Relationships

Lady finds out her Fiancé of 3 years, Taiwo Married someone else after She “Gave Him Everything he Wanted” | TwitterNG Reacts

Miriam-Taiwo

A Twitter user Miriam Shehu told a story of her heartbreak this morning.

She talked about how she paid her fiance of 3 years’ MSc fees and  almost quit her practice for him only to discover that he got married this past weekend through Instagram.

Here’s what she said:

Miriam-Shalom-Shehu-Taiwo

Since she tweeted these, TwitterNG has reacted with many taking her side, some on Taiwo’s side while others have called her out for telling a fake story.

Here are some reactions on Twitter:

Dipo Awojide‘s – OgbeniDipo view:Dipo-Awojide-Taiwo-New

OAP Osi Suave’s View:

Osi-Tweets-Taiwo

Japheth Omojuwa‘s view:

Japheth-Omojuwa-Taiwo-3

Some other reactions:

Fola Folayan steffie cray taiwo steffie cray Onuoha Dave Femi Lee Adegbiji

The Lady in question’s account has since been deleted:

Miriam-Shehu-Taiwo-BellaNaija-0018

1. Bodunade

September 21, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Why is this news? Women do this to men everyday.

She will live.

Never put your joy or pour your life into anybody else’s. Disappointment has a name, it’s called heartbreak.

• Anonymous

September 21, 2016 at 1:13 pm

If you don’t do this your stupid thing you won’t breathe. When articles like women maltreating nannies come up, do you see women being defensive that men maltreat women too? You’re very insensitive and you keep looking for avenues to make the plight of women seem unnecessary, which is shocking to see men do when they have no idea what it’s like to be a woman in Nigeria. When the article about the Kenyan man that mutilated his wife for infertility, why didn’t you comment. It’s to come and bash women for dating and marriage that you know.. You and Mr Egghead swear your “logical sexism” makes sense because of the women that support your rubbish.

• LemmeRant

September 21, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Which one is plight of women in this matter now?

Woman paid for masters out of the generosity of her heart. As a christian you are meant to give without expecting anything in return. (lol) Shebi you too you’ve seen how e dey pain person.

When women collect money from guys and still say the guy is entiltled when he makes demands nko? Please tell me. Is this woman not feeling entitled.

In which book of the law is it written I pay for your M.Sc you marry me? Tell me oh I’m waiting.

I you have money to give. Give out of the willingness of your heart. Don’t give and start feeling entitled as if the guy owes you his life. Isn’t this what you preach?

• Nancy gurl

September 21, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Lmao!!!!
      I was about to say the same at Bodunade.
      Just last week. A man was suicidal, he paid for her university. Paid for masters ABROAD. Paid for her siblings school fees, five of them and started business for the mother.
      Girl got married to a former classmate secretly, she is six months in.
      It happens both ways.

• FasholasLover

September 21, 2016 at 1:28 pm

This is bad investment. Choi. Who does that? Pay school fees in sterling jhoin? You came across to him as an ATM. That was desperate of you. Where did you keep your spectacles that made it impossible for you to see that you were being used?
      May strength to go thru this locate you woman.

• Naijatalk

September 21, 2016 at 8:15 pm

I hope it was not Nigeria’s money (stolen wealth) you used to pay for his masters because I don’t understand the brand of mumurity that made you do such. How old are you and when did you become self made to pay for someone’s masters. The guy must have been collecting his own share of the national cake.

• Yeyeperry

September 21, 2016 at 2:20 pm

The fact that this s*** happens everyday doesn’t validate it. It’s not right!

• Marlvina

September 21, 2016 at 3:50 pm

What?? Now I’m forced to search on IG for any “Taiwo” who got married last weekend!
      But wow! If this story is true, I feel sorry for the lady. It’s really painful. I pray God grants her the grace to move on. No need laying curses on Him my dear. Hand him over to God instead. Leave vengeance to God.

