Cucumber African Salad is a great way to enjoy Nigerian Abacha or the Classic African Salad if you are on a low carb diet.
With Cucumber African Salad, the classic taste is intact, you will not even notice that the Abacha has been replaced with cucumber!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 cups ugba (ukpaka)
- 2 cooking spoons red palm oil
- A tiny quantity Powdered Potash (food tenderizer) See video below
- Half of a smoked mackerel
- Half of one red onion
- Salt and habanero pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 1 small stock cube (Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon ground Ehu seeds (Calabash Nutmeg)
- Garden Egg leaves (alternative spinach)
Watch the video below for the recipe. Enjoy the Cucumber African Salad on it’s own or with any Nigerian staple of your choice.