BN TV

Watch Part 1 of Kemi Adetiba’s ‘King Women’ Interview with Tara Fela-Durotoye on BN TV

BN TV

Kemi Adetiba‘s “King Women  in collaboration with Accelerate TV, is here.

“King Women” is an interview-based series by Kemi Adetiba, featuring Nigeria’s powerful women of veteran and champion status, as they tell their stories, like never heard before.

You may know Tara Fela-Durotoye as the beauty mogul that heads the House Of Tara brand, but do you know the depth of her story?

Join Kemi Adetiba in uncovering the deepest parts of Tara’s early life up until her current state of success, as she bares it all and talks family feuds, neglect, and much more.

Watch

1. get your eye test done today

April 17, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Heartfelt, honest interview! There is NO excuse to neglect your child(ren). I was looking for every excuse for your mum Tara, but when you said she only visited you ONCE in boarding school! Unacceptable!

2. Viv

April 17, 2017 at 4:21 pm

My Data well spent#i just love her

3. Adi

April 17, 2017 at 6:17 pm

This is the only avenue where I can say this without been judged. But the truth is that I HATE MY MOTHER. I hate her so much the thought of seeing her not to talk of speaking to her gets me angry. She neglected me when I needed her the most even when I tried to tell her I was been sexually abused under her nose she would never listen but instead still beat me. Even after years and the bastard who raped me came forward to apologise this woman had the guts to forgive him and still serve him food in our house. Her reason was that God forgives us all so why shouldn’t we forgive ourselves and what happens to me was not a big deal and life goes on. She blackmails me saying how she stood in a violent marriage with my father because of me and how she wishes she had left me with my father and his family not like I like my father or anything as I hate him equally as well but you would expect your mother to be there for you no matter what. TARA just reaffirmed why I would and should never forgive her even though I still cater for her but she has damaged me so bad I cannot be a normal child again.

• jinkelele

April 20, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Sigh.
      You forgive her for YOURSELF dear.
      You release the hurt so it doesn’t ruin all you could be.
      You don’t have to be close to her or force a relationship but do this for you, for your children if you have any, for your other relationships.

E-hugs

4. ola

April 17, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Very deep interview…

5. me

April 17, 2017 at 10:04 pm

she’s simply amazing!

6. Chi

April 17, 2017 at 10:15 pm

It’s funny how I’ve always been a fan from a far but this interview just made me feel better. Tara is amazing. I love the interview.

7. jinkelele

April 18, 2017 at 1:25 am

This is the kind of series you keep as a box set.
    Kemi…take note.
    Known Tara for years, thank you for being gracious enough to share your truth.

8. mba mba mba

April 18, 2017 at 1:44 am

wow! simply mind blowing! moral of the story….. don’t whine over your present situation, simply dust yourself up and move on!

9. Shalewa

April 18, 2017 at 3:44 am

She speaks so well. Beautiful session. I wouldn’t blame her mother though. It’s like she was helpless against the father’s insistence to keep the children with him. On another issue, i don’t see much of her work on SM the way we see BMPro. I suggest they work on that. God bless you lady.

10. yummymummycumchick

April 19, 2017 at 12:43 pm

behind every dope woman is a deep story!