BN TV

Matharoo Sisters as NaijaGistLive reaches Toronto’s Biggest News Station

BN TV

The Matharoo sister in court a few days ago. Their next court date is in January.

CityNews profiled the Canadian Matharoo sisters as the faces behind the now defunct NaijaGistLive.com. The website/Instagram page was known for exposing Instagram ‘big boys’ and runs girls.

The sisters are now in Nigerian police custody, after their webmaster was caught a few months ago – click here if you missed it.

A phone number linked to NGL was traced to the sisters at Eko Hotel, which led to the police seizing their other electronics.

The sisters confirmed they are the culprits in signed affidavits, stating they will never return to Nigeria.

CityNews in Canada reports –

Two continents, two sisters and one international sex scandal.

Two Toronto sisters are on the wrong side of the law in Nigeria, accused of running a website with aims of extorting money out of wealthy Nigerian men.

Jyoti and Kiran Matharoo, who have Kardashian-like instagram profiles, have, according to reports out of Lagos, Nigeria, been charged with cyberbullying and extortion.

Watch

Or click here

1. Baby gurl

December 27, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Taranjot’s last retweet in 2010 is about putting and end to bullying. Like LMAO!!! What is ya career now eh? I don’t know much about this case so imma just stay silent about this one lol

• [email protected]

December 27, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Dear Bella Naijarians,
      I understand this is not a begging platform and I am so ashamed to ask but I really need help. I took a job that was going quite well until in October when things turned south and I have been working since then without receiving my salary. I don’t know how to go about getting my payment. My boss keeps promising and I have gotten nothing. I won’t lie this job changed my life, I was very depressed and I lacked a lot before God blessed me with this job. It has helped me care for myself and my siblings. I don’t know how to quit and go about looking for another job. The country is hard, I know and everyone is trying to get ahead, Jobs are not easy to come by and I am hoping to receive the salary soon.
      My rent is due and I really don’t know where to go, who to ask, or where to stay. I have already suffered enough harassment. Last week, my boss promised one more time to pay and I have received nothing.
      I need your help to clear off my rent. Please, if you are in the capacity to help me with any amount I will be grateful.
      My email is up there if you need any proof, I will provide them.
      Thank you and sorry to those that may find this offensive.

2. Scorpiogirl

December 27, 2016 at 4:26 pm

I personally this Femi Otedola is just witch hunting people! First it was baudex and these girls:… Unfortunately for these girls without support system in Nigeria they are a real easy target. The real person behind the blog continued posting long after they arrested them. They just managed to shut down the site again. Am sure she would be back. I really feel for the Baduex guy I hope he gets compensation for the hell he was put through! Then again bella Naija and co why didn’t u guys put up the interview the real person behind the blog put up!

• 9ja

December 27, 2016 at 5:49 pm

They are not naijagistlive

3. mp;

December 27, 2016 at 4:32 pm

but to be honest, i did enjoy going to the website just to pass time! it was very entertaining!

4. madman

December 27, 2016 at 4:51 pm

This is when you know that the system is flawed. I hope the girls or whoever owns the site actually gets to release more information about these MEN who pass on STIs, STDs, HIVs to their wives.

patriarchy supports that MEN sleep with women as prostitutes and not pay. These women exploited the system, and it back fired, too bad.

If people within the Nigerian society actually spoke the truth, their blog would NOT be much of a big deal.

Also, Isn’t this how Linda Ikeji made her money? Through blackmail. Reports show that in the short time they had the blog, they made $700,000…. curious to know how they spent the funds though. shoes and bags and first class trips don’t add up to $700,000. I have more questions but kudos to the girls.

• nene

December 27, 2016 at 11:23 pm

gbam. and might i add, femi otedola is so weak. he thinks he’s so smart. criminal!

• What goes around.

December 29, 2016 at 2:13 am

Gist that only a few thousand people read has turned into an international gossip. LOL. I feel embarrassed for all involved. And the real NGL admin is sitting somewhere sipping tea and collecting material. Mtcheew

• goosenGander

December 29, 2016 at 12:03 am

a few weeks ago we heard about a guy who allegedly blackmails females who refuse to date him and everyone fired bullets at him no one said anything about the poor women, they were victims, now these men are doing same and then the girls are the victim. #duplicity

• Nwa baby

January 11, 2017 at 8:12 pm

The only person that makes sense here. Patriarchy, misogyny, female perpetrators all make my blood boil. Unfortunately, African women will never see it like this. Most are slaves to the the African/European extreme patriarchal ideologies; funny thing is they love it.

