News

Suspected Owner of NaijaGistLive.com Arrested & Confesses to Scamming & Blackmailing Nigerians including Femi Otedola

image

According to exclusive reports from LIB, a 23-year man suspected to be the owner of Naijagistlive.com, a site known for calling out scandalous Nigerians, celebrities and suspected foreign runs girls has been arrested.

He was arrested on Monday for scamming and blackmailing Nigerians via his site. The report states that he’d put damaging stories up on his site and then send threat messages asking for huge sums of money to take the posts down.

People had been suspecting him for a long time, but he claimed he only built the website for an anonymous owner.

Just last week, he put up a damaging story about Femi Otedola, his wife Nana and their son, and extorted thousands of dollars from them to take down the comments, and more thousands to take down the post.

According to LIB, the man popularly known as Baudex on social media, in a video confession to the Police stated that he co-owns the website and runs it with a lady, believed to be based outside Nigeria. His girlfriend is also reportedly in on the scam.

Here’s an excerpt of the report, as more details are unfolding …

Email correspondence between him and his accomplice revealed that he was mainly responsible for upgrades on the site, to prevent it from being shut down by hackers. They conversed with one another about extorting their victims, revealing that Paypal and other means are used to receive whatever amount of cash they demand.

They also had conversations about receiving various payments, which victim had paid or not, and price plans for any removal. Huge sums of money have been paid by Nigerians to take down comments!

A particular conversation was highlighted, in which Oyebode and his accomplice spoke about one of the female victims, describing her in unpleasant terms and agreeing to put up a post about her. Incriminating voice notes were also found on his phone.

Also, Oyebode’s girlfriend was in contact with his partner in crime through his account on Instagram after his arrest. Investigators initially had access to the account where chats between Oyebode’s girlfriend and 9jagistlive were found, in which she revealed she just found out he had been arrested and wanted to know the next step. Suspecting that something was amiss, the password was quickly changed but the damage had already been done.The police is now out to arrest his girlfriend.

1. Tgirl

October 26, 2016 at 9:10 pm

I don’t believe this! Ngl was still running few hours ago

• icantstandidiots

October 26, 2016 at 9:26 pm

dont mind the stupidity of Bellanaija and LindaIkeji.
      They Wish it was him

NGL is still running

if it was this dude do you think the blog will be running

MSchewww. common sense

• Ekene

October 26, 2016 at 9:55 pm

What don’t you understand. He doesn’t handle the writing and postings of stories. He hacks celeb accounts and is the Nigerian accomplice in the crime. He maintains the blog. Because your venom spitting SDK is involved and it’s false ? Didn’t you read where the guy confessed ?

• Nancy

October 26, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Linda, I missed the part SDK was mentioned, please qoute and share.
      *******
      BN better stop taking news from these gossip sites. I stopped visiting the blog on the other street because she is full of gibberish and I refuse to see that as inspiration just because she has enough money in the bank.

SDK on the other hand, the most interesting thing used to be the Chronicles but she engages in writing gossip about people and I left too. If she would concentrate on sharing only stories that connect and take away the gossip, she would have had a great blog.

You BN, I started coming here because I love fashion, I love music, I love the intelligent comments/arguments and I love hearing about things going on. You served that purpose, please don’t kill it! Leave those two to do what they do best.

• Ekene

October 26, 2016 at 10:50 pm

@ Nancy, we will all leave the blog for you. Stop visiting blogs entirely if you don’t like all. Or don’t visit all the posts, that’s why they are categorised . Go to the category that interests you Period! Sanctimonious Pharisee

• Jay

October 27, 2016 at 3:32 pm

But the blog is still running, BN I don’t get this post.
      Also, why did the Otedola’s have to pay thousands of dollars for a story to be taken down? If you know what’s being said is inaccurate; you wouldn’t even bother. I don’t support the owner of the cite writing horrible things about people to the general public, no matter how authentic the story is; it has a lasting effect (negative) on ones reputation. But I’m not sure why you’ll pay huge sums of money; unless of course what’s been said is true.

2. Tgirl

October 26, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Apart from the oloriburuku tea they request! I love the owner style of writing! The blog made me know that there is nothing like best friend, couple goal etc.. I mean not like I don’t know this already but you get the gist. Ngl shall be missed. Now you Lagos runs girls!!!! It’s time to be out of y’all closet

• A Real Nigerian

October 26, 2016 at 9:34 pm

???

3. nene

October 26, 2016 at 9:16 pm

i thought it was a woman that owned it

4. Bubu

October 26, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Can we say this is the hottest gist of 2016! While we wait for the matters unfolding! I was amazed reading through the site yesterday, like how can someone decide to take this as a job. Na wa ooo!! Awon tea spiller!!

5. Missappleberry

October 26, 2016 at 9:33 pm

I knew one way or the other that there had to be a female accomplice on that naijagistlive. Only a female can actually do some of the write ups on that blog. Kind of heartbroken sha. No more hot tea ?

• gistnation

October 26, 2016 at 9:49 pm

sorry but men are messy and can write most of the gossip columns…famousblog, etc are all male bloggers.

its obvious something went down at naijagistlive cos there were no blog posts on Tuesday, not typical of naijagistlive. then they made only 2 posts in 48hrs. nah, i believe LIB on this one.

its no news that these naija IG blogs are scammers….

6. Aloy

October 26, 2016 at 9:46 pm

but BN SHAME ON YOU. We arent sure that this is the person. Why on earth would you guys go that low to carry unconfirmed gist. I feel like this is wayyyy too much of a heavy allegation for you to carry when it’s not yet confirmed. Like WHATTTTHEHELL?? If this is false then you’ve just ruined the life of an innocent guy, especially as this is the so called most widely read blog in africa. You’re now also late and stale in carrying the gist that everyone is tired of talking about.

