BN TV

BN TV: What are Your Thoughts, Must Women Marry Before 30? Find Out What Others Think on Battabox

BN TV

In Nigeria, there are very few things that are a bigger deal than marriage. Whether there’s rain or sun… The wedding takes place. Whether there’s recession or cash… The extravaganza must proceed. Even if the bride and groom are MIA, no one cares, at the end of the day… The show must go on!

So it shouldn’t surprise you that for many young couples the race to the altar has become just that… A race but what age is appropriate? BattaBox‘s BollyLomo hit the Lagos streets once again to find out what people think about the age women should be getting married.

Watch the Video

What do YOU think?

Must a Nigerian woman be married before 30??!

1. Tired

December 1, 2016 at 11:29 pm

It’s okay goodness , marriage this marriage that. Please we need articles on building wealth. I feel bad for single folks, this is too much.

2. nunulicious

December 2, 2016 at 6:19 am

Yes, women who want to should marry before age 30. We have a biological clock that ticks and for those who want to have children, risks of having kids with developmental disorder increases exponentially after age 30.
    There are 36 states in Nigeria, and aside the urban cities of Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt, where ladies are forming miss independent and career woman, most females in the other states are married/reproducing before age 30 and that is a very good thing.

• Puzzles

December 2, 2016 at 6:48 am

Your statement is a very nasty one.

So you think that every single woman in the big cities who are 30 and above are forming “miss independent” and “career woman”?

FYI, majority of those women desired to get married in their 20s, however it didn’t work out for them. A good number were betrayed by their ex, others just have not found the right person for them and they are fine holding on until they find the right one as they understand that it is better to marry late than marry wrong.

So, stop with your subtle shade on those single ladies who chose to work hard rather than sit at home waiting for someone to “rescue” them.

• Go Away!

December 2, 2016 at 9:05 am

People like you make the world a worse place. Girl Bye.
      God has a plan for everyone. God’s timing is not ours.

• Go Away!

December 3, 2016 at 5:54 am

Just saying my comment was aimed @nunulicious.

• tri

December 2, 2016 at 9:40 am

Your comment is ridiculously ignorant and malicious . Some of those who married before 30 wish they have waited for the right ones.
      Marriage is not about how early but how well. And those supposedly ‘forming miss independent and career women’ are laying a solid foundation for when the eventually settle down.
      @nunulicious, FYI, women are having very healthy babies even at 40.

• Spunky

December 2, 2016 at 9:40 am

Shush that gutter you call [email protected]

3. Depressed soul

December 2, 2016 at 8:12 am

From the video all agree that there must be something seriously wrong with you if you’re not married by 30. Two young ladies say 20, 21 is the age to get married and a woman should have her first degree and a job before they get married. How many young ladies in Nigeria have a degree AND a job by 21? I was almost 25 when I got my first job and it paid below 100k.

To be honest, I regretted watching the video as of recent I’ve been seriously feeling pressured to get married. I’m less than 3 years below 30. As the first daughter in a house of girls, it’s like everyone is looking at me to get married and open the way for my younger ones. All my younger sisters talk about nowadays is getting married to the extent I told them that if they find the right person, they shouldn’t wait for me. I’m worried they might get married just for the sake of getting married. I can’t imagine how it would be when they all get married and I’m still single.

Anybody talking to me, even my friends end our discussion with me getting a husband.

I’ve been so depressed and praying to God that I shouldn’t feel so pressured that I get married to just anyone.

My last relationship was nine (9) years ago before he ended the relationship for a more beautiful babe, The men that have asked me out, I sincerely felt nothing for and said no. The men I have liked feel nothing romantic towards me. They call me their baby sister or good friend and they even admit I’m a good “wife material” but they go out with other girls who (I’m saying this with all sincerity, not out of jealousy) do not have those qualities they term as “good wife material”. Sometimes I wonder if it really pays to be a good girl, but then I remember I behave the way I do because I sincerely love God and my doing good does not depend on God giving me my heart’s desire but out of love for Him. God is not entitled to give me a husband just because I think I’m a “good” girl. I feel God feels I still have a lot to improve on or I’m better off single. Who knows?

Sorry for my epistle, but I just had to pour out my thoughts.

• Janet Uwah

December 2, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Be yourself my dear, marrying above 30 is not a sin, marriage timing is something human beings like you invented, don’t get manipulated. Be yourself, someone is surely going to end up marrying you.

• MsE

December 2, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Sending you hugs my dear. Don’t be depressed, there’s so much more ahead of you than you’ve experienced in the past. God is working, you too are moving forward even if it doesn’t seem so. Keep your head up and have a great weekend!

• Oyindee

December 3, 2016 at 6:46 am

Hello there,I feel like we connect at some point because this is my situation also but God’s way are not our ways and he’s thoughts are not our thoughts so don’t you get depressed girl,you have a lot ahead of you and one day you will thank God for keeping you for your husband I mean yours God bless you baby,enjoy grace all round

4. That-I-May-Fly

December 2, 2016 at 11:16 am

I dont know about marriage, but child birth is certainly kinder to your body in early to mid 20s than in your 30s. I had my first child at 30 and omo! for the first 2 and half years, I hated being a mother. Still not quite where I want to be body wise but I’m coming round to accepting and moving my body as it is now. If only the belle will just behave small 🙂 Meanwhile, most of my friends who were lucky to have done the child birth thing before 30 got their bodies easier (Note: not easy, just easier than me). I’m not saying it will be the same for everyone, but from my experience, I’d have those babies quickly…if only to be able to enjoy my body for longer 🙂

5. Iphie

December 5, 2016 at 10:18 am

@Tired, well said. send me an email if you are interested in wealth building and investment opportunities.
    email is [email protected]