• ODUNAYO

September 21, 2016 at 9:00 pm

THANK YOU!!!!! I don’t understand how people crucify people for other people’s actions!! I get it that women take money from men and don’t end up marrying them, but this is different!! This particular lady is not related to “those” ladies that have duped men. Even if she is somehow related to some of the so called ladies, she didn’t do it. Someone else did this to her!!! It’s all fun and games until it happen to you. Even if she didn’t give him money, she put her time, effort, heart and body into that relationship only to be cheated on and left behind.

• ATL's finest

September 21, 2016 at 3:50 pm

@ Bodunade did u seriously type that out??? Anyways Sorry for this Lady & karma is always gonna be a B***tch. Look at Brad Pitt & Angie today, look who’s laughing last?? Jennifer. Why this chick went far to pay for MS.c I don’t know but I can’t judge cuz I wasn’t there. But see ehn I pray God gives this lady the strength to move on, see back, relax & watch how God is going to handle him. U never can tell he problems he will encounter in his new home. Even his parents support it too smh. #CATFISH# is still in vogue.

• john

September 21, 2016 at 4:07 pm

pls. all this karma rubbish should stop ..white people divorce anyhow even jennifer marriage wont last. tomorrow she will divorce. would you still yell karma.

• LemmeRant

September 21, 2016 at 5:40 pm

@Bodunade

Thank you o. Things become news when women are on the receiving end.

Do we need to count the number of guys that have sponsored women. Paid for gbogbo e gbogbo e only for marriage time to come and you start hearing different things.

Infact, how did the word “maga” come to be? Who created the word “Maga” and who uses it on who.

Abeg you’ve been scammed. Carry on and move on life goes on.
      Go and find kehinde.

• Anonymous

September 21, 2016 at 8:33 pm

please be reasonable. How many men wake up and find out that their girlfriends got married without having the decency to break up with them. You people will miss the point to justify any rubbish. Last time I checked, no one brought up gender until you and Bodundade came with your rubbish defensive stance. If a woman did this to a woman, she’d have gotten the insults of her life. Nigerian women are even harsher on their fellow women than they are on the men

2. shior

September 21, 2016 at 1:03 pm

am sure his name is PAUL ADEYEMO…………………….. HEHE i joke i joke. but damn! that must cut deep

3. Nnenna

September 21, 2016 at 1:03 pm

This is just sad (if it’s a true story). Somebody wants to do MSc and can’t pay for it themselves??!!! Better sit down and get a job. Who long engagement epp sef??? Aunty, take heart. You will be alright.

• ATL's finest

September 21, 2016 at 3:52 pm

@ Nnenna Thank u jare. Who did long engagement EPP??? 3yrs hmm

4. Spunky

September 21, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Is this real? Too personal to be put out there. Three years and no sign? Haba! You will be fine…

• Kems

September 21, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Seems very real. Some women go on a rampage when boyfriend dumps them not to talk of fiancé marrying someone else. Like I cannot imagine what is going on in her head.

Plus if truely they were engaged and that mean she he has met with her parents, the kind of curse her mother will release on him. How disrespectful

5. Bodunade

September 21, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I don’t put faith in people because it makes no sense. This Love fantasy aka emotional UFO we keep chasing is going to be the end of us.

Never give more than you can afford to lose emotionally. I feel really sorry for her.

• Olivia

September 21, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Bodunade, no you do not feel sorry for her!

Or aren’t you the same coon that flippantly typed the first comment? Abi you have multiple personality disorder?

Your ish is never pure anyway so whatever. Bye!

6. BlacknShine

September 21, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Ladies! Let’s not be hypocrites please.. everyday women are leaving men that have invested heavily in their lives and marrying others. But we dont see those men crying all over twitter… Biko!

Dear women, if every man that you chopped money from and disappointed should decide to swear for you, what would be your fate right now?

I sympathise with the heartbroken lady but the public exposure and swearing is so uncalled for… Don’t be bitter my dear. God bless!

• PickMe

September 21, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Please the point is that he didn’t at least have the decency to call off the relationship first. Stories like this definitely deter women from being with men that are struggling and you can’t blame them. If you compare stats, how often do women do it? Okay, let it happen to you so you can show us how maturely you can handle it, as we are all hypocrites now

• ud

September 21, 2016 at 5:04 pm

I don’t think any woman/girl in this comment section said it was okay if a woman did it a man. This is just one woman expressing her hurt over a very painful heartbreak. She has a right to feel how she feels and to express it on social media.
      Personally, I’m against using social media as a diary but for better or for worse, people use social media as their diaries,
      This is not a battle of the sexes.

