascinated by my bracelet and loved waving Hi

"The shortest distance between two people is a smile." | Photo by George Okoro

“The shortest distance between two people is a smile.” | Photo by George Okoro

1. lc

November 17, 2015 at 8:23 pm

this woman is indeed a very fine lady and her skin…. lovely!

• Tinuke

November 17, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Some people are sooo numb to the plight of their own. i bet you were one of the people saying pray for paris. nothing wrong with praying for them but with everything that this post contains you went through the effort to type such a useless comment. sad! and shame on you.

• jayboogie

November 18, 2015 at 7:06 am

Sorry, but your comment is disgusting , whoever you are at IC . looking at these pictures and the only thing worth observing to your hypocritical eyes is Kerrueche skin and how fine she is ? you need to hide ! Sure if this was in some other country you’ll probably be doing awww awww ..smh !

2. lyl

November 17, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Awww…so sweet of her.She got a big heart though.Just hope its not for publicity. If its for real,God bless her heart.

3. mrs chidukane

November 17, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Lovely pictures.

4. Shallie'spurplebeehive

November 17, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Weldone Karrueche! hope you donated some that appearance fee of yours to them?? not to only pray..

5. Passerby

November 17, 2015 at 8:28 pm

What a lovely girl with a lovely heart.

6. FasholasLover

November 17, 2015 at 8:30 pm

OK. I hv nothing against this girl. I believe in making hay…………………………………..But, Naija shaaa, we like anything imported. Pls. what is this girl’s claim to fame? I yaff tire.

7. chi-e-z

November 17, 2015 at 8:34 pm

aww ok I’ll try not 2 say anything negative bout her again not that I have ever but don’t plan on it now. Naija Govt stand up and let’s fix something tangible for our displaced citizens. …but I hope she has strong mosquitto repellant that’s a lot of leg juice to those busters 🙂

8. o

November 17, 2015 at 8:34 pm

awwwwww…….nice of her.

9. Janet

November 17, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Lol how on earth did she get away with showing that much leg? I’m surprised they didn’t give her wrapper to tie looool.

• jejely commenting

November 17, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Na oyibo. lol.

SMH for Nigerians.

• lad

November 18, 2015 at 8:52 am

She’s in Abuja not Syria! As if your celebrities dont show MUCH MORE Legs than that!

• Janet

November 18, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Yes but she is in a predominantly Muslim state, that’s why I asked. Don’t tear your cloth because of a simple question. Shuoo

10. Jo!

November 17, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Mschewwwww

11. Marc Francis of Chelsea

November 17, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Never been a fan of Karate but this is admirable of her.

12. Lalaf

November 17, 2015 at 9:22 pm

How many of our local celebs have ever even gone to this place.I never even knew it existed.Its a shame that outsiders have to come and show us things in our country.Publicity or not. Do not hate her, she will stay winning.People are quick to judge her because they said why is she famous. Dumb asses, she is famous because of people like you.She is famous because she dated a celebrity, she is famous because she is an actress, Yes she is in movies, dlisted or whatever, She is famous because she promotes peoples parties and host events.She is famous because you keep her name in your mouth and so do the bills continue in her account.Get over it, the world is not what it used to be,I don’t even believe hating can bring anyone down anymore, lets face it, hating is like a boost drug to the ambitious.Welcome Karruche to Nigeria!! .:)

13. Mimi May

November 17, 2015 at 9:36 pm

@ Marc F, Karate? Lolzzzz. Abeg o na Karrueche. That was ver humble of her. Feeling our pains. God bless her.

14. lolipop

November 17, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Atleast dis makes more sense….I wonder who she told.dem she was dou

15. nnenne

November 17, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Thanks Karrueche!
    BTW, what happened to the other survivors of Boko Haram? I recall after St. Thersa’s Christmas bombing, a girl lost all her family members.
    Just wondering what happened to the earlier victims of Boko Haram.

A simple way of stopping siblings rivalry is: Treat all your children alike. My humble two cents!

16. anon

November 17, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Awwwwwwww how lovely. Just look at how big her heart is. She came to Nigeria with her own funds, and visited these displaced people. Wow. How very charitable of her . To think that she’s doing this all for free. Now that’s what I call charity. Shame on you celebrities in naija I just know the only way you selfish ones would do this is if you were put on a first class seat on BA, hotel bill paid, paid for appearance , given guards plus chauffer driven to predetermined destinations. Thank God for angels like this christbrowncastoff. Abi is dat not how dey spell ur name.

