News

I Only Told Them to Beat Him Up, Says Woman who Allegedly Paid N600,000 to Have her Husband Killed

BellaNaija.com

Chika Orji and Bright Ikechukwu

Chika Orji and Bright Ikechukwu

The identity of a woman who allegedly contracted assassins to kill her husband has been revealed.

According to Vanguard, 41-year-old Chika Orji, who was arrested by policemen attached to Area ‘J’ Command, Ajah, Lagos State, said she only sent thugs to beat him up for constantly abusing her physically, adding that she was tired and frustrated.

“We got married 14 years ago and are blessed with three daughters and a son. All of a sudden, my husband became a wife beater. He would beat me, leaving me with swollen face and would also threaten to kill me. He chased me out of the house three years ago. I made several efforts to get my children back, part of which was to report him to human rights offices for settlement. But he did not honour any of the invitations.

Both families have made attempts to settle us, but he would not listen. He was served with a court warrant over the issue, but he also refused to show up. Along the line, he sold the house we both built for N85 million, but never gave me any dime.

He also stopped our children from visiting me and any attempt to see them always resulted in beating. Out of frustration, I told Ekene, our carpenter, to beat him up. I did not pay him or hire anyone to kill him. I am a frustrated woman and I am sorry for everything,” she told the police.

However, one of the suspected assassins, Bright Ikechukwu, said that he was contracted by Orji’s husband’s carpenter, Ekene, on the orders of his wife to kill him.

“I live in Ogwuashi-Ukwu, Delta State. My friend, Ekene, said he had a job for me. This was three weeks ago. I hurriedly came to Lagos and stayed with him in Ajah, where I met another of his friend, Samuel.

He told us that Madam Chika promised him N600,000 to kill her husband. Thereafter, he told Samuel to take me to Mr. Orji’s house, to identify the target.

We went there and hid inside a tricycle, waiting for Mr. Orji, who we were told always come to open the gate himself whenever he was returning home. But on that day, it was his daughter that opened the gate. We went back the next day, yet it was his daughter that opened the gate again.

By the time we went the third day, it was Mr Orji that opened the gate himself. The plan was to rush to him and stab him eight times in the chest, rib and neck. But Samuel, who was supposed to stab him, went to buy cigarette and by the time he came back, our target had gone inside and shut the gate.

Out of frustration, I went back home and told Ekene to give me my own share of the money that I was going home. But he stated that Madam Chika would only pay after the job was done. I decided to go to Mr. Orji’s apartment to steal instead, to get some money to go back to Delta State. But as I was trying to jump through the fence, somebody raised alarm which attracted members of a vigilante in the area, who apprehended me. I had to open up when they almost killed me,” Ikechukwu narrated.

Photo Credit: Vanguard

1. where are d feminishit

October 19, 2016 at 4:20 pm

i pity the guys
    wife material no dey again

2. Really sad

October 19, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Wow, this story is sad, if we are to believe all the parties involved.

1) A husband who beats, and maltreats his wife, cheats her off their collective wealth and children.
    2) A wife who wants her husband dead as revenge.
    3). Men who are willing to kill for money.
    4) One who is willing to steal and actually goes ahead with it.

In all this is it really worth it,

What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 16:26.

3. Paul Adeyemo

October 19, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Nigeria women are wicked, 95% of them are looking for inheritance they never worked for. The woman was sleeping around, the husband sent her out and got custody of the kids. Innocent children can’t be living with a harlot. The husband was never a wife beater. Fear Nigeria women b4 you fear devil.

• Bey

October 19, 2016 at 7:22 pm

That list must include your Great grandma ,Grand mother,mother, Aunty, sister, wife and daughter.
      Shikena

• ATL's finest

October 19, 2016 at 9:59 pm

????????lmao! His entire generations & up coming ones. Na wa in that hard Nigerian economy some is wasting that money on foolish things smh.

