BN TV

BN TV: This Nigerian Family’s appearance on the Family Feud Game Show was too Funny! | Watch

BN TV

A Nigerian family, the Obus, was recently on an American TV game show “Family Feud” hosted by comedian Steve Harvey and it was lit!

Steve Harvey felt their last name was a bit odd, especially as one of the children’s name was “Obu, Obu, Obu” (first name, middle name and last name) but the family wasn’t having any of it! Right before the games started they had a little performance and as per usual represented Nigeria well.

This family certainly deserves their own TV show.

Watch!

1. Disguised

March 1, 2017 at 11:21 am

Lovely family full of confidence. Love love love to you guys x

2. shior

March 1, 2017 at 11:21 am

the Obus, i loved them. sooo funny

3. Marian

March 1, 2017 at 11:43 am

Jor o! The obus? I hope they won.

I don’t understand why some parents do that name thing and It’s not just an African thing. I’ve met people from all over with the same first and last name. Why? Names too plenty for that kind thing now.

• Becca

March 1, 2017 at 1:20 pm

I know a chap with the same first & middle same – john john then his surname.

4. keke driver

March 1, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Amazing…I enjoyed every sec of it.

5. EE

March 1, 2017 at 12:12 pm

The Father say Anyim Pius Anyim and thought to himself, I topping that!

• EE

March 1, 2017 at 12:13 pm

*saw Anyim.

edit button.

6. Smackdown

March 1, 2017 at 12:24 pm

Good thing the last letter is a U and not an O. try edplaining that name to Steve Harvey ?

• Smackdown

March 1, 2017 at 12:25 pm

“explaining”

7. Victor Adegoke

March 1, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Funny Family!
    You can invest in ibeju-lekki which is the New Lagos and priority of the Lagos State govt by buying fluorish Royal Garden for 850k per plot. It is owned by Revolution Plus. It has excision in progress. 5 minutes Drive from la Campagne Tropicana. Contact Segun on 08052467442 for details.

8. Tri.

March 1, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Loved it!

9. Peter

March 1, 2017 at 1:34 pm

They rock that song shaaaaa

10. Ajala & Foodie

March 1, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Am I the only one that it bothers when people try to speak like “Africans” (like Steve tried to on the show)? First, Africa is a continent and we don’t all have the same language or accent, i.e, there is nothing like “sounding African”. It is just retarded!!! I have seen that a lot on American TV and it definitely rubs me the wrong way…Mandela impersonator sounds the same way as some random Boko Haram impersonator. SMH!!!

• Odi

March 1, 2017 at 3:39 pm

I actually think Steve Harvey is kinda racist towards Africans. If that had been an African-American family, he would’ve been all jovial and would’ve laughed and laughed and definitely would have cracked so many jokes to them and their father but you could tell he was barely even looking at these guys. Kinda like he was just making an effort. And this is not the first time I’m seeing him being cold shouldered to Africans. And don’t even get me started on the accent thing he did. You can’t tell me that for someone who never runs out of stuff to say that was the best he could come up with.

• 2pac

March 2, 2017 at 12:51 am

Odi most, if not all African Americans hate Africans a lot, they can tolerate Mexicans, Asians etc than Africans. So that’s not strange at all. They don’t even hide it. When I came to America newly, it was the whites that helped me stand on my feet, even though some of them are racist, but African Americans are worse racist than whites especially towards Africans. And Steve Harvey kisses white people’s ass a lot.

• Chioma

March 2, 2017 at 1:58 pm

@odi
      Well maybe they are still upset, salty their own brothers and sisters sold their grandparents into slavery. And there’s not been any apology or reconciliation.

I wouldn’t say racist, more of prejudice and ignorance.

• Lolo 1

March 3, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Please take several seats and one stool. Its not that serious.

• tunmi

March 1, 2017 at 3:46 pm

(sigh) yes I find it bothersome too.

• Ezinne

March 1, 2017 at 4:17 pm

The thing is the East and Southern African accents are the most popular in other parts of the world. Meaning, these have been made possible through Movies, documentaries, etc which usually find their way the western world more than anything with the Nigerian accent which isnt ,in some cases, as defined as theirs(East and South), due to the many cultures and tribal intonations we have as a people.
      No need to find it offensive. Its not their fault. Its just the best impersonation they can come up with because that is what they know.
      If you want to blame any one for their ignorance i think we(Nigerians) should take the blame

11. Single mingle

March 1, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Is Obu single

12. Oscar

March 1, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Oh relax….it’s not that serious

• Tinuke

March 1, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Oscar. Ode ni e
      it is that serious.

• "changing moniker"

March 1, 2017 at 5:36 pm

hahaha

13. Karen Jones

March 1, 2017 at 11:57 pm

I love it
    I love it
    I love it

14. Dr. Isaac

March 7, 2017 at 8:40 pm

I was so happy watching them on the web. Proudly Nigerian!