Relationships

Should Men Wear Engagement Rings Too? Watch Hosts of “The Real” Talk about It!

BN TV

Things get quite interesting at “The Real” Studio as hosts of the show – Jeanie Mai, Loni Love, Tamera Mowry-Housley, Adrienne Bailon – as well as guest host Brandy Norwood ask “Should Men Wear Engagement Rings Too?”

The ladies chat about it and while Adrienne likes the idea of a promise ring, Tamera has something different in mind.

Watch and weigh in below.

1. Green

January 15, 2016 at 2:28 am

I really really really really do think that men should wear engagement rings. Not that it will stop anything (a ring never stops anything these days), but it shows that the two (not just one person) are committed to being together.

2. Kelechi

January 15, 2016 at 2:42 am

It is really sad that 80% of women discussion is about men. Who f!cking cares about men wearing engagement ring?

3. Honeycrown

January 15, 2016 at 4:10 am

So according to one of the ladies, because we’re living “in these days of equality ….” a man should wear an engagement ring. If una like, make your man wear tiara or gele to show they are engaged and your equal.
    #WhenTalkShowisRunningoutOfTalk

• Charles

January 15, 2016 at 7:46 am

Lol…you dey mind them?? Some of these “feminists” are just a sorry lot.

4. Californiabawlar

January 15, 2016 at 5:01 am

Lmaooo! They have not finished wearing their wedding rings! Maybe I just pay more attention since it’s my own culture, but I’ve never seen a group of men that dislike wearing their wedding bands as much as our generation Naija/black men in general. I’m talking men that have been married less than a year…there’s this one that I work with…smh, let me not even continue.
    Well as that actor said in his rant yesterday….it’s amazing how cheating is a cultural norm for us as black people….like fidelity is above the average black man’s level of morality.

Oh! This of course excludes ALL BN husbands/male visitors or in short any man anyone who reads this knows….they are all great men with morals of cherubs…
    I no get time for rebuttals ?

5. ATL's finest

January 15, 2016 at 6:27 am

I have always wondered why most men (engaged/married) don’t wear there band. But oh well in my ratchet American ascent, Ring don’t mean a gaddam thing to a lot of folks these days.

6. jasmine

January 15, 2016 at 9:16 am

Their cup of tea. My own concern is this: most married men don’t wear their wedding band. Why? It’s not like it’s gonna stop them 4rm cheating or stop a babe 4rm following them o (coz some girls get mind sha), but why? I feel it’s a sign of respect to the wife and to tell every1 that they are happily married even if they are not. Abi? Lol

7. tife

January 15, 2016 at 9:40 am

I got engaged about 6 months ago, months later an opportunity opened for him to be away for further studies, I am here with my ring, he is there without one. I was at the super market yesterday, i guy walked up to me seeing my ring, he apologized and moved on………….. that got me thing about this topic…………………..

8. rings don't define you ladies

January 15, 2016 at 10:40 am

Switch it over,

Should/must ladies wear/die over wearing rings?
    Rings don’t define you.
    You lot can die over what kind of ring is he proposing with? what type pf wedding band it is, can’t go out without wearing it, if you forget at home, they turn back to get it……

Rings don’t define you. Is it a must?
    Many use to intimidate other single girls
    many use to validate themselves
    many use to demand respect from others
    many use to up their fashion sense….

Wear ring ko, wear band ni

• rings don't define you ladies

January 15, 2016 at 10:45 am

And Yes, my gf/wife does not neccessarily have to wear one, it is her choice.
      Wearing a ring does not make her more faithful to me. Not wearing does not make her less faithful. I have seen women with rings still dating their previous boyfriends and sleeping with them.

I just feel it is an insecurity issue, whereby a lady wants to do everything to make every other lady know that the man is hers. A keep off sign to other ladies- I am there. Maintaining their territory…..

• The real Ibinabo

January 15, 2016 at 6:57 pm

That is not true! I know about 2 single ladies that wear engagement rings to avoid harassment from male lecturers . Wearing a ring prevents unnecessary harassment and I think married men should wear their wedding bands to let people know they are taken. I am indifferent about the engagement ring issue for both men and women but I think both sexes should wear their wedding bands. That said, anyone that plans to cheat would still cheat regardless.

9. queen bee

January 15, 2016 at 10:42 am

even in Nigeria, people judge how rich your husband is by the ring he gives you. same way they judge ur worth by things you post on social media

10. June

January 15, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Old news. Yawn. The real needs to get the scheduling and live time on YouTube right. Ring , Sming, it’s all metal. NEXT

11. tay

January 15, 2016 at 1:40 pm

well YOU and the rest of us cos you clicked on the link!!!!

12. What?

January 15, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Are those Tamera’s bra straps showing?

13. JackieDennis

January 15, 2016 at 2:21 pm

I am a man and I wear e discreet two stone ring my wife bought me. Nothing wrong with that it’s just like you wear some shirt she bought to you, you wear it because you love her.

14. Nnenna

January 15, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Topics like this never really cross my mind,. But I did have a male friend who wore a wedding band even though he wasn’t married. I asked him why and he said, that he didn’t want to even encourage the thirst. And that when he met the girl that made him take it off, he would. And that would probably be the same girl that would make him put it back on again. The deepest thing I’ve ever heard a guy say. He’s married to a lovely, lovely woman now.

15. Oly

January 15, 2016 at 3:59 pm

If the women are willing to cough up money to buy their men one, then go ahead (*rolls eyes)

• Drknite

January 15, 2016 at 4:14 pm

I love you already Oly!

16. BeeBee

January 15, 2016 at 4:23 pm

You know it has always been a man’s world plus they are the head of the home. So i think them giving the ring to a woman is like a symbol that you’re his. On the other hand, if your hubby or fiance doesnt mind wearing an engagement ring then u can go ahead n give him one. which means you’ll buy the ring and also propose hahahahaha! I dont think most women will like dat so…..its your choice!
    Please i dunno if its just me buh…Brandy looks old n stressed in this video

17. Annie Byrd

January 19, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Well i can’t imagine my man wearing diamond engagement ring, maybe if the style changes, but the way the rings are now, they can wear something else instead 😉