Scoop

Senegalese Model Khoudia Diop Serves Melanin Goddess Vibes as She Celebrates Senegal’s Independence Day

Khoudia Diop serves all kinds of golden melanin gorgeousness for her tribute to her country Senegal on their Independence Day.

The shoot which is titled Nyenyo (The blacksmiths and metalworkers of the Senegalese caste system) was inspired by the Senegal’s Independence Day and saw Khoudia transform into a Wolof woman while trying to share her culture, heritage and the beauty of Senegal. The model said,

My Senegalese roots mean so much to me… It’s very personal. I love my country, my culture, my heritage. It is home and also a major part of who I am. I discovered so much about myself, and my culture has had a huge impact and importance on my journey of self-love… From loving my upbringing to the bullying then seeing the world outside of Senegal. Are there things I would change? Sure! But there are also certain things I cherish about being a Senegalese (Wolof woman).

Credit
Photography: Islandboi Photography
Makeup: Moshoodat
Model: Khoudia Diop

1. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

April 5, 2017 at 1:14 pm

The lady is beautiful, just don’t understand why she uses makeup that makes her darker than she is . Checked out some of her other photo’s and she isn’t this black

• RIFF RAFF

April 5, 2017 at 1:43 pm

She is THAT dark. I have seen many random, out of the studio pictures of her. If there are pictures where she doesn’t appear so “dark”, it’s because of studio lights. The woman is MIDNIGHT black….clean, polished black.
      There is another 17 year old model like that from South Sudan, Nyla Lueeth, blacker than this Diop chic ,her IG handle is purp alpaga. The girl black with purple undertones and has a barbie doll face….

• Jive

April 5, 2017 at 2:34 pm

*Purp alpaca*

2. Felinda

April 5, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Black Beauty. I think Senegal and South Sudan have such beautifull black skin and beautiful white teeth. I admire them

So unique/

3. gbaskelebo still evolving

April 5, 2017 at 6:37 pm

I finally see my colour in somebody else.

4. funmilola

April 5, 2017 at 8:07 pm

when you see beauty like this, you’ve just got to praise God!

5. Ameh's Love

April 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Even if i decide to change everything about my personality,changing my skin pigmentation will be miles from the transition #BlackProudGirl #ProudIdomaGirl

6. Cynthia Edwards

April 28, 2018 at 12:28 am

This lady is very beautiful. To me this should show other African American women you don’t have to be “light skinned” to be beautiful!!!! Black women be proud of your heritage, and stop trying to look white!!!!