Music

Rest in Peace Eric: Countless Tributes pour in for Gospel Musician Eric Arubayi

BellaNaija.com

The Nigerian entertainment industry is in mourning over the untimely death of Eric Arubayi. Gospel musician Eric was well loved by all, beyond his commercial career as a musician, he was a popular worship leader at the House on the Rock Church and also shared his music worship ministry across the nation whenever he performed.

Eric was introduced to Nigerians on Idols West Africa.

See tributes to Eric below.
We continue to pray for his wife Chinonso and son.

Uche Nnaji
Eric! Eric!! Eric !!! We have tried rejecting this news since yesterday, waiting & HOPING for you to just wake up from this deep SLEEP so you may continue with your LIFE’s journey , but waking up this MORNING to find out our close FRIENDS have waited all night for you to ARISE but you OBVIOUSLY prefer the OTHER side to this MADNESS we call Earth .
Eric it’s just been 10yrs friendship,dating back the day Yourself ,Timi , Omawunmi and other walked into our little Maryland OUCHlet after the white West African Idols Toyota bus dropped you guys off at mine for STYLING. since then we have all chased our hustle , The distractions were much to do other Genres of MUSIC but you said you just wanted to WORSHIP God with your music.
We progressed from Bachelorhood and became husband and then FATHERS. Eric you need to see the way Jayden looks at my daughter Ophelia whenever Nonso your beautiful and pleasant wife brings him over to our house.
Eric it was only you who kept reminding and HARASSING me that I can’t let my musical gift just slide and which we always laughed over it, Eric I still remember late 2015 when you called me up on stage to do a song along with you…So we won’t share such moment again? ??? ?
we never had the opportunity to have that PHOTOSHOOT for OUCH…would I easily forgive myself for been too busy to make that happen?
Journey well my brother and FRIEND.
But wait…Would MALARIA have snatched Eric from us at such a young Age in a Delta-state Hospital if PUBLIC officials didn’t STEAL the monies, but had JUDICIOUSLY used such funds provided to make available BASIC and GOOD MEDICARE in that state for that purpose?

#EnoughIsEnough #GiceUsGoodGovernance #medicare #hospitals #Water #light #roads #

Kelvin Sapp
Eric is among one of the guys who has kept asking me to relocate to lagos fully and most times I just tell him “Oga no worry I dey come cut the session with you soonest” Eric will tell me oh boy no joke with the malachi oh” We meet last in December,had a wonderful service at CGMI egiyere zonal HQT warri,cool guy that does not know how to form when he is with his hommies. We disturbed the service sha,himself @youngchiefyic nd I. It was so inspiring and fun that day with him and Eric has this unique pitch sha??nd because we always meet at #lagoswedding where he would take a session of worship before opening prayers. I had to nickname him #theweddingworshipper. Rest in God’s bossom .

Ayodotun Rotimi-Akinfenwa
This is how I remember you, playful, mischievous but kind, ministry-minded ? Heart so heavy… all I can think of are his wife and little boy… Rest well Eric, in His bosom!

Peggy Ovire
I can’t believe it, I choose Not to accept, You were Such a pleasant fellow from Abraka Days , A strong believer of Christ & Am So heart broken this Morning ?….. May you Rest In Peace Brotherly #Gone2soon#Eric#Rip????

Tim Godfrey
Your smile was like a bright light!!!!
Rest #Eric
God knows best!!!

Gaise Baba
Last time we saw was at Pita’s As I Am concert. Such a beautiful soul, you didn’t need to be really close to see it.
Good night brother, see you on the other side of eternity.
Praying God comes through mightily as a rock for your wife and son.
#EricArubayi
Friends, May we make the most of our time on this earth.

Goodnight brother. We met few times, very few times, but always so kind. That smile. The warmth.
My memory of you IS an inspiration, Eric.

Heaven just increased in beauty!

#EricArubayi

Lepacious Bose
I am posting this video with trembling hands: I literally went to bed on top of the world and the bitter news of your death, knocked me flat, and put the world right on top of me. I had to scroll through the pages of mutual friends to believe it…… Who are we to ask why? You lived right and did right, proclaimed Christ and carried his name like a banner for all to see…..
Today Lord my heart is so very heavy… Help me to hold on to my faith and the truth that you are a good God….. The voices I hear in my head says otherwise, my tears say different but my spirit knows your word. Help me to believe and trust you right now cos my faith is so weak and fragile and my flesh is weak.
Renew my strength Lord, restore my joy, renew my mind and remind me once again of your goodness and love
Eric…. Oh dear Eric….. Heaven received an angel…. But everywhere suddenly seen darker as the world lost a bright shining star…….. It is well…. I have to keep saying this today…. It is indeed well.

Praiz
This was the first day we met… the idols audition … i didn’t mKe it but u did … even after making it big u took me along..
You gave me hope that i cud succeed… treated me like a brother .. seeing u on tv sing and smile gave my heart a lift and hope …
I remember when u wud call me to tell me u were coming to abuja and invite me.. U made me feel like i was a star..introduced me to everyone…
And when i was leaving back to Kaduna ,u will give me alot of money and clothes.. i never thought i wud have.. I remember when u forced @omawonder to make me sing cos i didnt make it to the idols show…
You taught me how to sing in falsetto… i never thought it was possible cos of my voice texture… u pushed me and taught me how. …..ERIC ?

Yolanda Okereke
M.A.N.O.F.G.O.D.

If only my tears could bring you back

There is no #YolandaOkereke without You

There is no #theRANIcompany without You

I can’t describe my Journey without You

I can’t write my Story without You

#EROMAK
Was like my walk in closet
You gave me full access
You never said NO to me
A stranger I was
A brother you were
Thank You Eric for all You did for Me

One of the few Great People in the world …I didn’t celebrate you enough
I didn’t celebrate you enough in my Life… R.E.S.T.