September 22, 2016 at 3:02 am

BlacknShine but two wrongs don’t make a right. Why make it a men versus women issue?

It’s shameful to find an excuse to deflect from acknowledging that something is wrong regardless of who did the wrong act, be it man , woman or UFO. The only difference is that she has chosen to vent publicly. Better than committing suicide. Be sensitive or move on.

What’s wrong is wrong. All those justifying it using gender are just disappointing.

7. EbonyFre

September 21, 2016 at 1:13 pm

This Dr. Dipo Awojide is dumb and insensitive tough.
    How do you verify that she is lying? Like these things don’t happen.
    So dumb. No one said a man can’t/shouldn’t marry who he loves and wants.
    Obviously missing the point.
    Why did he propose to the other one and have her believe all was well for 3 years, ask her to leave her life and career behind while he is making plans with someone else, still call her when he is making wedding plans to someone else and profess love, and didn’t have the decency to say he wasn’t interested again. Bullshit.
    Of course, she will move on, but she’s human, and for now, she’s hurting.
    Dumbass Dipo Awojide.
    I can’t even deal with how some people reason.
    With social media, everything is a joke nowadays.
    “Learn the lessons and move on”? Really? Such a disguh, lol.
    Above comment is if what she said is true. And if it isn’t, since you cannot verify, just ignore!
    Because these things really happen, and chances are that is the mentality and opinion you’ll still have if it’s the real deal
    I can’t believe people like Fola Folayan are missing the point. When did we get so dumb?
    He can leave and be married to someone else, but should have the decency to call it off with the other person and not allow her find out through social media. This person was your friend/lover!

• Ayo

October 2, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Mariam was engaged to Taiwo for abt a year not 3 years, She was Obviously Dumb to Pay for his fees or bills for dat matter it’s called DESPERATION to get Married ( Marriage is not by force Ladies, stop being desperate to Low lives) If you don’t get married at 30 it will still happen OK. Ladies Don’t think you can Sleep around with Sugar Daddies for money and then Look for one dude and force marriage on him, heard of NEMESIS?
      Guys Guys Guys!!! This is 2016 please go Get A JOB and Stop living off women especially Lonely Married or Single Women! Guys its So much Better to Pay your Own BILLS yourself and quit being LAZY!! Living off a Woman Shows ur Weak, Lazy and FAKE especially Abuja and Lekki Guys!
      Finally Ladies Not every Guy With a Big D–k is Actually ready for Marriage! Most Guys in 2016 are not keen on marriage so be Careful!! Note There are no Perfect Men or WOMEN Anywhere just Hope for the Best and expect the Worse! If After 6 months He Hasn’t introduced u to Any Real FAMILY members or introduced u to his mum, father, uncle or Auntie my Dear count ur Losses and move on.

8. Bey

September 21, 2016 at 1:13 pm

looks fake to me.
    They say its d same lady dat came up with d gist Zahra Buhari made dem shove customers out of a shop in Abj.
    if its true, stop following Yoruba demons as u call them. he’s probably married a kemi,Bukky or Lolade. Go for Muhammad, Abu or Suleiman.

9. Kathy

September 21, 2016 at 1:14 pm

If this is true, I can only imagine what the lady is passing through, because I was in the same shoes May this year, the only difference was that i didn’t pay for his schooling. It is a Very difficult situation and it will only take the grace of God to Overcome. The bottom line is let go and move on Someone better and deserving will come along sooner..

10. Shalom shalom

September 21, 2016 at 1:16 pm

I don’t even know why the woman bothered putting out this personal situation because people will still blame her. Maybe she’s a rich spoiled kid, maybe she wasn’t submissive enough, or maybe she was giving him too much sex (meanwhile ask the average Virgin in Nigeria what her marriage turned out like) If she left him for being broke or not advanced though, they’d have called her a gold digger

11. mz_danielz

September 21, 2016 at 1:21 pm

A man that allows you spend that much on him has a problem.