• passingby

November 18, 2015 at 11:22 am

LMAO yes oh, for free all for free how many of our celebrities can do this . Please shift let me also worship at her beautiful feet. What an angel of light.

17. Ekene

November 18, 2015 at 1:41 am

Thats So Nice Of Her…

18. Ebere

November 18, 2015 at 1:44 am

I have a new respect for Karrueche……I hereby bestow you with a new Nigerian name (KarruChidinma)……………

• nsisong

November 19, 2015 at 10:17 am

well i think Uche…sounds like her real name for short

19. Queenbee

November 18, 2015 at 2:24 am

To start with – wtf is this chic? What is her relevance in world affairs that someone would pay her to appear at a camp talking about very serious matters that we all know she could give 2 shits about. Naija must stop the follow follow. She is the ex girlfriend of a would be wife beater. Mtchew. Secondly if she had half sense she wouldn’t show up dressed for a fashion shoot to a scene where it is mainly muslim women who are incredibly sensitive to the way in which a woman’s body is displayed in public.it is almost disrespectful but certainly misinformed. 3rdly this girls career Is geared towards instagram and media attention for no real reason why are we trivialising such a serious issue by inviting Dlisters who are more committed to their eyebrow shaping routine than to any actual world issue or suffering. Nigeria please wake up and take action of your country

• hezekina pollutina

November 18, 2015 at 5:29 am

when was the last time u visited an idp camp? what have you contributed to ease the pain and suffering of the displaced people? i just find ur reaction overblown. am sure u have good intentions and u have a right to ur opinion. I also get what u mean as in she does not represent normally anything serious – however in this case i feel its the thought that counts. she is bringing attention to a good cause, something in our backyard. it seems sincere. i have not been to an idp camp. karreauche has! thats really cool! reminds me to think about ways i can get involved. nothing more or less. better than silly club pictures.

• Mee

November 18, 2015 at 10:45 am

Take a seat @YouAintQueenBee, you re just one heck of a hypocrite! So cus she allowed to wear that on the streets, shes not allowed to show up at the IDP camp like that huh? Holy ground IDP camp! SIghs, when will you start using your head to think rather that those ugly toes? First and foremost, she’s an international model (Google is your friend if you don’t know what a model is) 2. This gesture is nice because she posted on her social media account, since our own celebs cant do anything about it, im sure with what she did, others can also come in to help this people in need. Don;t just seat your flat ass there and critic, do something!

• kenitola

November 18, 2015 at 11:27 am

your comment is just so silly bee. google is your paddy

20. Julie

November 18, 2015 at 2:49 am

I always thought of her as such a sweet lady. Now she has confirmed it. God bless her.

21. SWAGG1

November 18, 2015 at 2:53 am

ALL I HEAR IS A BIG FREAKING CRICKET !!!

22. hezekina pollutina

November 18, 2015 at 5:20 am

karreuche well done! you look in your element, as in, charity looks good on you. and you’re right: seeing the suffering of others helps put our lives in perspective. even though u are young, and still finding your way, i hope this visit will impact your social consciousness and help u evolve in right direction. thanks for sharing.

23. lad

November 18, 2015 at 8:50 am

Now where are all those dumb people cursing and insulting when she was invited to abuja???! See now, dem go siddon abuse! How many Nigerian celebrities have gone to visit the IDP Camp? NONE!!!! But when BN posted this, see how the low lives kept raining insults and yaps on the organizers and the girl! Check here o http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/16/karrueche-tran-is-having-the-most-fun-in-abuja/ They said she has no talent! but those with talent, what have they done so far???? Rabbish!!! Im really moved at this. Even if its a fake act, girl this just melted my heart… I am moved. Gosh, I really wish I could visit this camp and give out things… So help me God. I think the govt should open an account where we can send cash or something. I really want to help mehn!

24. halia

November 18, 2015 at 9:06 am

So proud of her for having grown so much since her split. Such a kind spirit. Continue to evolve K! #shewonmeover #newshecrush #?formynaija

25. CHIKA

November 18, 2015 at 9:30 am

Well done Kar but those are too much legs and glam for an IDP camp biko! Nice of you though. The smiles and looks of these children are touchy!