• Ekene

October 26, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Shut up!!! He confessed to the police and Police PRO gave LIB the news to report. Quote me anywhere !!!

• Amon

October 26, 2016 at 11:28 pm

You do know that Nigerian police will beat you and coerce you into saying what they want you to. Why are you acting like even you can’t get police to do something like that for as little as N10k
      Anything the Nigerian government or police tells you is a lie. At least until Shekau FINALLY dies we can start using naija police as evidence

• Olanma

October 27, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Aloy,
      BN and LIB were probably paid to carry this story. I don’t rate BN anymore so nothing they do these days surprises me.

7. denzel

October 26, 2016 at 9:49 pm

As SDK didn’t carry this gist… maybe she’s the ‘least bad’ (pardon the grammar) of the 3 blogs. Lowkey sha, it’s cool if BN does this, but you guys crucify Linda for doing the same. Maybe if Linda posted more posh news or she was a married ajebutter who posted her personal life liess then you guys wouldn’t hate her so much

8. Marlvina

October 26, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Never heard of such blog! So you mean the Otedola’s would pay for such false stories to be taken down? Why don’t they just ignore it.

• LOL

October 26, 2016 at 11:41 pm

@Marlvina, you need to have read the blogpost written on the Otedola’s!!!
      In my opinion I believed the content of post to be true. Blog did not pull any punches, facts, times and places were all disclosed.
      I loved the style of blog on NGL and was rather saddened when blogpost on Otedola’s dissapeared as the assumption was that Blogowner had been settled which brought blogs credibility into doubt. All comments asking why post was removed were ignored.
      This new development though…
      If that blog was truly used to exhort money, they deserved what they got.
      Though all this development seems bit too convenient and scripted.
      In the interim blog is still running, though people comment that the written style has changed, maybe other party now writing the posts!
      I just wonder has this guy been tortured to ‘confess’

• Ellena

October 27, 2016 at 10:27 am

I believe this guy was tortured to say those things, I don’t trust Naija police one bit.
      I wish I had read the story on Otedola earlier, now NGL is gone to be missed by ME. sad
      I won’t be surprised if SDK is linked to NGL tho, I don’t trust that woman but in the mean time, I will just watch as events unfold….

• Missappleberry

October 27, 2016 at 6:39 am

Chei! You missed! That blog had some juicy stories though. I can still remember the Otedola story before it was taken down. BN won’t post my comments if I write it here but I think naijagistlive kept most runs girls and married men/women in check. There will never be another blog like that. Sometimes they even had nude pictures of the ladies they were writing about just to back up their stories. I’m sure most ladies whose stories were posted there would be doing thanksgiving in church now cos the blog was like a pain in the ass and they must have done a lot to make sure those responsible were caught. Overall, there were sometimes the blog was also full of malicious false stories especially on the comment section. Had this bitter sweet relationship with that blog. It will surely be missed.

• Jay

October 27, 2016 at 3:35 pm

People like Nara Ozim, Cy, Freda Francis, Vera Sidika and co (non elites with bad rep) can finally go to bed in peace. Cause that blog finished them and exposed all their dirty little secrets. Even some elites will be happy.

9. Wunmi

October 27, 2016 at 12:28 am

Please what exactly is the gist abt otedola,Nana and their son? *lost* ?

• fagba

October 27, 2016 at 10:34 am

pls someone shud give us the gist abt Otedola. Pity I didn’t read before the post was taken down

• Smokescreen

October 27, 2016 at 7:42 pm

It wasn’t about the son. In talking about Nana they mentioned her relatioship with her son.. I think they were quite sensitive when talking about the son and even suggested maybe seeing him as a blessing and helping others in the same situation. The story seems to be getting twisted daily. Yesterday it was ‘they said femi was sleeping with girls in his office’

Blatant PR damage control…
      You’ll read it yourself one day I’m sure as there are many screen shots posted on different websites..

10. Adults united

October 27, 2016 at 1:07 am

I wonder sometimes if some people were raised by wolves. We draw a line at children. COME ON!!!! His sisters are adults, they can take it. He’s just a lovely sweet boy who didn’t deserve such. That garbage site should be taken down. Even Linda has stopped peddling garbage.

11. Say None

October 27, 2016 at 1:28 am

@adults united, i totally agree with you, that baboon threw caution into the wind and he should be punished. There are some lines u don’t cross, it was barbaric, family is sacred!. We must learn how to protect and respect family units in our society. He should be severely punished.

• Tosin

October 27, 2016 at 8:30 am

See you ?

• "changing moniker"

October 27, 2016 at 8:05 pm

What is the gist?

12. Run Mouth

October 27, 2016 at 10:53 am

Some wrote a false news about you, asked you to pay and you paid! Isn’t that dumbshit? There is a truth to every write-up to make anyone wana pay for it to be taken down. If you do a false report about me, ask for money, sure I will get you arrested, charged for damages and jailed. I can’t believe some people will go on believing this news. Naijagistlive.com was exposing them and the only thing to do was hunt and damage their reputation.

13. tj

October 28, 2016 at 2:40 pm

The gist abt ot was long oh, talked abt his affair with tiwa, how. Nana. His wife confronted her, had. Proofs abt cuppy dating dangote, also talked abt ot sleeping with runs gals etc, bn won’t post

14. tj

October 28, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Bn won’t post

15. Amebo

October 28, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Nawa o . is there nobody that can give us the gist or perhaps link us to squatter blogs with screenshots of it? Evry body is gisting abt it, even in my office today. I rly want to see it. If this guy is not the owner NGL should prove it by posting it again. if not na him.

Femi may deserve it but not his son. Pls bloggers expose these he and she goats without dragging their innocent children in, it’s not right.