Lifetime TV movie Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’e was a HIT this weekend, with all of Black Twitter’s attention. The movie was mainly from Michel’le‘s point of view, complete with her appearing as an omniscient narrator several times in the movie.
Who is Michel’le?
R & B Singer Michel’le was once Dr. Dre’s fiancee – they have one 25 year-old son together.
She first met Dre at 16, after being discovered by Alonzo, and making a cameo on one of their songs.
She was the only female artiste on Ruthless Records, but she was completely omitted from the hit movie Straight Outta Compton, which led her to want to tell her own story, as she told The Breakfast Club 2 years ago.
Major Revelations in the Movie
- Getting beaten by Dr. Dre – many people have called out the “Beats” by Dre headphones for being ironic
— ? (@Trillxonce) October 17, 2016
— DJ (@IamnotnotBatman) October 17, 2016
- Dr. Dre first beat her in bed, gave her a black eye and started crying
— Precious (@cuz_im_P) October 17, 2016
- He had already had 5 kids – 3 before her and 2 when they just started dating – their son Marcel is his last child, and he came back into Marcel’s life when he was 20, after Michel’le’s mum and grandma died
— WhitleyHillman (@tmiecy) October 16, 2016
— Kiddo (@Kennedylcb) October 16, 2016
- Her mother and grandma told her to stay in the relationship with Dre, because according to them, all men cheat and all mean hit their women
“So many of the decisions you make in life depend on what you were taught as a child.”
— Yukio Strachan (@boldandworthy) October 16, 2016
- Eazy-E rapped about Dre beating her and used to urge her to leave, because he liked her
— DeMarko Gage 🙂 (@DeMarko_Gage) October 16, 2016
Eazy-E warning her Dre was on his way home drunk so she needed to leave. Her grandma telling her to stay. Dis tew much. #SurvivingCompton
— Bené (@beneviera) October 16, 2016
- The one time Suge Knight slapped her, he dislocated her jaw
- After she had taken to prescription drugs and alcohol to numb the pain of getting abused, Suge Knight helped her go to rehab, and she ended up in a relationship with him after. Meanwhile Dre got engaged to his current wife soon after Michel’le went to rehab
— Nella D (@Nella_D513) October 16, 2016
- She thought she was married to Suge, but it was a sham set up by him and his lawyers – he had never divorced his wife
- She had a daughter with Suge, partially to keep their relationship afloat
- Dr. Dre threatened Michel’le with a lawsuit before she released the movie
- He has apologized to all the women he hurt, but he claims he never hit Michel’le
- Michel’le has said she is ready to be taken to court, because she knows witness testimonies will stand
We watched the movie and it was entertaining and revealing! Did you watch? What did you think?
— KimberlyDewayn (@KimDSummons) October 16, 2016