BN TV

Should the “Home Wife” be threatened by her Partner’s “Office Wife”? WATCH a New Episode of Cornelia O’Dwyer’s “Chick Chat Live”

BN TV

It’s time for another episode of “Chick Chat Live”.

In the first segment, host Cornelia O’Dwyer’s guests (Irene Syrimis, Tseshe Doyle-Egunjobi, Kaylah Oniwo) and her discuss whether they are “tensioned” or threatened by a partner’s “Office Wife”. They discuss the boundaries around such relationships and whether or not how you dress helps you mark your territory with your significant other.

The Chick Chat hot topic is “It No Longer Takes A Village to Raise A Child“.

Two friends are in a dispute over a reactionary slap a child received after a misdemeanour. A poorly behaved little boy punches his mother’s friend in the boobs at a mutual friend’s child’s birthday party. He is met with an unintentional backhand that led him to tears and riled up his mother. The mother of the boy fails to admonish her child instead she turns on the friend for putting hands on her child. How do you respond when a child has a parent present who does not respond in a way that you are comfortable with?

Watch below.

1. me to you

February 7, 2017 at 3:03 pm

slap.. finish

2. ec

February 7, 2017 at 3:49 pm

i leave other people’s children because nothing gets done. the parents are the first to deny their child’s bad behavior. the child will suffer for it later

3. Officegini

February 7, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Office husband or wife is such a stupid term, any body who is daft enough to walk around having an “office spouse” or being someone’s office spouse needs a reset slap. What level of boundary crossing is that? I do not think it is cute. I have never met a man who takes kindly to his wife’s office husband. That term grinds my gears.

A slap is too much, correct the child yes but please do not hit someone elses child. If that child faints there what will you do. I will correct a child and hand them over to the parent, if the parent should vex then that will be the end of their childs relationship with mine. More than likely that child is not one that will respond to correction and I can not be tip toeing around a child in my own space biko.

I apologize for the extreme views. The recession might be making me jumpy. Peace and love everyone!

4. Chu

February 7, 2017 at 4:25 pm

I know one like that and it irritates me to see them, cos I know If I were the wife I won’tfind it funny at all. The strange thing is that when the actual wife comes, office wife will stay back, she is not friends with the wife. That to me is dangerous cos it means emotions can develop and emotional cheating is almost as bad as physical cheating.
    I see nothing wrong in being friends with the opposite sex, but please incorporate the spouse, then it becomes a family friend thing.

5. omalicha

February 7, 2017 at 5:59 pm

They are not extreme biko, they are sensible.

6. Nuna

February 8, 2017 at 8:53 am

Biko what is office wife?