BN TV

BN TV: “A Walmart employee called the cops on me!” Watch Toni Olaoye’s New Story Time Vlog on Shoplifting!

BN TV

In this vide, beauty vlogger Toni Olaoye is sharing a life experience in her new story time vlog, she almost got arrested! She also unboxes her silver YouTube play button, a milestone for any YouTuber. Toni said;

This is the story about how a Walmart employee chased me down and called the cops on me. It was a very stupid decision I do not condone shoplifting but I hope you learn from my story!

Thank you to each and everyone of my subscribers! My silver play button made me so happy and more motivated!

Watch the Video

1. Jo!

December 4, 2016 at 6:35 am

Sigh. So it’s because of people like you that I get all the suspicious looks and get asked for all kinds of ID whenever I’m shopping abroad. Very what? Very good

I tried to reach deep to find some f*cks to give but I think I’m out of those.
    This story should have remained in the past, where it belongs, anytime I see you now I’ll think “oh that thief girl”, whether you were 16 or not, don’t matter

Smh. You people and the need to “tell your story”, who cares? Not al stories are meant to be told

• Wunmi

December 4, 2016 at 9:25 am

*sigh*
      SMH @ jo or whatever ur name is

• Leo

December 4, 2016 at 9:28 am

It is her story, tell yours if you have the need to. All forms of stealing have been propagated from time immemorial. It predates her and will remain long after the vlogger is gone. Stop shaming people to silence! She’s not the reason you’re being asked for all forms of IDs. Many people will learn from her story if you won’t.

• Ru

December 4, 2016 at 11:06 am

She’s the reason oh. Sadly cases like this result in the rest of us being negatively profiled. But like you said, hopefully someone will learn something from her story, and she has a right to tell it.

• Corolla

December 4, 2016 at 3:32 pm

@Jo, You sound so very angry and bitter this morning. Ndo.

People of all races shoplift, so if anyone is profiling you while shopping, then it’s their prejudice. The girl has told her story, so she couldn’t care less what your random a** thinks of her. She had a following on youtube, and young folks who are likely to succumb to peer pressure can learn from this.

• Corolla

December 4, 2016 at 3:33 pm

*has.

• Anonymous

December 4, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Last time I checked, white people shoplift even more. But trust Nigerians to defend racism as usual. Black women are the most educated group in America, so why don’t they stereotype black women as rich and educated? Nigerians go on holiday for 2 weeks in Houston to their uncles house, meet only Nigerians and eat at only Nigerian restaurants and think they can speak on racism

2. Candy

December 4, 2016 at 9:07 am

Ok who’s this one?

3. syno

December 4, 2016 at 10:48 am

who be dis???

4. The Real Oma

December 4, 2016 at 11:11 am

Couldn’t bring myself to finish watching. Everything about the story and the storyteller made me feel somehow

5. Darius

December 4, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Peer pressure people! Peer pressure made her do it. She was a young impressionable 16yr old. I learnt a valuable lesson: don’t let anybody persuade you into doing something bad, and stay away from bad people because they have nothing to offer you but trouble.

6. Abominable snow girl

December 4, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Girl, you look fabulous.
    We have all done stuff we are not proud of. Keep doing you o jare. Congrats on your silver plaque, looking forward to the next tale. ?

7. AHausaChickInToronto

December 4, 2016 at 3:41 pm

The Bellanaija audience might not identify with this story because most of you are “mature and perfect” but I’m sure young girls that watch this video on YouTube would definitely learn something about the repercussions of having bad friends. So please leave her to tell her story, anyone that sees her as a “thief girl” is implying that they never did anything bad when they were young and you’re also refusing to see that she has grown into a better person.

8. DPMO

December 4, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Are y’all even serious with these freaking comments? Didn’t you see when she said she doesn’t condone shoplifting. This video is more of a lesson than anything else. Mschewww DPMO!

9. A

December 4, 2016 at 9:29 pm

She is a very young girl and obviously made this video for the younger ones coming up and her peers about the dangers of peer pressure,tantrum throwing and entitlement. It is an experience which has shaped her life,it is her Youtube channel,she can post whatever she wants.

10. Dam

December 4, 2016 at 10:34 pm

As a working class Nigerian in Canada, I identify with where she was at d time. I feel so concerned for older kids moving to d west, the struggle:to fit in, to have friends, to even have someone acknowledge u. Her “friend ” saw her weak point, that she had no one n used that to get to her. Even as an adult, working with people who will sometimes make fun of ur accent, look down on u and I’m talking in a highly professional position and large company. Imagine our kids in anew school, struggling to fit in. That’s where she was at d time, a lonely place

11. LostInSpace