4. BELLA

October 19, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Na wa ohhh , HOW DO U CONCLUDE FROM THE STORY THAT SHES A HARLOT ,NIGERIAN MEHN U GUYS NEED TO TAKE A CHILL PILL. . Truth be told she stays in my estate and she sells food stuffs , i always buy turkey from her . Sometimes ehn i will see huge plasters on her face or hand or somewhere sha , i never thought it was the man that beats her up that much , and u will never see this woman happy , always thinking ( what a life) . please do not conclude Yes shes wrong for sending people to kill her husband , i think i would do the same at some point if its getting too much …

5. Corolla

October 19, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Wowzer!How do you send someone to kill the father of your kids?Yes the ex-husband effed up, but hiring people to kill a human being is just insane! There needs to be better laws protecting parties in a marital union. More importantly, those laws need to be enforced! How can a partner ignore a court warrant and deny the ex-spouse visitation right without any legal consequences?

6. Ijs

October 19, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Paul Aderemo were you living with them?? Such an extreme situation. Thank God the husband survived

7. Prince

October 19, 2016 at 5:02 pm

You must be walking close to hell to marry a woman or man from hell.

8. hadiza

October 19, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Well done madam. Too bad the killer didn’t finish him off. Foolish abuser. That’s all Nigerian men know. How to rape, beat and cheat. Disgusting pigs. More women should start killing their disgusting husbands and this world would get better. Imagine the pig beating her and depriving her the right to see her kids. All Nigerian men should be killed. None of them deserve to be alive.

• Zarah A

October 19, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Sorry

• LemmeRant

October 19, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Now that she’s going to be charged for attempted murder, are you also going to show solidarity with her when she’s in jail or are you just going to move along and forget looking for the next person to influence like an evil spirit.

• Bey

October 19, 2016 at 7:28 pm

My dear who stole your joy ?
      Mehnnnn dis is serious.

• Californiabawlar

October 19, 2016 at 9:13 pm

But who will now be changing the oil in our engine? Oil needs to be changed. Just saying.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 20, 2016 at 11:12 am

Is that a double entendre? I “yam” just asking… *daintily adjusts halo*

• ATL's finest

October 19, 2016 at 10:03 pm

@ Hadiza tho!!! We get it men are this, men are that. But not all of them. My Dad turned out GREAT for my mom, my brothers turned out GREATEST for their wives & Oh honey I’ve got the best. Are they perfect absolutely NOT but it comes across to me that U need a lot of cleansing & healings to do within yourself. I’m apologizing on behalf of those whom ve hurt U ?

• Attention seeker

October 19, 2016 at 10:29 pm

You are getting too much attention for the bile you spew concerning Nigerian men. You have time on your hands to sit and type arrant rubbish. same old gist pls swerve biko mtcheewwww

• Corolla

October 20, 2016 at 12:15 am

@Hadiza, Your thoughts are very dangerous, and it seems like if given the chance you’d go on a rampage and kill Nigerian men, Free your heart of the anger and hate you have towards Naija men. Patapata, don’t marry a Naija man, or divorce the one you are with na. Haba!

9. Suga

October 19, 2016 at 6:18 pm

@Paul please identity yourself properly first before telling us your part of the story so we can relate with you according . we are waiting…

10. Bey

October 19, 2016 at 7:27 pm

There was never love in that marriage. How can a marriage degenerate to d extent a party is plotting d death of another.
    What if her daughter was mistakenly killed along with the man.
    That woman is d devil. Even if u are being abused, there are other ways u cld have gotten even with d man without getting ur family involved with criminals.

11. nnenne

October 19, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Stupid woman
    Why don’t you leave

12. Lacey

October 20, 2016 at 3:41 am

Why did she not walk away!is it by force to be married ! When you ladies show a man that you can foot their bills and the man now turns you into an ATM,then wahala will now break out! Any man that cannot meet their responsibility as a man!walk away! Now this woman will now end up in prison and her innocent children will suffer because of the I must marry syndrome in Nigeria and must stay married by force,as if the man was killed by assasins, she would have cried crocodile tears!walk away from domestic violence, it’s not ever worth it!

• chiquita

October 20, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Did you read the whole story at all? She walked away but the man kept denying her of her children, refusing to obey court orders and cheated her on her money. You don’t expect her to walk away from her children.

13. femfem

October 20, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Gosh life as a nigerIan woman living in Nigeria is no life. Imagine no laws for your rights. The woman was absolutely frustrated. I can see how she got there. May God help her