In the man woman dynamics, men get their validation from giving and building the woman when the woman takes over that role, the man feels less and subconsciously seeks out another but we no go hear.

• AISHA

September 21, 2016 at 1:54 pm

@ mz_danielz, WORD!!!

• Anonymous

September 21, 2016 at 2:12 pm

If your husband is broke, you won’t support him so he won’t seek out another? The rich ones that cheat on their wives nko? It’s always the woman’s fault somehow. Nigerian relationship and marriage rules get stranger and less Godly everyday

*ps I can’t see my comments to correct typos because of the Etisalat ad that won’t let me see what I’m typing

12. shior

September 21, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Taiwo akinkumi………………. is his name apparently……………oya where my investigators haha am on a roll today

• NoMoniker

September 21, 2016 at 3:06 pm

I didn’t see where she said Taiwo Akinkumi… Was that not the man who designed naija flag? Lol

• Marlvina

September 21, 2016 at 3:59 pm

LOL! Naija flag? The Taiwo guy who designed the naija flag is presently 80yrs old and can’t possibly be getting married now.

• Chi baby

September 21, 2016 at 11:00 pm

I love you and your comment so much ???????????

• Thatgidigirl

September 21, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Lmao!!!! Awon gestapo….BN peeps can bring someone’s leg out sha. Oya over to you google ??????

13. Anon

September 21, 2016 at 1:31 pm

“Fiance of 3 years.” That’s a long time to be a fiancée.

“Gave him everything he wanted.” Really? Everything? Obviously not.

Another gigolo who just scammed a rich girl. I hope it was her money and she didn’t take a loan to pay for his Masters.

Nne, ndo biko. Ka Chukwu me na ya ebere. He needs it.

14. Kems

September 21, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Hai God. This is why we women should be careful of. Spending anyhow on him. Wait now his new wife what does she have to say about all this.

Madam you are married to a F boy not a man

15. vikky

September 21, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Don’t worry. The God of Jennifer Anniston is your refuge. Ndo!

16. Tai omo yoruba nimi

September 21, 2016 at 2:14 pm

*clapping my hands at vikky ,ewo tun ni God of Jennifer Aniston ?? i swear that just tickled my funny bones ..ahn ahn too funny yo but back to the matter at Hand ,hnmm aye koto aye akamara ,theres nothing New under the sun but if this story is true then he deserves all the curses meted out to him and likwise ladies that pull this evil stunts. It is heartbreaking ,evil ,callous and unfair haba! Human Beings should fear God

17. big mouth

September 21, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Hahaha , @ God of Jennifer Aniston!

18. NoMoniker

September 21, 2016 at 2:43 pm

That Shalom account is fake. Same account that was accusing Zarah of walking her out of a boutique to shop. I suspect that a man is behind that account. @ Dipo Awojide married man with children that was still toasting girls upandan even after he got married. That is why he has mouth. Karma is real.

Back to the story. Even if I doubt the authenticity of the account, I know these things happen everyday. I have been through this experience and I DON’T feel sorry for anyone who has (including myself). Between both sexes, there are good, evil and naive people. Which ever position you find yourself in is your responsibility.

19. Ada

September 21, 2016 at 2:46 pm

yeah too bad im stuck with one. The best thing is to take care of yourself honestly or else you’ll look older than your age. I wonder why he would allow u spend so much on him though. You sef wasn’t it obvious he was using you?? duh!. I mean don’t get me wrong o, its ok to help a guy especially an ambitious guy be it married or boyfriend, but once you notice he is feasting on your hard-work and success, boo boo look to the left whether you are married or not.

20. BlueEyed

September 21, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Of course he had to be a Yoruba dude, only them lead this kind of reputation.

21. Jo

September 21, 2016 at 3:05 pm

But we hear stories here in Nigeria of men sponsoring the education of their girlfriends’ though school only for the girlfriends to end up dumping them after for someone else. Such stories don’t make the news.

