Scoop

“I was constantly being judged” – Karen Igho talks about her Experience in Big Brother Africa with BBC

Untitled

Karen Igho announced a couple of weeks ago that she was to be featured on BBC and now the interview podcast with the new mother has been released.

In the interview she talks about how she was hated when she was in the Big Brother house and how people grew to love her because they saw how much of a good heart she had.

She said, “I was constantly being judged for the way I look, the clothes I wear. I was one of the most hated persons on the planet when I first went into Big Brother .Because I have this very blunt personality. So at that time, they haven’t seen somebody like me. They were like who is this girl? Why is she like this? She’s from Nigeria? Omg she is so ugly! She’s this, she’s that. Look at her boobs. Look at the way she is dressed. She’s such an embarrassment to Nigeria. When I came out that was when I saw everything and I watched it. I was like oh my god; people actually were saying this about me? As time goes by, they started realizing that I’m not about what they see. That I have something in my heart. That I am actually genuine and I’m real. And they fell in love with me and I won. Why? Because they realize I have a good heart.

Listen to her interview below.

1. jess

December 21, 2015 at 11:08 am

Karen is a typical example of never judging a book just from the cover. I fell in love with her in those three months. it was obvious she was a good person with a beautiful heart

2. DD

December 21, 2015 at 11:52 am

Very true… people did judge her initially but later grew to love her personality.

3. prince

December 21, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I didn’t like her at first too (guilty of that) but I fell in love with her personality later on and voted for her like crazy. I was damn sure that she would win but I thought Lucklay will be the 2nd winner not that OTONDO

• Lee

December 21, 2015 at 2:14 pm

C’mon. The 2nd winner, the Namibian guy (I’ve forgotten his name) was/is cool, calm and collected. I like Karen, very authentic.

4. December wind

December 21, 2015 at 1:30 pm

I was actually one of those who felt funny about her initially but eventually fell in love with her as the show went on . I like how she’d chosen to live her life after winning the show ; marriage , motherhood and a private life .

This goes a long way to show that one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover . ( but if you’ve read the synopsis , my dear you can go ahead and judge that book right away ,,lol ) .

I think it’s unwise for we humans to judge what we did not create , I see no point in judging one another . Just let God be the judge .

5. Honeycrown

December 21, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Correct Chic! Nothing like staying true to ones self. If she had changed to please others she may not have won or she would have ended up having multiple personalities just to please the world.

6. Carine

January 22, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Karen is always my best housemate till date. She has a golden heart. She is humane and kind.

7. Carine

January 22, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Karen has a golden heart. She is real, humane and kind. I could remember when she was fed up with the hatred in the big brother house. She went to biggie in the diary room that she wants to quit the game and leave the house. Biggie response was this; KAREN, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! A piece of advice that has helped me a lot in life and it’s still keeping me. You can see, at the end of the show, Karen was declared the winner….. Her good heart won her the cash and fame! I Love You, Karen. God bless your new home. Cheers.