BN TV

What if you discover your would-be spouse Lied about their Job on your Wedding Day? Nigerians Respond on BN TV

So Pulse TV took a Vox Pop on the Streets asking Nigerians “What if on your wedding day you discover your spouse lied about their job”.

Some of the answers were downright hilarious and even brought forth other questions.

Take a look:

1. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

September 11, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Leaving is not an option.

2. Sultana

September 11, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Very hilarious! Moved thru three topics pronto and twas entertaining.

3. Marlvina

September 11, 2016 at 7:37 pm

What were you doing all the while during courtship to just realize he/she lied about the profession or place of work? That’s the first question I will throw at you. You see, most people get it all wrong from the onset. They feel dating/courtship is just a time for pleasure; buying ice cream and pizza, receiving a thousand red roses, going on fun trips to have hot crazy sex, riding on horses, uploading “bae and I pics” everyday on social media and of course planning thy-kingdom-come Pre-wed shoots to feed and choke us on Instagram. Meanwhile, the most important things; they tend to neglect. While dating or courting, whatever term you choose to call it, is sorely a period to get to know your spouse totally. (Although you can’t know an individual completely, even in marriages of 30yrs you still find yourself learning one or two new things about that person) but at the onset, try to know his/her family very well, his/her likes/dislikes, his/her favourites, religion, values/morals, profession, place of work (try to pay him/her a visit at work probably during lunch hour) know future plans/goals, number of kids to have etc. Try to have deep conversations. Build a solid foundation and establish that friendship and bond. Even if your spouse intended to lie or deceive you at the beginning, if you build such trust and friendship, him/her will open up freely and let you know everything without any shame. Afterall, love is patient, kind or blind, dunno how people define “love” these days. But you will then accept and love him/her for who they truly are.

• Manny

September 11, 2016 at 8:45 pm

Your comment is rather simplistic even though long. You make good points but falling victim to someone who is set out to deceive does not automatically mean you failed to do your homework.

• Marlvina

September 11, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Yeah! It’s simple for people like Uncle Gwe Gwe Gwe to comprehend. Anyways, establishing that friendship and bond would reduce the rate of people falling victim to those who are set out to deceive. There’s always gonna be a Judas anyways! We can’t rule that out, can we?

4. madman

September 11, 2016 at 7:42 pm

If someone lies, you better get the fuck out because the lying will never stop. Its like this trend of jobless/unemployed men describing themselves as entrepreneurs. Lmao~

5. Baymax

September 11, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Depends on the lie

If he had claimed to be a bricklayer whereas he’s actually the rich owner of the real estate firm, no problem.

However, if bro claims to be project manager in Chevron, whereas he’s just a cleaner there…… Let us say the truth and let the devil be ashamed

In Toke’s voice, “Shine ya eyez”

• Cindy

September 12, 2016 at 1:57 am

Even if he lies he’s a bricklayer and ends up being rich, I’m getting out either way. For the life of me, I still don’t get it when guys say they are testing to know if you’re after money or not. Testing kwa, I resemble blood? Truth is, I won’t settle for someone who is not financially stable. Tag me a gold digger or what not, it is the plain truth. I won’t get married either if I’m not financially stable, it just reeks of stupidity to me. If we’re going to have kids, what will they eat, where will they school, what clothes would they wear? If as a man your potential wife is not interested in your finance at all, you should be scared. Some things are just common sense. So lying to see if I’m after your money or not doesn’t even make sense because my intent will be clear from the start and that is – you have to be financially stable. If you have to lie, then you don’t trust me and that foundation is faulty from the onset. Imma just pack my bags and leave.

6. Toluwalope

September 11, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Lies like ‘I’m still struggling to getting a job’ but he later reveals to you that he’s a senior facility engineer in chevron.

7. pulsemakawhy

September 12, 2016 at 7:49 am

Pulseng copycating battabox all the time o ga o.

8. b

September 12, 2016 at 9:00 am

In the freeze frame of the video above she’s looking at him like “Kai Fine boy” LOL

9. me

September 12, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Why the drama? phone his office and subtly ask for him regarding an emergency. if kindly tape the conversation. The truth will be revealed then.