22. Delta geh

September 21, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Boyfriend is not husband. Fiance is not husband. The day ladies recognise this is the day they’ll become free.
    To be honest, I don’t really have much sympathy for her. This should be a lesson for ladies who put their all into something that’s outside of marriage. How can you pay for MSc??? in pounds again! I never buy plenty gifts for my parents finish I go con pay for fiance’s MSc. Shior

• Mystique

September 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Husbands can do worse so? There are men out there living off their wives, driving the women’s cars and carrying their girlfriends. It’s an unfortunate situation that could happen to anyone. Escaping it as Fiancee/boyfriend doesn’t mean you can’t meet it in marriage. In my opinion, men of this generation have lost their values. Most of them actually do not mind living off/using their spouses.

23. Bey

September 21, 2016 at 3:15 pm

A man that ask me for money is a real red flag to me. Infact its a huge deal breaker for me.
    Don’t know why women don’t see it.
    When u start giving him money from dating, dat trend gonna keep play out thru ur whole marriage.

• John

September 21, 2016 at 3:34 pm

But if it’s you asking, there’s no problem. If he refuses to give, he’s stingy.

• LemmeRant

September 21, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Just leave them.

They wee still open mouth and say that men and women are equal o

24. Truth is

September 21, 2016 at 3:42 pm

In as much as i dont spport what the guy did, i have to state the following:

1. Ladies, never ask a guy for money; Guys never ask a girl for money, till you are married.
    You can borrow, lend, loan but never ask to give.

2. Ladies are the culprits here. They are the ones involved more in this business. Collecting money, gift and all from a man they know they will neither marry nor date.

I have text, sms, bbm, whatsapp of ladies begging me for money. Some, the following day they met you, as if they would have died if they didn’t meet you the previous day. Imagine even this one i met in Abuja here last Saturday that their driver brought, was asking for money same day as if her parents never did anything for her in her entire life.

3. Men are not your parents, poverty does not kill. Pass thru the poverty stage. If poverty ends up killing you, don’t worry try and make heaven, after all Lazarus made heaven.

4. No be today men they spend on girls like no tomorrow. Men have invested in the lives of girls that if the money sown in to their lives were concentrated on a building, they would ave completed many duplexes.

6. I doubt the story. Girls can do anything these days for fame, attention or to even get a suitor/husband

25. kelendra

September 21, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Women do this everyday to men and no one talks of it. I wonder why this is news. Anyway, Yoruba men are not to be trusted. they are just worthless. Lady, sorry for your loss. I hope u wisen up and stay away from men for good

26. Adviser

September 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm

when i said Linda Ikeji should marry a financially set man yesterday, some people were abusing me. The day after, here’s a story. If both of them were equally financially yoked, all we would have heard is he married someone else behind her back and no one would pay attention. Me, it is an advice i give every single female i come across. NEVER be with a man you are not financially equally yoked with. It’s simple common sense.

The minimum is 5% – 10% less such that the difference isn’t enough to sponsor his ambitions or lifestyle on your own account. Count those coins baby girl. Any less then you had better learn to keep your emotions separate from your wallet because………. Some people do it and the man comes up and takes over but they are most of the time in the MINORITY!!!!!! You become his ATM. He uses you to step up and goes on to marry someone else. A man who is 5 – 10% higher than you will very very very very likely NOT be using his income to fund your ambitions or lifestyle because he knows you should be able to fund it yourself, so apply that logic in reverse. I swear, thinking like a man saves you from so much ish

Feminists you guys should swerve away from my comment. It applies to men too by the way. Unless it is in your nature to give and give and won’t mind if she dumps you for a richer man, you can be with a woman you are doing better than, if you know you can easily count your losses and move on. If you can’t omo guy find YA LEVEL and don’t be with a woman who would leach you dry.

