Scoop

Happy 30th Birthday Amara Kanu! See the Stunning New Photos of Footballer Kanu Nwankwo’s Wife

Amara Kanu (8)

Amara Kanu, wife of football legend Kanu Nwankwo, is celebrating her 30th birthday today, Friday 27th of May and she has released some lovely new photos to mark the special day.

Shot by London-based Alero Marcel Photography, the gorgeous mum of three looks picture perfect in the photos with her radiant smile shining through.

With a degree in Architecture, Amara has worked for interior decor companies for high end London houses and even designed for London Marriott hotel.

She has come a long way from the 18 year old who married Kanu Nwankwo more than a decade ago. The couple will also be celebrating their 12th anniversary in a couple of weeks.

See more stunning photos of Amara below.

Amara Kanu (1) Amara Kanu (7) Amara Kanu (9) Amara Kanu (2) Amara Kanu (3) Amara Kanu (5) Amara Kanu (6) Amara Kanu (4)

1. Class

May 27, 2016 at 8:40 am

Gorgeous!!!!

• Jade

May 28, 2016 at 5:46 am

Hotness! This photos are fire. Happybirthday Amara. . She looks 30. Dont let the weave and heavy makeup deceive you. And women look more mature after child(ren). I feel sorry for bad belle people. Their lives must be miserable.

2. Ewa

May 27, 2016 at 8:46 am

Lovely pictures…

3. O~Intuition!

May 27, 2016 at 8:47 am

LOVELY!… Good Story.

4. ebo

May 27, 2016 at 8:53 am

Finally.
    Lo, Beyonce’s Formation inspired?
    Happy Birthday

5. Really 30?

May 27, 2016 at 8:53 am

Happy birthday…?looking older than Linda.Just 30 ?hmmmm .Nigerians can remove 10 years or more effortlessly.

• Queen

May 27, 2016 at 9:22 am

You are very silly! you have obviously shown you know nothing about this girl nor when she even got married and her wedding!! She is indeed 30!
      Not every one has the need to reduce their age, she especially who is living fulfilled

Have several seats!

• egghead

May 27, 2016 at 4:14 pm

BellaNaija something is wrong some where
      “she has come a long way from the 18 year old who married Kanu Nwankwo almost two decades ago. ”
      If x is 30 years in 2016 and x got married at 18
      How many years have X been married?
      SIMPLE >> 30 – 18 = 12
      how is 12 almost 2 decades?

• Adaora

May 27, 2016 at 9:26 am

@Really 30: She is a mother of 3! only one pregnancy is enough to age you let a lone 3??
      come on! get some sense

• Bleed Blue

May 27, 2016 at 9:28 am

Are we EVER going to stop this age police thing? Even when we have no firm basis for doubt?

Amara was in the same class as my cousin. I recall how shocked he was when he saw her wedding photos in magazines.
      My cousin turned 29 this year.
      So yes, she is very possibly 30 years old.

• Berry

May 27, 2016 at 10:10 am

All the likes that this comment garnered makes me feel the hate and ‘bad belleism’ that I left Nairaland for is now on BellaNaija.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

May 29, 2016 at 12:40 am

It’s just people who’re unhappy enough with life in general and can’t manage to see the good in anything.

Those people actually exist everywhere – Nairaland, BellaNaija, your office, on a bus home… Don’t let their presence faze you. ?

• Timi

May 27, 2016 at 12:30 pm

You are such an idiot. Just because that is something you will do or just because you look older than Linda (which I am sure you can’t show your face sef) does not mean everyone is. If you could put some of your brainpower to “good” use, you would easily find her information online

6. Yemisi

May 27, 2016 at 8:54 am

Gorgeous lady!

7. www.thelmathinks.com

May 27, 2016 at 8:58 am

She’s a breath of fresh air.

8. Jane

May 27, 2016 at 9:01 am

Happy birthday,long life in good health.But am sure this is your football age please.If you are thirty,then I will ten or still in womb.????

• Niola

May 27, 2016 at 9:31 am

Jane please come off it. This girl is 30 I vividly remember when she married him at 18. I so remember then. I was just wondering then how a girl so young could marry .now that I think back I think she was even 16. Guys it’s not fair to disclaim things all the time .We can disclaim kanu’s and we will all be okay with that. On another note my alero well done girl you one me a fabulous picture soon..

• True

May 27, 2016 at 11:32 am

Myself and Amara Nwankwo (nee Onyeador) were class mates back in Fggc lang. In plateau state before she change school and I also just turned 30 so stop ur beef.

• True

May 27, 2016 at 11:33 am

Changed#

• Corolla

May 27, 2016 at 1:56 pm

@Jane and all the other age police, una get sense so? Are you in possession of her original birth certificate? Please stop the bitchiness. It’s getting quite old. I pray you receive sense in Jesus name.

9. Jane

May 27, 2016 at 9:02 am

Will be ten

10. Jane

May 27, 2016 at 9:03 am

I will be ten.

• Uche

May 27, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Goat!!!!!

