BN TV

“I have barely scratched the surface, a lot is riding on my Shoulders” Ace Designer Ejiro Amos Tafiri Speaks to Labo Daniel on a New Episode of ‘Conversations with Labo’

BN TV

Conversation-with-Labo-Daniel-Ejiro-Amos-Tafiri-August-2016-BelllaNaija

On a new episode of ‘Conversations with Labo’, the Show Host Labo Daniel ‎had an inspiring conversation with one of Nigeria’s renowned fashion designers, Ejiro Amos Tafiri who talked about her education in Yaba College of Technology , starting up as a newcomer and becoming a game changer in the fashion industry.

She also talked about how she’s been able to make it to the top, coming from an average family and why she’s so successful in what she does now.

“I know how to make fine things, that’s just how my brain is wired, I need(ed) to understand how people choose fine things, so I was deliberate about interning at the best. I went to Tiffany Amber because she’s playing on the world stage….working on collections that were going to New York Fashion week runway. …South Africa, Kenya.”

On her big break, she talks of her showcase at Le Petit Marche, a pop up shop for young designers,

“I came guns blazing, the next time I came. I noticed people were not doing a lot of branding or presentation and being a YabaTech and Queen’s College student, we were told presentation is key, so I went with this big plasma screen, I had a model, carefully bought my rack, bought silver shining hangers…that day all the stylists knew who I was, everyone came to my stand, I had beautiful business cards, I printed out my look books, it was on my table, (and also) scrolling through the screens. I came with a couple of friends, everyone was attended to at the same time, I tapped in well”.

She ends with what drives her, and what is next….

“I have barely scratched the surface. A lot is riding on my shoulders. Now people look up to me, now my name is a household name in YabaTech, we graduated as 5 in my class, now they have 500, 1,000 students registering. Now YabaTech has that exposure because everyone says Ejiro went to Yaba-tech and she says the curriculum is good and she’s succeeded.”

Watch it here:

1. Truth Teller

August 17, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Inspiring right?

If I talk about how much fear, trepidation and sleepless nights she metes out to her employees now, BN will not post it.

But we understand, we can never speak the truth about the “cool crowd”.

• Jade Edo babe

August 17, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Well, top quality success is not for the weak and people who complain. You think people who work for successful are enjoying, they work their ass off.
      As long as she pays them and there’s no abuse.

• Kola

August 17, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Oh the abuse is there for sure! Very very there!

2. BA

August 17, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I really like that her success and work ethic is creating a good name for Yaba tech and inspiring people to study the same course. GOALS!

3. Radiant

August 17, 2016 at 12:32 pm

I enjoyed this conversation. Thank you, Labo and well done, Ejiro.

4. Call Me Gorgeous...

August 17, 2016 at 12:56 pm

QCOG please stand up!
    We keep passing on the torch…
    🙂

• Red

August 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Yessssssss!!!!! Still BRIGHTLY gleaming!!!???

5. Teete

August 17, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Ejiro, you grew from scratch to the top. I am so proud of you for all the tenacity and hardwork.
    Labo, you have to share the secret on how you get out all this scoop from our celebrites week in week out All other interviews are always echoing the same questions. When is your next collection out? How did you start? What school did you go too? The most annoying one, tell me about yourself. Peeps, the informaton is all over the internet we the viewers already know sef. Be innovative and creative.

6. .....just saying

August 17, 2016 at 1:47 pm

When is the next presidential chat? I think this chic will be able to get Mr President to talk on issues with her style more than we’ve seen of late.

7. Moi

August 17, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Note to all those ladies that will go to pop up stores and be chewing gum and not be nice to customers. That was where EAT got her breakthrough. As an aside, I really enjoyed this. Host, Creator, Producer, Executive Producer well done. #superwoman

8. OA

August 17, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Alero of Hallero also went to YabaTech. She’s quite good too.

9. Corolla

August 17, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Repping for QC. Good job Ejiro.

10. Bee

August 17, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Well done Labo. So proud of you

11. Noms

August 17, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Ejiro, you are such an inspiration. I remembered you yellow dress you displayed at an event in Eko hotel some years back. My friend and I were students in a fashion school then and we got free passes to the event. We told you about somethings we thought you should have done on the dress and you listened without qualms. I pray to make an impact in the fashion industry too and soon.
    Well done

12. vincent

August 17, 2016 at 3:27 pm

I actually watched it!! Lol… not feed on comments. Inspiring!!!!

13. lacey

August 17, 2016 at 10:28 pm

This is so inspiring! I am currently at that place where I want to do things for myself!Go girl!
    Always dream big!It is where you see yourself that God takes you !

14. sheke

August 18, 2016 at 5:03 am

The most inspirational interview I’ve seen on a Nigerian designer. Thank you Ejiro.

15. Tosin

August 20, 2016 at 3:30 am

good stuff, really worth watching. and the interviewer is really good at this.