BN TV

There has not been one Nigerian artist in History with my Songwriting Prowess – Brymo | WATCH

BN TV

In a quick chat with Pulse TV, Singer and songwriter Brymo revealed that most of the things he says online (when he described himself as the “best thing to ever happen to the Nigerian music industry.”) are to draw attention to what is important.

When asked if he thought he was the greatest Nigerian musician, he said he feels like very little attention is being paid to content and as a result there hasn’t been a Nigerian musician in history with his songwriting prowess or vocal dexterity or stage presence with an exception from Fela, who is his mentor.

Watch the interview below:

1. curious

December 5, 2017 at 2:40 pm

brymo I love you, but you are desperately trying to make me hate you. You are good no doubt, extremely good. But pride they say goes beyond a fall. Even if your claims were true…others should be the one having this argument about you…not you.

• Bleed Blue

December 5, 2017 at 3:07 pm

Co sign. Brymo baby, you need to hang that pride.

Still going to watch him this Saturday though. I don’t hate what I like.

• Ife

December 5, 2017 at 9:00 pm

In my honest opinion this guy is delusional & he also needs to acquire a lot of emotional intelligence , which is why he is under appreciated .

2. Sherlie Holmes

December 5, 2017 at 3:49 pm

I’ve always been a fan of his phenomenal music, but this is my first time actually seeing him in an interview. I’m quite impressed!

I know it may come off initially as prideful, but you cannot lie, this man is good, and he knows it! Listen well, you’ll realize it’s deeper than him just tooting his own horn, he KNOWS what he’s talking about! Very underestimated and misunderstood!

3. Olori

December 5, 2017 at 3:54 pm

Forget his pride or whatever you want to call it, he’s actually one of the most prolific songwriters to ever come out of Nigeria.

4. kina

December 5, 2017 at 3:59 pm

“Song writting prowess” hummm i used to like u boi bye.

5. Yellow sun

December 5, 2017 at 4:29 pm

He said people are not interesting in writing songs with good contents anymore…before saying he’s the best right now..which is very true…read to understand not to reply…

• Iq

December 5, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Oh really? Asa, Nneka, Morayo, Tuface, Bez, Timi Dakolo…they don’t have good lyrical content?

Abeg shift, we are not saying Brymo isn’t good. Heck the guy is a legend in his own right! But he cannot crown himself king of the ring. He cannot claim he’s the best. Let this level of high praise come from others.

6. Moniker

December 5, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Brotherman is simply overdoing this. Asa doesn’t need any form of validation, yet her shows are soldout. Keep being you. The sky is wide enough for everyone. I am your big fan. But stop discrediting others.

7. ade

December 5, 2017 at 4:58 pm

You are one of the best, along with Asa, Tuface even MI is good lyrically . Sit down, Be humble

• Brendan

December 5, 2017 at 8:54 pm

You don’t have to impose your lack of confidence on him ade…

8. Cocoa

December 5, 2017 at 6:17 pm

I don’t see PRIDE in this interview. I see the CONFIDENCE of one who UNDERSTANDS their God given gift and have STUDIED and HARNESSED their art.

He consistently named other artists of SUBSTANCE…both OLD and YOUNG. A prideful man will NEVER pay homage.

He seems, to me, to be more concerned with spreading a SPECIFIC message..which is APPRECIATE SONGS OF SUBSTANCE, Songs with lyrical content that can change lives and make us think DEEPER about human conditions.

• JJ

December 5, 2017 at 8:15 pm

You hit the nail on the head, Wa sere jare! Brymo…abeg, I hear you and understand all you’re saying! I’m so excited about his upcoming album.

9. californiabawlar

December 5, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Lmao! I’m sorry o…but Tuface or whoever was writing his songs is the GOAT. Oh and is he just going to gloss Asa? Maybe she doesn’t write her own music sha.

Whichever way, bruh biko hang that pride somewhere… you’re not in the rap game where bragging upandan would be a part of your persona. You sing folk… it’s supposed to calm/inspire people… I can’t be listening to your music and be thinking of this foolishness mehn. Stopeet.

10. Nky

December 5, 2017 at 8:24 pm

I enjoyed listening to Brymo speak. Such a breath of fresh air.
    I will be at terra culture to watch you perform.

11. Adenike Adebayo

December 5, 2017 at 8:43 pm

He’s so eloquent and well spoken! He’s very articulate … i’m a bigger fan because of this interview!

12. Brendan

December 5, 2017 at 8:53 pm

I don’t know what it is with Nigerians and ‘humility’… would you rather he say that he is ‘just okay?’ The man has worked hard at his craft and he has every right to beat his chest and toot his horn as loud as he wants….ever heard of Muhammed Ali, Floyd Mayweather, Zlantan Ibrahimovic, Steve Jobs??? Arrest my case

13. Mtschew

December 6, 2017 at 2:23 am

Nigerians and their obsession with humility. The man spoke facts. Go and argue with your fave artist that is not Brymo. His lyrics are pure literary works. Asa is the only one that in this time that is comparable, when I️t comes to writing

14. REZthaPoet

December 6, 2017 at 11:45 am

SMH. Many of y’all “Pride comes before fall” prophets obviously did not watch or listen to the interview.

15. Bukie

December 6, 2017 at 12:02 pm

I like his confidence, i am impressed!