11. Sugar

May 27, 2016 at 9:04 am

Still slim and sexy. My mum told me if you have kids at a young age its easy to snap back and recover that banging body. I dont know how true it is but from Amarachi’s pictures am starting to believe its TRUE.
    This girl right here has 3 kids!

12. Yetu

May 27, 2016 at 9:08 am

Beautiful woman. Tasteful photos

13. LEM

May 27, 2016 at 9:13 am

Beauty and brains! I like the fact that she is not overexposed and she appears to be a pleasant person.

14. nene+

May 27, 2016 at 9:17 am

Happy 30th birthday Amarachi!
    You have grown even in marriage. I am also impressed that Kanu allowed his young wife the space to develop herself! Kudos and congrats to the couple!

15. Chum Chum

May 27, 2016 at 9:20 am

Happy Birthday Amara……… Could you please tell me one good reason you should liar about your age.

• nene+

May 27, 2016 at 9:39 am

Different strokes! I actually tot Amara is less than 28 cos just like yesterday she married Kanu at 18 ! As a matter of fact I was shocked she is already 30. She has no need to lie people. Why don’t we disbelieve Genevieve, Omotola and Stella Damascus who have teenagers and still in their 30s?
      Please the story of Amara is well known and it’s very possible!

• happy

May 27, 2016 at 9:45 am

“liar your age”….. please even if you are going to dispute her age, at least use good English. thank you.

• justdeywakapass

May 27, 2016 at 3:15 pm

you cannot even spell lie and you are asking someone to stop lying.

16. Oma

May 27, 2016 at 9:35 am

These age-police again after we read the story of this girl and many of you were the ones saying she married too early at 18! Now after 12 years of marriage she celebrates 30 years, and you are now saying she is lying, hian! is 18+12 no longer 30 ni?
    Those saying she looks older please put up your pictures and tell us your age let us judge. No need to even mention that this beautiful woman here has birthed 3 children and yet most 25 year olds cannot boast of a taut body like hers.

I am not Amara and i do not know her personally but i hate when people cannot just see good and celebrate it but must find something to humiliate the person featured. Say no to evils!

17. Maka how?

May 27, 2016 at 9:45 am

Happy birthday dear,but we all know this woman can’t be thirty now,maka how?

• Noname

May 27, 2016 at 10:01 am

Kanu cut him age na im she sef cut her own age. All these footballers and their wives do it. Congratulobia iya.

18. Oyinade

May 27, 2016 at 9:46 am

So, Bella Naija, 12 years of marriage equates almost two decades for you guys? I thought a decasde meant 10 years. Lol. Congrats Amara, you look lovely.

• sultana

May 27, 2016 at 10:18 am

lol! Noticed that too! Bn sha! just say over a decade to represent 12 years . two decades kwa?? 🙂

But people, we all remembered when she got married at 18 and some even complained she was too young. Haba, if you disbelieve any body’s age. please not her!

• Grace

May 27, 2016 at 11:00 am

Exactly my thoughts too o

• Mz Socially Awkward....

May 29, 2016 at 12:43 am

And to be honest, that error’s probably adding more fuel to this needless age debate…

19. Strit Kredibility

May 27, 2016 at 9:54 am

The people that would envy Amara as as follows;
    A – Those who are 30 and above and yet unmarried
    B – Those who are A above yet struggling to understand life
    C – Those who are A and B above and are not as beautiful or accomplished as she is
    D – Those who think Kanu didnt go to school and so shouldn’t have wealth and a fine wife
    E – Those who think her husband cant speak English while they have masters yet poor
    F – Those who refused to marry at 18 but now are 38 and pepper body has set in
    G – Those who think age must be detected through picture
    H – Those who use their life as a measuring tape to sew cloth for others
    H – Those who like to envy on impulse
    I – All of the above

• Strit Kredibility

May 27, 2016 at 10:30 am

Z – Those that get their alphabet mixed up.

• Amy

May 27, 2016 at 1:55 pm

funny u

• Bola

May 27, 2016 at 11:31 am

Why keep mentioning those who are unmarried ? What does that have to do with anything ? And you even mentioned it twice! Why do you think those who are married but maybe unhappy can’t hate on her? Why do you lot assume unmarried people have a problem with married people? You seriously need to work on your thinking , many of those defending her fall into the unmarried at whatever age category you listed. its such a none issue because even when single people’s birthdays are mentioned many here dispute their ages , so clearly it’s not about marriage.

• Strit Kredibility

May 27, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Aunty Bola,
      E ma binu o. I didn’t conduct a proper due diligence to make sure unmarried people are not improperly addressed. I want to take my error as an oversight. I would gladly submit myself for hours of unpaid community service work as a form of contrition and restitution. Aunty Bola, i can work under you if that is Ok. Aunty mi, Idariji ni mo toro

• Corolla

May 27, 2016 at 1:52 pm

@Bola, why are you asking this basic female questions? That she sat down and dissected categories of people supposedly hating on this girl, shows how basic her life is.