Because the onus on marriage is more from the man as they are the one who propose, they are the ones you the woman changes your name for and bears children with his name, the odds are not stacked in your favour, so borrow yourself brain before you align yourself with a man who can take everything from you and walk away. The woman he married is very very likely another well to do woman, or whose father is rich, as men like that have a modus operandi. So Sister, clean your face, he has gone on to do the same to another woman. she is the one you should pity, because years from now she’ll have her own story to tell. You too, you over do. Which kind love pays for a man’s masters!!!! Even if you have masters too, i am guessing your sweat or your parents paid for it. So, you gave all that to a man who wasn’t there when your parents started hustling or you started hustling. Receive sense biko. You paid for an investment in someone that has only his name on it. Ladies you see ehn, read my epistle. If you want to pay for anything for a man, it had better be something YOU can benefit from too, so if he wants to walk away you have a share. Anything outside that, WALK AWAY QUICKLY!!!! Can Kingston (yeye school sef, shows his lvel of intelligence if that’s what he could get into – that should have been her cue to not pour water into an empty basket), refund her now with interest??? Love with your head and heart. Even blood relatives betray you, not to talk of someone you have no ties with

27. Correction

September 21, 2016 at 4:58 pm

5. Guys know desperate girls when they see them. You cannot buy love or commitment. Dont sow into the life of someone who doesn’t want you. There is no way she wouldn’t have seen the signs that the guy wasn’t into her (that is if it is true at all)”” I don’t agree with this point, if a guys know a lady is desperate he is better off leaving her, without exploiting her desperation.

• Truth is

September 21, 2016 at 5:35 pm

If you see a mad person, will you go and fight him?

If somebody is mad, best bet is for you to run away and dont let him tear you apart cos 90% certain that the lunatic will rip you into pieces

you get it now?

• Correction

September 22, 2016 at 8:45 am

No I don’t get it, a mad is a mad man, he is not pretending to be mad. So that is a different situation. In this case trust was betrayed by one who was supposed to love and cherish the other.

28. Me

September 21, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Mariam Shehu, if you knew your boyfriend will not marry you in the long run, would you have invested your time and money on him? Be honest. Yes you feel hurt but time and time women have been warned to stop playing wives and mothers to their boyfriends, would they listen? God is trying to tell you something, This too shall pass.

29. God's God

September 21, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Men only do what you allow them to do to you. I know of a lady who was with a man for 15 years she did more for him than what this girl is complaining about. He then met another girl and within 3 months they were engaged, 7 months later they were married.

30. T

September 21, 2016 at 10:17 pm

If your husband’s name is taiwo,and you got married recently…raise your hands.If you know a kehinde,whose twin got married recently…your henz!

If the story is true,the girl should cry it out,wipe her eyes,and be grateful God saved her from that kind of human being.His heart is evil biko.His wife will not be spared.

But some men sha…you people outdo yourselves daily.The other day a twitter user shared screenshots of messages between her and a married man. Apparently dude wanted her but never said he was married.she confronted the man with pictures of his wedding day…dude said it was a scene from a movie!WAWU!!! I’m like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!Even the devil will be impressed. I just feel sorry for the wife…finding out your marriage is just ‘feem’. On twitter!

31. ijs

September 22, 2016 at 6:15 am

at T, hahahahahahaha @ “your henz”….you’re so funny eh. Maybe God should just scrap all this love things sef. make we see front

32. Manhater

September 22, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Mennnn, sweety shit happens…F him up if you can…everybody is talking cos they are not wearing the shoes. It’s very easy to run your mouth and curse her out…You see that Taiwo, his day is coming…Every DOG has his day….as for the wife that married him, all ’em side chicks turned main chicks….be careful….You might just build him a house and he moves in with your sister….Taiwo is the typical example of a weak ass Nigerian Gold digging mutherf****!!!!

33. kemi

September 22, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm

34. kflow

September 22, 2016 at 5:41 pm

It’s well

35. Ayo

October 2, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Girls Never Learn! Most Guys u have to feed or Invest in Are LAZY! Ladies Stop being DESPERATE Marriage is not by force! That’s Why U Ladies Fall for d wrong Guy! Any man u feed or spend ur hard earned money on during courtship be Sure U will Always Spend on Him All your life during marriage IF he doesn’t dump u first
    Just enjoy ur relationship and if after 6 months of dating u haven’t met any family members like Parents, run away fast!
    Guys Guys Guys Pls go get a JOB and leave Sugar Mummy Alone! Laziness cannot get u there u will Always remain Lazy and dats not how to raise a family OK
    ladies stay away from Sleeping around with any Sugar Daddy and wen ur 30 or 40 spent and wasted ur looking for marriage by force.