Features

William Ifeanyi Moore: LOVE – Real or Mirage? | Watch Episode 1 of Tracy & William’s VLog

dreamstime_l_40213423L-O-V-E, for these four letters, poets, writers and painters alike have committed some of their best efforts. Wars have been waged, and we continue to leave the cinema with teary eyes. But when asked what it actually is, it becomes rather elusive to pin down.

Some regard it as an instinctive emotion completely out of our control, without condition or explanation. It just happens. Some say it is a choice, a choice we would have to make everyday to be with someone. Some say it is nothing but a chemical reaction in our brains causing us a rather unhealthy obsession sprung from infatuation. I say it is whatever you want it to be, hence it is nothing but an illusion we create for ourselves to live in.

I remain a supporter of practical compatibility being the major requirement for healthy relationship, balanced with personal principles to govern things like fidelity.

Tracy, on the other hand, is a believer that there is more to love than it being whatever we believe it to be. She believes it is a real thing and it is a strong requirement for your relationship to thrive and prosper.

Even if I were to agree with Tracy that love exists, and it is a real thing, we would then have to ask if it is with or without conditions. Tracy, staying true to her faith, is of the opinion that love is without condition. As you can guess, being the cynical skeptic, I find love riddled with conditions; in other words, love can fade or die (or does it get disqualified as being love if that can happen?)

Love is sure a complicated topic full of all the usual confusion encountered when trying to explain aspects of the human condition that lie outside reason and rationality. This happens mainly because when it comes to love, much like God, no one really knows what they are talking about (myself included) as they can only say what love means to them. Either way, it is a subject that we must still discuss and I hope you guys enjoy the video.

Feel free to share your opinions in the comment section…like you guys require my permission 🙂 And if the fuel price hasn’t affected your data use, do watch the video.

William Ifeanyi Moore is an MPharm graduate from the University of Portsmouth, UK. His true passion is in novels and poetry but he cheats on them with movies, plays, and music. He believes sacrifice and compromise is the bedrock of any healthy relationship. His debut novel Lonely Roads is out on 10/12/2015. Blog: www.soulsyrup.space Twitter: @willifmoore Instagram: willifmoore

1. Ifunanya

June 1, 2016 at 7:10 pm

“practical compatibility being the major requirement for healthy relationship, balanced with personal principles to govern things like fidelity.” The older i get the more i agree with this.
    I used to be all dewy-eyed, with a strong belief in soulmates and true love, but not so much any more…or maybe it is not just for everyone, because in all my 31 years of existence i have not felt for another that ‘i cannot live without you’ kind of feeling that love has been touted to be.

2. Strit Kredibility

June 1, 2016 at 7:35 pm

i wanted to ask what happened to Ifeanyi Moore as it seem you had become more of Ifeanyi Less when your articles suddenly became amiss on BN. I didn’t want to believe BN women had successfully heckled you into a forced hiatus as you appear to always rile them with your take on feminine matters but here you are. This one did not cut it for me at all, you look and sounded jaded and unprepared. Ifeanyi i dont want to believe all the while you wrote on BN you did it under influence. Common you can do better. The sound was below par, hollow and reverberating like you were in an empty warehouse. I understand you wanted to be in high spirit and put out scarce knowledge but too much frolicking took away my the interest and my data didnt seem too keen to want to expend much on this. You can get away with being casual and breezy while writing but when you come on set, my guy turn up. You didn’t turn up rara. I hope BN women will cut you some slack on this one. And that geh, no comment.

3. Abuja Bored Girl

June 1, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Tracy pls next time do not show us your laps. Thank you.

4. Mayor

June 2, 2016 at 8:17 am

I agree with you 100%.

5. urbanGirl

June 2, 2016 at 8:28 am

For what it’s worth love is mostly what we force our hearts to believe is there… If it’s love it’s endless but if it fades it’s not love…. Most of the time we tend to mix love with like and lust.. I don’t even believe in love.. Love at first sight.. Tingling sensation hahaha (crap) maybe cos i lost it or haven’t felt it lool hardcore.. And btw bro i agree could have worked on the echoes had to strain my ears to listen… ,

• Orsuelah

June 3, 2016 at 12:18 am

depressed, much?

6. Orsuelah

June 3, 2016 at 12:17 am

I think the sooner we stop giving love definitions, the better. We started getting it wrong from the Romeo and Juliet story. We gave love rules and a manual; how to love, how to know you are in love, how to know if he/she loves you back, what to do when in love, etc. I agree more with the practical aspect. The butterfly effect is not a standard for love. Frankly, i even think a person can get the butterfly feeling for at least five people within the same period of time. It doesn’t guarantee compatibility….*drops mic…sorry pen*

P.S: William, revel in this moment… It will be the ONLY time we agree on something