20. Maui

May 27, 2016 at 10:02 am

And what makes you so sure she is lying? This lady got married at the age of 18 and it was never a hidden fact as it was a widely covered wedding by the press. She is indeed 30 (& fab) and you can hug a transformer for all we care.

21. Nneoma

May 27, 2016 at 10:09 am

Birthday mates we are! Nice. Happy Birthday Amarachi. Happy birthday Nneoma. Happy birthday to everyone born on this day.

22. Noms

May 27, 2016 at 10:23 am

Happy 30th Mrs Papilo.
    All those doubting her age, stop comparing yourself with others. She started her life early when most of us were crushing on our seat mate.. dun beef. Be happy.

23. Abuja Bored Girl

May 27, 2016 at 10:26 am

Happy birthday gorgeous. I wish you a blissful life.
    memoirsofanabujaboredgirl.blogspot.com

24. yinka

May 27, 2016 at 11:10 am

She’s 30 and married at 18…… so how’s that 2 decades???

25. o

May 27, 2016 at 11:10 am

BN, how is 12 yrs of marriage almost 2 decades?… Na wa for una ooo. I don’t know why ppl are disputing her age. I remember vividly when she got married and all the noise around it: she’s too young, it was an arranged marriage, bla bla. It was open to the whole county that she was 18 then. I think for a woman of 30 with 3 kids, she sure looks good. I like that she has kept her private life private.

Happy birthday Amara. God bless you!

26. ijs

May 27, 2016 at 11:19 am

she looks 30 to me even younger, the female that are beefing should ask their bfs/ husbands/ finacee’s that are below 30 if they think shes hot. mshew

27. ruth

May 27, 2016 at 11:23 am

Yáll are so funny…

28. Sunshyne

May 27, 2016 at 11:48 am

This girl was so beautiful before. see what aging can cause.

29. Mercy I

May 27, 2016 at 12:07 pm

SHE IS AMAZINGLY STUNNING
    SHE IS GORGEOUSLY BEAUTIFUL
    SHE IS UNIQUELY CRAFTED BY GOD

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU QUEEN OF KANU NWANKWO’S HEART….CONTINUE TO AGE IN GRACE….EVERGREEN BEAUTY

30. Fabulicious

May 27, 2016 at 12:34 pm

The sad ones are out again ooo.They cannot believe that somebody this young has already been married for 12years with 3kids that are not just babies…Sorry ooo but she is 30 so start fixing your own life either financially,spiritually or otherwise.

31. Tunmi

May 27, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Gorgeousness ? ? ? ? ? what’s her Instagram account?

32. Sarah

May 27, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Don’t hate, just learn from her. She grasped a golden opportunity with both hands and has made the best of it. Happy 30th Amara. She had a wedding that was widely publicised, including her age then. She is definitely 30. Big kudos goes to her husband for supporting her by ensuring that she completed her university education and maintained a career despite her early marriage.

33. adyy

May 27, 2016 at 3:22 pm

12 yrs ago is NOT ALMOST Two decades ago. There’s nothing wrong in saying more than a decade ago. Goodness!!

**On a side note**.. Totally loving her drive, her consistency and her vision. Well done my love!

34. mary

May 27, 2016 at 3:32 pm

why is it that nobody ever disputes the age of men when their birthdays are published here on BN, why do women always have to be attacked, a few weeks ago, a certain celebrity photographer celebrated his 30th birthday in Abuja, it has the high and mighty in attendance, i don’t know the guy, i only heard about him through that article, but i noticed that no single person ever talked about the possibility of him reducing his age, even if a woman celebrates 40th, people would still claim she is 45, and most peeps will tell you that she went to school with their uncle and their uncle is 50, quite ridiculous. the heavy make ups, coupled with all these human hair that women wear makes them look older, not to talk of a young girl who has birthed 3 children. people need to chill please.

35. MamaD

May 27, 2016 at 4:00 pm

I still remember her in her wedding dress which had everyone around me talking as her boobs were almost spilling out and why the church allowed her ± her hubby and best man in braided hair. I was 17 and kept wondering what an 18 yr old knows about marriage. She was and still beautiful. Happy birthday @amarakanu
    Her snap back is MAD. Talk about benefits of having kids early + dieting and walking out. Child bearing is not beans. I had my 2nd child 7 months ago and body just dey look me like zombie.

36. Naijatalk

May 27, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Abia girls are gorgeous anyday. #Southeast beauty

37. Lauryn

May 27, 2016 at 4:41 pm

It’s so good to have your kids early. Her body is banging.

38. queenbee

May 27, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Stunning girl. Love that dress. Love her shape

39. Ayo

May 27, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Married almost two decades ago and celebrating their 12th wedding anniversary ….. haba, Bella Naija!

• bunmiamara

May 27, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Google is your friend!

40. Cece

May 27, 2016 at 9:50 pm

She got married in 2004. Saw it in City People and remember the article mentioned that her aunty Stella Onyeador introduced them or something like that.

Happy Birthday Amarachi and stay true to you!

41. Wetin

May 28, 2016 at 3:51 am

Wetin happen to her bobby. They used to be gigantic now I no even dey see demand again.

42. Fashionista