BN TV

Emma Nyra talks New Music, Being Back in Nigeria after a Year & More | Watch

Emma Nyra TV InterviewEmma Nyra is back in Nigeria after a long break to perform and explore her music abroad. The former Triple MG star talks to TVC entertainment about her music, if marriage is on the horizon for her and more.

See excerpts below.

On 5 things you may not know about her:
– She is an accomplished gymnast. She competed in several competitions when she was younger.
– She is an athlete. In school she played Volleyball, Handball and Basketball.
– She actually used volleyball to pay for her college and she has a degree in health education and a minor in public affairs.
– She has a younger brother who is competing in the Olympics this year.
– She is the second of four children.

On having Patoranking on “For My Matter” remix: Actually, Patoranking chose me. He called me when he heard my song and he said that he would love to be on the remix and I was very very excited about it so we recorded it. We shot the video in New York.

On what she has been up to: After I released “Elele” featuring Davido, I released “For My Matter”, the first version and after that I really just took time off to perfect my music. I had a lot of show bookings that I was doing abroad so I was away from Nigeria for almost a year but I came back in December.

On marriage: I can’t say when I will get married but anytime the right person comes along then it will definitely happen for me. I’m not gonna get married because I’ll say I’ve reached a certain age or that I want to get married very very badly.

Watch the rest of her interview below.

1. fan

March 3, 2016 at 8:26 pm

This girl really wanna grow,please let’s support her.

• Mr. Egghead

March 3, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Why should I support her? What is her highest educational qualification?

• ATL's finest

March 3, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Yes, I pray she is able to get a big break like every other person out there.. Best of luck Ms. Emma

• Dammy

March 4, 2016 at 10:53 am

We should support her to be an athlete because singing is not her calling!!
      Look at the this she mentioned in the ‘5 things you may not know about her’:… its quite obvious that she should change her ‘career’ path.,.. and that dusty orange wig is making my eyes hurt smh

2. lol

March 3, 2016 at 8:55 pm

amercian accent slowing fading lol …still love u

• ATL's finest

March 3, 2016 at 9:45 pm

@ Lol of course , accent is automatic before u know it, u loose it 🙂 I lived in another Continent for almost 4-5yrs before I moved to the States & trust me, it was a Non- English speaking Country , before u know it my English was becoming rusty???? even my mom noticed how I started pronouncing my words etc. My Dad could barely speak broken English after couple of months of my sis & me speaking it, he became an expert?.

But when I visit Nigeria, some people will saying is ‘forming’ Ermm nope it’s not. My accent is not gonna change over night sorry;esp when your high School/College/Uni was here. But just give me 2wks into my visitation, The rest they say is history☺☺.

3. Tea

March 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm

It’s good to follow ur dreams, I applaud her.
    But maybe it’s time u dust ur certificate, after ur a certain age and you don’t have proper work experience, isn’t easy getting a job.
    One needs to be realistic when u reach a certain age and a certain craft isn’t working out.
    Na advice I give o, before ppl will chop me raw.
    Same thing happened to my friend, she tried acting in d Uk and it didn’t just work. Now she’s back in naija at 30 with little or nothing on her CV.

4. truth

March 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm

music is not for everyone. yes one might have a good voice but doesnt mean you are an entertainer. i think if she took time to get a masters degree or even try her hand at acting that she might be more successful . In any case may she be successful in the path she chooses and may God give her the wisdom to choose the best talent path.

5. Papacy

March 3, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Plix. Plix. What happened to this lady’s head in this pishure?

6. ThankGodFormMe

March 3, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Hey! where una? give this girl a break, wetin she do una sef? i have seen the remix, and it was pretty good, and she can do well in the industry, some of you posting comments here have nothing going on…nobody know anyone in your generation….make una press. The girl is doing her thing. press!

7. me

March 4, 2016 at 2:08 am

choose your name wisely nyra is devaluating, wishing you well in all your chosen endeavours.

8. lacey

March 4, 2016 at 3:07 am

I just love love this girl!!!

9. auntie Oby

March 4, 2016 at 4:16 am

thank you bellanaija for always featuring my niece and showing her love. We love Emma and support her hard work and for those that support her with the family, thank you. The ones always criticizing, please keep it coming, it only makes her stronger!!!! love you Emmy, auntie Oby in da shizzle!!!

• Dammy

March 4, 2016 at 11:01 am

Aunty please be honest with your niece and tell her the truth! She is average at best and that is not enough to blow a popstar without the right backing!
      With no star quality or big label pushing her mediocre music she is wasting her time and little resources trying to be the next Tiwa!
      its time to get a normal job and face the truth.

• guest

March 4, 2016 at 11:51 am

Aw shut up Dammy, don’t come and spoil her Aunty’s positive support with criticism. Everyone has a right to follow their dreams, it isn’t up to you. Emmy Nyra, follow your dreams, if you want to sing, sing (you do have a talent for singing, you just need better branding). However, ensure you grow in your abilities, always keep trying to be better at your craft, even though people like Dammy want to bully you into giving up.

• Dammy

March 4, 2016 at 12:11 pm

I am just being honest, all of you people lying and deceiving this deluded 30 year old woman! Telling her she is talented and should continue releasing this dry music…. :/
      ARE YOU BUYING HER SONGS? NO!
      ARE YOU SUPPORTING HER BRAND? NO!
      ARE YOU REQUESTING HER MUSIC ON THE RADIO? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      So why all the fake comments hailing her? Stop deceiving this woman and let her go and get an office job or become a model since she likes showing her breasts and legs!

• lacey

March 5, 2016 at 2:09 am

This is Lilian Esoro in disguise pls move on with your trophy husband silly!!! Emma you are a strong strong girl! You can hold your own, no need to ride on any man’s dough!

10. AWOSH

March 4, 2016 at 11:51 am

THIS GIRL IS A BILLION OF TALENT.WHO THE HELL ARE Y’LL TO CRITICIZE A MASTER PIECE LIKE EMMA NYRA.HAVE U GUYS HEARD FOR MY MATTER REMIX? WHY SO EVIL?DONT LET THE DEVIL USE U.I SUPPORT EMMA AND EVERYTHING SHE STANDS FOR.ITS THE YEAR OF THE WOMAN AND SHE WILL BLOW IN YOUR FACES.MAKE UNA FEAR GOD OH,

11. Sunshine

March 4, 2016 at 12:12 pm

I really struggle to see what the ‘un’constructive criticism of this lady is about though…Does she have a good vocal range? Yes, better than 80-90% of the Nigerian artistes out there today in my opinion. Has she been successful in breaking into the Nigerian Market? Not yet. Is she giving up on her goals? No she Isn’t. So why exactly are we bashing her drive and goals? She’s not forcing anyone to listen to her music, neither is she trying to pull others down, so why are we being so negative about a young woman simply trying to navigate through life, just like every single one of us??!!! If her professional choices or music is not really your cup of tea then don’t click on articles about her next time, and spare her your mean-spirited advise please. There’s enough negativity in this world already, live and let live!!

12. Tosin

March 7, 2016 at 8:58 am

i said a little prayer for her.

pull up for the re-load