News

Wicked Stepmother Allegedly Tortures 7-year-old to Death in Kaduna

Zainab4

The deceased

The Police in Kaduna State has begun investigation into the case of a woman who allegedly tortured her 7-year-old step daughter, Zainab to death, Zuma Times reports.

Details of the report are still sketchy, but Zuma Times stated that the suspect was arrested after the doctor found signs of prolonged torture on the child, along with recent injuries on her buttocks.

Zainab

The suspect said the child suffered seizures which made them rush her to the hospital, but the doctor, sensing incoherence in the suspect’s statement, invited the police.

Unfortunately, the child did not make it this time.

Cuts, bruises, and scars from burns and scald were seen on the deceased.

The report stated that suspect has been detained and is being interrogated at the Criminal Investigation Department of the Command.

Zainab3

Photo Credit: Zuma Times Hausa

1. NKOII

August 30, 2016 at 4:02 pm

This is completely heartbreaking!!
    Statistically, this is more prevalent in the North.
    Is it safe to say that Polygamy is not really playing out the way that it should be practiced over there?
    most of the fathers are unable to fend for their families. the mothers getting jealous and taking it out on their ‘mates’ children….
    This has to stop!! Putting children’s lives at risk.
    I don’t get it!!

God help us!!

2. John

August 30, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Nigerian Women!! Kai!!!

3. *rme

August 30, 2016 at 5:45 pm

I don’t want to detract from this story but BN when did this posting of uncensored dead people start? Pls, don’t sink this low. I beg you in the name of God. Biko. Like I’m really begging.
    It’s insensitive to the dead and their family. Please. I understand the need for traffic but there’re better ways. Biko.

4. tunmi

August 30, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Wow, we need a massive re-education asap for all, the parents, the kids, the neighbors.

5. Engoz

August 30, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Jesus Christ!!!! The wicked stepmother should be shot dead, no questions asked. The father should be jailed as well for gross irresponsibility and child endangerment. This was not an abrupt killing. This was a systematic, prolonged attack on this little girl. Where was her biological father aka ‘head of the house’ when the witch he married was inflicting harm on his child? Are you men only head of the house when it comes to cooking matters? The ideology of leaving your child’s welfare in the hands of any idiotic female your penis rises up because by patriarchal standards ‘men don’t look after kids’ needs to be gotten rid of. For every wicked stepmother, there is a father who has failed his child.

6. Pamela

August 30, 2016 at 9:03 pm

I really dont get how an adult will hit a child to the point of leaving scars on the child’s body, haba! My cousin flogs her girl so much she has scars on her body. I noticed the scars the first time i went to the house and pressured the girl till she confessed it was from the beating she’s been recieving from my cousin. One day the girl lied about her assignment (for fear of what my cousin will do if she knew the truth), u can see the girl is terrified by my her ‘aunty’. She flogged this girl till she started bleeding! I shed tears that day. Been thinkin of the best way to approach my cousin about her method of correction or ‘showing anger’ cos thats more like it. Its just inhuman abeg. Look at this 7 year old baby now. Lord have mercy!

• Uberhaute looks

August 30, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Pamela, you are still looking? Plus report her to your family members since we don’t really have a serious social welfare system.
      Is it by force to marry, be polygamous and have kids?
      It scares me to open news these days… I’m always terrified of what I’ll find!

7. Uberhaute looks

August 30, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Pls*

8. Mary

August 31, 2016 at 3:39 pm

What kind of wickedness is this?
    Please were was the mother and father of this girl when she was been tortured?
    Of recent we all have been hearing of such stories, I think its high time parents start keeping a close eye on their children.

I pray she gets justice.

9. Debbie Simi

August 31, 2016 at 9:44 pm

This pictures got me to tears.. ….she needs to remaim in prison for her life time