BN TV

BN TV: Watch Episode 2 of Cornelia O’Dwyer’s “Chick Chat” Live as She Talks Domestic Abuse Signs & More with Orode Uduaghan, Ezinne Alfa and Ini Dima-Okojie

BN TV

On the first segment of this episode, Cornelia O’Dwyer‘s co-hosts Orode Uduaghan, Ezinne Alfa and Ini Dima-Okojie join her to review a listeners letter from one of Cornelia’s favorite podcasts, ‘Dear Sugar’.

The writer solicits the host’s opinion’s on whether he is doing the right thing by continuing in a year plus relationship with a girl he connects with deeply and ignoring what he feels to be totally invented standards of beauty or is physical chemistry the first and most important part of a real relationship. The ladies give their opinions on external and internal standards of beauty.

Our CHICK CHAT hot topic of the day is “A Hungry Man Is An Angry Man”. The story deals with a husband throwing hot ‘Moin-Moin’ at his wife a week after their wedding. They address domestic abuse and the signs most women don’t see before choosing a life partner.

Watch below.

1. Joke

February 1, 2017 at 6:20 am

Like Harrysong said his grandmother says,
    “You don’t live with love. You live with character….”

2. Californiabawlar

February 1, 2017 at 9:18 am

I didn’t know how much I’d missed Cornelia…she’s such a delight!??? I just can’t stop staring at her…plenty homo. Plus she has the skills to get the most out of her guests. Great job! ?

So I’m not sure if y’all are taking feedback, but I’m gon give my 2 cents anyways. The graphics thing can be better, it’s a little amateurish. Instead of the digital ‘kiosk’ and boring fonts, you can do popup texts. If you’re going to keep it as is then choose better fonts. The current one feels like I’m reading a peer reviewed paper, lol. You can watch YouTube channels for ideas…most of those kids out there are doing amazing things! There’s a natural hair babe called efik-something something…not sure, lol. But I watched her video once and was wowed by her graphics.

Back to the topic, Ioved all the contributions. Ini’s bit at the end made me love her more. Moinmoin lady needs to have a stern convo with her husband. Tell him it’s unacceptable and it will not be accepted again.
    Oh I also love Dear Sugar! I only read the summary on NPR newsfeed sha. Will start listening now.
    Great job! All the best ?

3. Olufunke Ilori

February 1, 2017 at 9:20 am

But seriously though, why is this topic a discussion amongst single ladies?!

• Lori

February 1, 2017 at 10:59 am

What makes this topic so exclusive to married women! It’s so obvious that Orode was the primary focus as the married one.

• The Bull

February 1, 2017 at 1:45 pm

why cant single women discuss it? is it not single women that will marry or aspire to marry one day? dont come with this you have to experience it before you talk about it first. because it is a flawed argument.

4. Sonia Paloma

February 1, 2017 at 11:21 am

I actually enjoyed this and Cornelia is always gorgeous

5. Chynwa

February 1, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Nice to see u again Cornelia. Missed u. Please can we talk abt work next time? isnor every time husband husband. Please epp

6. ec

February 1, 2017 at 1:17 pm

initially I thought it was too long, but time flew bye. well done ladies.

7. wendu

February 1, 2017 at 7:51 pm

very interesting

8. Nitomeya

February 2, 2017 at 3:18 pm

This was very interesting and informative. As a guy I don’t give nor accept (Physical, Emotional and Verbal) abuse from anyone . I simply can’t take it and will also advise that no one else accepts it.
    If there is a problem try and resolve it amicably rather than acting out in a strange manner (Hitting, Neglect, Shutting down, Withdrawing, Bruising etc) . Physical violence can easily be spotted as it leaves a mark on the body however emotional abuse can’t be spotted easily but it destroys the mind and self esteem of an individual.