BN TV

Singer Jodie Opens Up about Going through Traumatic Childbirth, Her Son being Diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy & More in New Interview

BN TV

In an emotional interview with Linda Ikeji TV, Nigerian singer Jodie Great opens up about her new life as a mum. You may remember her as J’odie from her hit song “Kuchi Kuchi”, over the last 2 years, she has kept a lower profile and now she has revealed why.

From her childbirth experience that put her between life and death, to her son being diagnosed with cerebral palsy, to taking care of a child born with special needs and a whole lot more.

We can’t help but admire her strength and poise! She’s such an inspiration.

Watch interview below

1. Marie Antoinette

April 15, 2017 at 7:54 am

Wow!!! Jodie God is fighting for you indeed! You are a SUPER MUM! You believed God’s report not the doctors’ and your son has celebrated his first birthday, he will surely celebrate his second and many more…God will continue to strengthen you, amen.

That studio backdrop needs to be straightened or changed. It is distracting…

• Fleur

April 15, 2017 at 10:49 pm

A lot of work to be a mom to a special needs child. I admire your courage. But, for the next time you are pregnant, Lissencephaly is the result of impaired neuronal migration between weeks 12 to 24 of gestation. I dont know the triggers but you should ask in case you would need to take vitamins/supplements the next time around. Take care and continue to be the strong woman you are. God is carrying you.

2. Marie Antoinette

April 15, 2017 at 8:01 am

And the idiotic husband ran…COWARD!

3. L

April 15, 2017 at 8:30 am

The presenter…??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

4. Mee

April 15, 2017 at 9:23 am

Hmm I can’t imagine all you have and are going through Jodie, I pray for strength for you , it can be overwhelming caring for a special child, may God keep him dear and provide the right resources to take care of him

5. Oyinlola

April 15, 2017 at 9:40 am

The irony is that she was a virgin until she met him. He knocked her up, got married and left her when times are hard.
    At the end of the day, not all marriages will last forever but the child is yours, if she can’t talk about you supporting her on air then she’s not getting support from you for your son which is a huge shame.

It’s a trend I’ve noticed. Most men who have kids with cerebral palsy or other needs ain’t really involved. It is well. I pray she continues to recieve all the support she needs.

6. adelegirl

April 15, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Oh Jodie! It is well with you. Your honesty is so refreshing and admirable. Looking forward to you releasing your songs from the place of trial. I know it will bless so many people. Wish you all the best and the wisdom, Grace and strength to not just live but thrive and help your cute (he is cute. I’m not just saying to make you feel good. I’ve seen his pictures on your IG) special son thrive as well is yours, you wont lack. I sense a very powerful testimony coming your way. *hugs*

• nene

April 15, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Amen!

7. nene

April 15, 2017 at 12:51 pm

this is so sad. she shouldn’t have married that rubbish boy David Nnaji. Actor that had nothing to show. I hope she finds strength to move on.

8. Lailatu

April 15, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Wow didn’t know all that about Jodie. I’m so impressed, looks really can be deceiving. God bless you and your baby boy.

9. o

April 15, 2017 at 8:14 pm

To think she is now going through it alone hurts. May God continually be your strength. I admire you

10. Tosin

June 5, 2017 at 2:38 am

Love ’em both. :*

11. e

December 20, 2017 at 12:10 am

Saw your hubby and wondered where you are. A search led me here…. Smh..Who would have thought so much pain would create so much strength and maturity. You’re so different… God bless you. So much..