5. Myst

December 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I found it very hard to believe that these girls were behind the website even with them confessing. Something is not right. The real owner of the website is still at large

6. Arin

December 27, 2016 at 5:03 pm

These girls are not the brains behind NGL. They might be blackmailing these high profile big Lagos men, but they are definitely not behind NGL. I came to this conclusion shortly after the real brain behind the blog published an interview she did with Stella.

7. NaijaIHailO

December 27, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Abeg release those girls o jare! If their hands are clean and their legs are closed, will they be exposed on NaijaGistLive? Be supporting those useless married men that cannot stay faithful to their wives and those useless girls that give women a bad name. Nonsense

8. EE

December 27, 2016 at 5:27 pm

I’m reading this story in absolute shock. So our police is this good, this is top notch investigative work, we even managed to extradite them.

EFCC should find the cops behind this and hire them! Might finally nail Dasuki and Babachir,

• EE

December 27, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I was reading the initial story on this issue. Hope you guys will use church sense and actually drop gist, not hints or that shoddy “BN won’t post” excuse.

9. Tgirl

December 27, 2016 at 6:00 pm

I don’t think these girls are behind the blog! It doesn’t make sense. The owner of the blog writes Yoruba… writes pidgin… these girls are too cream. I won’t be surprised if they jazzed them to sign all these.

• Olanma

December 27, 2016 at 6:42 pm

The owner of the blog (whoever it is) does not write Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa or any Nigerian language. The author doesn’t even use Nigerian slangs. The people who leave comments on the blog use Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, several African and foreign slangs, not the author. Be sure of what you say and don’t say things you’re unsure of with so much certainty.
      That being said, I don’t believe these girls are behind the blog.

10. Balderdash

December 27, 2016 at 6:08 pm

These two bear a resemblance to the two Canadian ‘world tourists’ who were nabbed smuggling almost 300 kilos of cocaine into Australia. Is there an ‘image’ school somewhere in Canada, for cloning gals with ‘champagne wishes and caviar dreams’?

But seriously, tell us they were only trying to ‘help him get his wealth out of he country, in return for a little gratuity’, something so may ordinary Canadians have been offered the opportunity to do.

Glad to see there was no ‘muffled titter’ running through that Nigerian courtroom, ‘fun bags’ like those obvious in ‘more enhanced’ shots could have hurt his wrists.

• Haley

December 29, 2016 at 8:52 am

THIS IS SO TRUE

11. Yoruba Priestess

December 27, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Thank God for the exposure of these two worthless wenches.
    Anybody who has ever been falsely accused of doing something would understand how their “collateral damage” victims must have felt.

Secondly if you have ever being bullied online,slandered,had strangers contribute wicked views about you that are totally untrue,wake up daily crying,stressed,depressed etc,then you would understand why Kiran and Jyoti Matharoo need to be sent to jail for the maximum time their crime allows.

That these two worthless bastards could spend months bringing down their fellow women,destroying homes,reputations etc shows that they lost their conscience in their prostitution trade ten years ago when they started out.

Look at them both now.
    Not so glam eh?
    How far would your ill gotten designer clothes,accessories,get you now
    The men whose beds you warmed,which of them would claim to know you now?
    Especially when you must have also spilled their most intimate secrets and allowed others ridicule them and their families.
    I detest Femi Otedola,but for you bastards to have allowed an avenue where his special needs child was a target shows how low you both did sink.

You sat on your high horses,demeaning us African women over and over again.
    Boasting of your ability to bed and steal our men.
    Guess what?
    NOW will show you that all you have been were just playthings.
    NO man would claim you publicly or save you.

Thousands like you abound everywhere
    Nobody said not to sell your stinking pussy!
    But you got carried away and believed in your own delusions of grandeur.

You equated selling vagina to wealthy powerful men as meaning you were equally powerful and invisible.
    Stupid dumb who*es.
    Which book of who*eism did you learn your own tricks from.

Most at the level you played at,would have cashed out,settled down nicely and started a new chapter in their lives.

Not you!
    Not the Matharoo who*es.

You spent over a decade trading on pu**y for bags,first class flights and exotic drinks,forgetting that a day would come when winter would ask you what you were doing all summer.
    When the question arose,you knew you were doomed and were facing a lifetime of nothingness as truly,younger, hotter girls were hot on your heels and were becoming the preferred choice of your men.
    So you resorted to the tools of trade of the scum of society.
    Blackmail.

Your hearts are so darkened that you sat and watched as so many were falsely accused of being the owners of the blog.
    Yet you did not stop.

What did you think?
    That you would get away with this?

Even if you wanted to expose the Musa Danjumas annd Terry Wayas,did you have too attempt to ruin the lives of so many other innocent people along the way.

