BN TV

“The Talk” Co-host Aisha Tyler breaks down in Tears while talking about Splitting from her Husband of over 20 Years | Watch

Aisha Tyler

Last week news surfaced that Aisha Tyler, one of the hosts of “The Talk” show, was getting a divorce from her husband of over 20 years Jeff Tietjens.

According to reports, the couple actually separated in January 2015, but was continuing to work on their relationship.

On Monday’s all-new episode of The Talk, the co-host spoke candidly about the emotional decision to divorce her partner of more than 20 years. Within a few sentences, Aisha found herself tearing up when praising a man she will always love.

Aisha Tyler said

“He’s the person who has influenced me and cared for me the most. In fact, he cared for me even longer than my parents have cared for me and it’s very hard when you love someone very much to also start to realize that maybe you want different things for your lives. That’s a very difficult realization to come to and you don’t want to accept it and you don’t want to believe it.”

She added

“I was with this extraordinary person. I had this extraordinary love affair for 25 years of my life and that is how I feel.  I think we did it exactly right. We loved each other passionately and lived life fully and we’re trying to let each other go in the kindest way we possibly can and even though we’re separating, all I want for him is joy and fulfillment and whatever he chooses to do in his life next and whatever I can do to help him do, that I want to do that. He’s a wonderful person. He’s been my best friend for always my entire life. I’ll always love him. I want to say to people out there that are speculating about it, that’s what I’m going to say about the relationship and the rest of it is none of your damn business.”

Watch a clip below.

1. Mr. Egghead

April 19, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Irreconcilable differences!!

In love, submit to one another.

2. Taiwo Abdul

April 19, 2016 at 2:23 pm

if it was true that your husbands was all the attributes you mentioned , i thinks that’s enough to keep a relationship. what else do you want in a relationship. it’s a shame. Most ladies don’t know what they do to themselves when they divorce it’s like there after walking on the street naked without shame.!

• Fufu

April 19, 2016 at 3:01 pm

It was her husband that filed for divorce…not her.
      BN: they were married for 22 years (1994).

• GraceOfGOD

April 19, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Good afternoon Sir. I actually GET your points BUT NONE of us is part of HER relationship. No ONE really knows what was MISSING there except GOD and the CONCERNED ONES. I for instance have loved a man SO MUCH, I gave SO MUCH in that relationship OUT of LOVE but I had to put an END to it because of my FAITH. I am a CHRISTIAN, he is a MUSLIM and GOD means a WHOLE LOT to me, SALVATION is really IMPORTANT to me. This was my MAJOR reason to put an END to that love story. I know I might have HURT him but I was REAL with him and I gave him my REASONS which he seems to NOT UNDERSTAND. I also SUFFERED a WHOLE LOT even though I was the one who ENDED it. I am narrating this to show that LOVE sometimes is NOT ENOUGH to stay TOGETHER. This woman may have her REASONS, may be this is related to her WISH to have CHILDREN. Anyway I have learnt LATELY to NOT be FAST to JUDGE others because we do not KNOW what they are GOING THROUGH. Have a BLISSFUL day and stay BLESSED 🙂 🙂 🙂

• onika

April 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm

u dint know he was a muslim before u started the relationship……or was he worshipping the devil?…smh……nigerians and fanatism…………………gudluck to u oooo

• ijebujesha

April 19, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Why would you date a muslim in the first instance, knowing you couldn’t marry him? We should be playing table tennis with human’s emotions, I met a christian lady in my final year at University and I knew we would make a great pair. But she’s christian and I knew I couldn’t marry one and I didn’t push it further.

• Josephine

April 19, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Lol! What an unintelligent comment.

• Josephine

April 19, 2016 at 5:22 pm

@ Taiwo Abdul

3. Anne

April 19, 2016 at 2:30 pm

I love her attitude to the breakup. I find that women whine more when a relationship ends.Men, on the other hand, even when they are dumped and hurt hardly make a circus about it. If more women follow Aisha’s lead, we will begin to get more respect from men. It takes a healthy self-esteem to let go when it’s over. Aisha is a very hardworking and decent woman. I have watched her juggle multiple TV shows, being the best at each of them. I wish she and her husband joy and fulfillment in their future endeavors.

• nene

April 20, 2016 at 10:33 am

and crying on tv is the answer? she humiliated herself, especially as he’s the one who left her. she should’ve just avoided publicity and taken a break to heal.

4. Chinedu

April 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm

My heart really aches for her. Heck I have cried over relationships that lasted 6 months so never mind 22 years. This is why I never envy anybody’s life. You never know what is in store.

5. Ella

April 19, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Nothing wrong with the comment by @graceofGod …yeah sometimes love is not enough…the breakup might have been hard but be the best decision ever….its true that some times love is not just enough….and I salute your courage to end it rather than fight and have an awful marriage due to religious differences. Some cases could be blood genotype issues AS & AS etc

6. Niyoola

April 19, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Aisha is my favourite on the talk. Gives very balanced opinions……. funny but real.

All the best boo

7. Marian

April 20, 2016 at 4:39 am

So who cheated? All these essay na wash. I don’t believe it for a second. Unless she just realized she’s gay or the guy is gay. I can’t think of anything else they can’t support eachother on. People should just start writing their own vows. It’s like they are forgetting they signed up for better or worse. Married folks, please start watching your wedding video once a month Cuz the rate of divorce is not funny anymore. After 22 yrs? Like really though? I don’t even know what to say to the ones that divorce after a few months. People need to start courting, get to know the person you want to marry.

8. PD Young Billionaire

April 21, 2016 at 1:43 am

Why cry on tv?The guy will be feeling cool now.