BN TV

“Follow your passion is the stupidest advice ever” Dr Tayo Oyedeji speaks with Mr FAB on Under 40 CEOs | Watch on BN TV

This episode features Dr Tayo Oyedeji who was recently appointed Managing Director for Starcom MediaVest South Africa whilst also heading Publicis Media Africa and as at the time of the taping of this interview was the Managing Director for Media Perspectives Limited, a leading Media Independent in Nigeria.

He holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Ilorin. He also holds a Doctorate in Media Management from the University of Missouri-Columbia, USA and an MBA in General Management from Oxford University, UK.

Tayo was also an Assistant Professor of Media Management and Economics at the University of Georgia, USA for three years, and is an accomplished media scholar whose research on branding and brand equity management has been published in reputable journals like the American Behavioural Scientists, The International Journal on Media Management, and The Journal of Media Business Studies.

Watch!

1. Anne

April 25, 2017 at 1:47 pm

A Nigerian doing well on South Africa. People are human beings first.

2. EbonyFre

April 25, 2017 at 3:10 pm

That follow your passion hype ehn.
    What if you haven’t even figured out what it is

• Chinny Okafor

April 25, 2017 at 6:29 pm

It’s not just a thing per say, I believe haven run my business for a while, that you bring passion to whatever work you choose to do. I could forget about anything when am working on an idea, I like to strategize, give life to things, Imagine me following strategy. What did I do, I look for a vehicle and brought my gift and love and a strong desire for design and building things to bear.

3. Chinny Okafor

April 25, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Totally agree with him, Even wrote and article on it. You don’t follow your passion, you bring passion to the work you choose to do. A lot of people are stuck because the have bought that hoax, My take is to decide on the work you want to do and put in the work, passion grows as you work and if you find that you don’t love it and give it your best, shut it down and move.

4. Abdullah

April 25, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Nice content.

5. Great Grace

April 26, 2017 at 3:14 am

Just came across Under 40 CEOs for the first time with this personality but ended up watching 6 episodes back to back! So inspiring! Thank you Bella for putting this on my radar! I am the better for it.