Wicked hopeless women.

Look at you!
    Your names forever soiled.
    Prostitutes,high class escorts,blackmailers and now jailbirds.

All your children need do is google your names.
    Worthless senseless lazy fools.

Your mother should have swallowed.

Awon omo oran meji.

To think you came from the same womb!

Bastards.

Now that there is a face to naijagistlive.
    Were you to be let off the hook tomorrow,you shall spend the rest of your lives looking over your shoulders.
    And you shall never be comfortable anywhere you know Nigerians are.

I spit on everything that contributed to your sordid existence.

Awon omo ale jatijati.

• Nwa baby

January 11, 2017 at 8:37 pm

You sound like the patriarchal female perpetrator i wholeheartedly detest. Females like you do no need to exist. If she shamed Nigerian women then she deserves this. It seems you are for the subjugation of women who like to have sex. There was not once i read where you showed disdain for the crimes these men committed. From what i gather in your comment you find the act of cheating, lying and women being disrespected (because this is Africa) normal.

12. Smackdown

December 27, 2016 at 9:24 pm

This is what is sick about Nigeria. So they have the resources, and the intelligence to be able to arrest people behind a blog, what about all those CONFIRMED looters, and scammers in government? why not put them behind bars? they need to be locked up for 20+ years, after all we know who they are, they have not denied it, and they flaunt the money in our faces. Nigeria has misplaced priorities…

13. somebody

December 27, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Its a shame that people are saying that they are not the owner of the blog, these girls might not be the ones posting but they got someone who wrote all the posts, they actually included their names in the blog so they dont look like they own it… These girls hired someone to post and extort money from rich men, they also handle the blog that is to say more than one person handled that blog including them. They asked for tea from people and people like them send in tea! i am glad this is happening whether you believe it or not they are the owners of that stupid blog. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

14. Abk

December 27, 2016 at 9:38 pm

I am the only one who realized she (one of the sister’s) has 6 toes as opposed to 5? By the way, the Canadian (Toronto) address she put is in no way complete, explicit or correct. It’s just like putting 1 Lekki, Lagos Nigeria.

• Abk

December 27, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Am I the only one*

• Elle

December 28, 2016 at 6:33 am

Yeah, if you really know Toronto, you would know that’s by lakeshore. One of the water front condos.

• Abk

December 28, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Elle, some of you are always ready to attack. Calm your ass down and open your eyes and read and understand before attacking! I said it’s not a complete address, and I have an example as to why. I didn’t say whether or not it was by Lakeshore boulevard or if queenway is real or not. “If you really know Toronto”, smh please carry your foolishness elsewhere and learn how to read and understand.

• Shandi

December 30, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Elle, What’s your point really? Abk is right. Toronto Star has stated that the address doesn’t exist. Even the phone number is invalid. Mayor of Toronto, trying to call someone out cause you think you know more and you clearly don’t. If you yourself know about Toronto; you’ll know the address is indeed incorrect/ not explicit as Abk earlier stated.

15. Abena

December 28, 2016 at 2:13 am

@Abk
    I also noticed it. Her toes actually look like fingers. I always see them posing on Instagram and I’ve always wondered at how they can afford their lifestyle.

16. theOtedolasSuck

December 28, 2016 at 8:03 am

Egbon up there she has just five toe nails. If u r imagining things lemme ? out Dt white slightly bedazzled stuff is from her slippers and not her nails.

• Belle

December 28, 2016 at 10:23 pm

She actually have 6. Abk and Abena are right. You need to get your eyes checked.

• Belle

December 28, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Has*

17. For the Younger Ones

December 28, 2016 at 10:48 am

Just a few weeks ago we still talk this thing at our teenagers meeting oh!
    Where we are force fed with these faux successful people wey famous out of malicious means. God bless the few ones who stayed authentic to their purpose. The Tara Felas, The Kemi Adetibas, The Bellanaijas, The Yous. #SupportAuthenticBusinesses #EverybodyCanTell

18. Mexicans4Trump

December 28, 2016 at 7:42 pm

If you are a victim of the Matharoo Sisters, I encourage you to CONFIDENTIALLY REPORT your DOLLAR SUM LOSS to the Canada Revenue Agency Special Investigation Branch at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/

CRA will investigate all cases involving Canadians who have NOT reported Taxable Income. The Matharoo sisters have ASSets in Toronto which can be frozen with an Ontario Court of Justice Court Injunction. I encourage all victims to retain a Toronto Civil Lawyer to freeze their ASSets immediately !

19. Funkykat

December 30, 2016 at 5:42 am

Those feet!!…….. would keep a man soft forever!!, it would be like shooting pool with a rope.