Adesua Etomi
Your Kindness…I Remember Your Kindness And That Smile Of Yours…
And Your Voice..How Can We Ever Forget That Voice…
Sleep Well Eric
???

1. Eve

February 12, 2017 at 9:05 am

Omg! What happened. RIP Eric.?

2. Chu

February 12, 2017 at 9:35 am

Truth is I didnt know Eric, but reading all the comments about him I’m happy for him cos he is in a better place.
    I just wish that I live my life in such a way that when I’m gone these kind of things would be said about me.
    May the Holy Spirit comfort his family in this time of grief and give them a reason to smile again.

3. B

February 12, 2017 at 9:40 am

In fact I had to shout out ‘what!!!!’. Look at 2017 taking people already. So unbelievable. I had always admired Eric. May God comfort his friends and family and may his beautiful soul rest in peace.

4. Tatafo!

February 12, 2017 at 9:52 am

Honestly this is so heartbreaking. He was taken too soon but the testimony of all around him goes to show the great legacy he has left. May God comfort his family and friends, thank God he used the talent God gave him well.

5. Halimat

February 12, 2017 at 10:15 am

Saw all these tribute on instagram and I felt so bad even if I didn’t know him.He had such a cute wife and son. This made me start thinking about how we don’t really appreciate the people in our lives until we realise they are no more. one word of compliment won’t hurt, one call to appreciate won’t hurt, one call to encourage won’t hurt but most times we are busy forming busy. Some friends won’t even like your pictures online, some will not even call on your birthday. Please let’s try to appreciate and encourage one another while we are still alive

6. JBoy

February 12, 2017 at 10:20 am

Pls do correct; he was introduced to Nigerians on West African Idols. Same edition that gave us Timi and Omawumi and not “Eric was introduced to Nigerians on Project Fame West Africa”…

Rest in Peace Eric. I’ve always been a fan…sad news…

• Noms

February 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Idols West Africa not Project Fame

7. E-O

February 12, 2017 at 11:47 am

West African Idols not Project Fame. RIP Eric. ???

8. fancynancy

February 12, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Uche Nnaji forever name dropping! Something about this tribute just rubs me off the wrong way. Talking about Ouch and hastaging roads, water, etc. I remember when he gave a testimony at HOTR and even Pst Paul had to cut him off abruptly.
    R.I.P Eric .. you had an amazing voice.

• ceetoo

February 13, 2017 at 9:52 am

Come on.. that is not fair. His tribute was just ok. People grieve differently… that is how and what he remembers of the guy. More so yes, bad roads, no water, bad governance is what is killing us and in this case poor government regulation also killed this guy (if what we are hearing about use of fake drugs for malaria is true).

… may we the youth stand up against those that are killing us and not letting us live long enough to see our children grow.

RIP Eric… May your wife and kid be consoled.

9. Nkem

February 12, 2017 at 12:48 pm

I didn’t know you personally but on project fame. You sang with so much soul and spirit , it was a shock to see this story today and it has made me ponder again on life. I pray for your wife and child, no one can console them but God. Father lord please stand by them now and always amen.

Rest in peace Eric, u made your mark and in death u also have made marks.

Lives will be saved from hell today cos your death will make many rethink their path.

I wish you safe trip to God’s bossom and may your legacy never die

God bless the family

10. Stanlee Ohikhuare

February 12, 2017 at 1:08 pm

This is sad. Thinking about his wife and kid right now. I am comforted by the words in the scriptures that say “to live is Christ and to die is gain” Eric, may your seed never lack helpers.
    Thanks for living a praise worthy life!
    Rest in Peace bro.

11. nnenne

February 12, 2017 at 1:22 pm

RIP Eric
    Something has to be done about our health care system and fast too.
    Young men and women, with so much potentials dropping dead like chickens. Sad!

12. Samuel

February 12, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Eric’s death just makes me very sad. I’ve been thinking about him all yesterday, his death is too shocking. Just like the young pilot(I forgot his name) that passed away. Examples of why do the good young ones have to die.
    It’s unbelievable.
    Rest in peace, Eric. God give his wife the strength that she needs. Bless his child(ren). God you know best.

13. Victor Adegoke

February 12, 2017 at 2:53 pm

RIP ERIC. My condolences to ur Wife and Son. Let us empty ourselves,by living life worthwhile. Only God knows Next.

14. k..man

February 12, 2017 at 4:03 pm

and all dis pipo cud not check on him, cud not seek for public prayers when he was down… hypocrisy remembrance

15. Idomagirl

February 12, 2017 at 4:38 pm

?????????

16. stefini

February 12, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Eric had an awesome voice,he sings in majestic manner,whoa i can”t believe he is gone,can’t believe i won”t see him anymore at the House on the Rock stage….this is really sad Rest in Peace dear and May God give your family the strength to bear this loss.

17. Spring

February 12, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Honestly I felt bad. So sad, av bn thinking about Eric since morning I still can’t believe that is gone. My prayers to his family

18. mama zee

February 13, 2017 at 12:28 pm

rest in peace ERIC ! But this should sound a note of warning to those of us that take expiry dates for granted and the vendors that manipulate expiry date, please the producers know the content and therefore are in a better position to know hen its no longer edible. there is no part 2 in life so lets take out time to go through products. one love people

19. Icheyi Nestini

February 13, 2017 at 7:58 pm

This is totally disheartening, crazy and heartbreaking, but journey well bro…depending of the good Lord to grant your wife and kid the fortitude to cope with your demise,

RIP