News

Goodluck Jonathan & Bukola Saraki Remember Former President Musa Yar’Adua on the 6th Anniversary of his Death

BellaNaija.com

Umaru Musa Yar'aduaToday marks 6 years since the passing of Nigeria’s former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua. Yar’adua died on May 5th 2010 at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa following his arrival from Saudi Arabia where he went to receive treatment for Pericarditis.

Yar’adua’s successor, Former President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday payed tribute to the former Katsina governor. He said:

Six years ago I lost a dear friend and partner in democracy, peace and progress. President Umaru Musa Yar’adua was a servant leader and a stickler for the rule of law. He may be gone but he is never to be forgotten. I pray for his soul and for him to rest in al Jannah firdaus. GEJ.

Senate President Bukola Saraki also wrote on his Facebook page:

It is exactly six years ago since you bid us good bye but it is just like yesterday. Your selflessness, patriotism, integrity and legacies make your memory indelible in our hearts. We remember you now and always as a worthy family man, public servant, Governor and President. May the Almighty Allah continue to grant you peace till we meet to part no more.

1. Jpoui

May 5, 2016 at 10:39 am

RIP,but He was ungrateful to OBJ,someone that stood by him on the sick bed,only to come to power and appoint only people from the north to all major post.

• Jpouiwtsense

May 5, 2016 at 11:06 am

Chai, your ignorance is from which planet?.

2. nene+

May 5, 2016 at 11:09 am

I remembered during my Msc when I was told the then Nigeria president was dead, I remembered saying a little prayer asking God to please preserve a symbol of peace I found in this man Umaru Musa Yaradua. I recall that the news became false as you were still alive.

Your attitude was peaceful, upright, a man acknowledged the election that brought him was faulty, he went ahead to stop the storm at Niger Delta, Tompolo, Boyloaf etc and co gave him the benefit due to his sincerity, he didn’t betray them nor vow to treat them as criminals. I remembered you followed peace with all men, and I hope you have seen your creator?

A great man! A man of peace, a sincere and true democrat! A one Nigeria practitioner!

From East to West, North to South and Middle acknowledged that we had a great, humble leader in Yaradua. But death didn’t allow him, he died six years today and I wept as I glued to my TV in tears as I watched the family depart to bury a humble man who loved this nation and did his best for her.

I knew we Nigerians lost a great man!
    Continue to rest in peace beloved former president!!!!!

3. keke driver

May 5, 2016 at 12:44 pm

RIP He’d have been an excellent President!

4. @jpouiw

May 5, 2016 at 12:58 pm

What ignorance?when you pass away,your deed will be remembered,either good or bad,when the present administration continue on that path,of placing northerners to every major post,before Nigerians cried out,we know the president was only following a precedence set by him.#Wise one from moon take note.

5. Prince

May 5, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Keep resting in peace Mr. President. such a great loss.

6. Chinonye