26. Nkechi

November 18, 2015 at 9:43 am

I am particularly touched by her show of love. So many of us have not bothered to visit this camp talkless of send food or clothing to this displaced citizens of our dear country (me inclusive). Well done girl! And thanks for reminding me that there are people going thru really tough situations and we should learn to thank God always and not complain as we often do. I don’t really care if she gave them anything, taking the time to visit and carry those little kids mean the world. This certainly has been penned down in my #Todolist. Visit the less privileged… #ThingsILongthroatfor #Goodcause

27. jay

November 18, 2015 at 10:09 am

Where are all those people who were talking trash about her being invited to Abuja? I hope ur mouths have been sealed now

28. tobi

November 18, 2015 at 10:54 am

Missing the point here!!!!!!!!. Call any nigerian any offer them first class ticket, hotel, armed guards plus payment they will be lining up offering to go intobthe bush to interview boko haram leader himself. And i havent visited this camp but i know loads of nigerians that visit motherless baby homes, old people sponsored by themselves. I have respect gor those people becsuse they truly offer their widows mith and their reward is from GOD.This chick is getting paid plus publicity. She’s not doing it for notting . Gosh how gullible people are. You see oyingbo hug blackie that all it takes to get your monkey level brains going awwwww, how cute, what an angel from heaven. You guys make me SICK. No wonder these corrupt politicians continue to mess u guys up. Please organisers pay me big box I will visit the camp and even pass the night there. The fact is you guys love oyinbo pass una mama. Let me summarise my point IF I WAS PAID AS MUCH AS SHE WERE I WOULD VISIT THE CAMP. SHE WOULD NOT VISIT THE CAMP WITHOUT PAYMENT INCLUDING CAMERA PUBLICITY TINZS.

29. passingby

November 18, 2015 at 10:59 am

Big f**king deal. How much did she get to do that. And yep money talks bull’s hi walks. Look at how she’s dressed to go into a Muslim camp. Plurlessssss! It the kerechwatsit show!

30. kanayo

November 18, 2015 at 11:12 am

Yall need to take a chill pill or go and eat some fresh fruit or something. The lady got paid. That’s why she’s here. If our celebrities are sponsored they will bring do this too.

31. clifford

November 18, 2015 at 11:17 am

Good intention but badly presented. your dress is a misfit. Is it until you display your panties that we will believe you are a celb.

32. Truth

November 18, 2015 at 11:53 am

What baffles me in all of this is that the same people that are quick to celebrate a woman famous for having a s£x tape with her D-List celebrity ex (Kim K) are quick to bash her because she dated a celebrity for 5 years?!!! Would it have pleased you if she had s£x tape first, butt enlargement, botox, lip fillers and a reality TV show? Would she be worth celebrating then like you celebrate Kim K! Hypocrites! Ironically your beloved Kim K came to Nigeria and didn’t/wouldn’t even fraternise with half the naija “celebs” let alone commoners or the unfortunate. She stayed for less then a day and did nothing for the country or even just her fans. But it’s Karrueche visiting the IDP camp that you have a problem with? LOL! What twisted logic. It’s not her fault she got with someone that upgraded her life and that her experience ended up opening doors for her. Your partner is supposed to help make your life better and take you to another level; if yours don’t and your exes didn’t, its something you need to deal with on your own accord instead of misplacing your frustrations on a woman who’s ex did and made the best of the situation. She is signed to one of the biggest modelling agencies in the world, she’s an actress and a presenter now because she used the position she was in wisely

Half the international celebs that you guys gush and wet yourselves over never go anywhere beyond the comfort of their hotel room, event (they’re being paid to be at) or luxurious place but you celebrate them. This one has tried and made her millions of followers (and other celebs that follow her) aware of a cause in your country that you probably ignore everyday but she gets hate & insults?! O tempora, O mores!

33. olu

November 18, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Kerrue che giving hope and life to neglected side chicks and thirsty guys LMAO.

34. deede

November 18, 2015 at 4:16 pm

why na only celebrities? you no fi go yourself?

35. bokun

November 19, 2015 at 6:42 am

She’s doing it because SHE IS PAID TO, that’s her motivating factor, not goodness from her heart. Na buisness tinzs. And I am sure Kim k’s would have kissed Oshimole for the right price. Money for hand back for ground.

36. imustdropacomment

November 23, 2015 at 11:36 am

Hello All, no mandates in d office so i feel i have the time to write this……..we all live in Nigeria and the money in our account can never be enough( an example of this is our leaders stealing and stealing when we feel like they should have been satisfied….but no!!!

What im trying to say is this…we have alot of people living in abject poverty and there seems to be nothing we can do abt it and we are waiting for the government …but there is something that can be done…we can help…give those in need..raise up NGOs’ or support existing NGOs lets help…maybe if we send out a message of hope we will be able to kill the messages of hate and war that is being preached out there