Scoop

Anticipate! Filming for Wedding Party 2 has Started Featuring Sola Sobowale, Adesua Etomi, Dakore Egbuson Akande, Omoni Oboli & More

BellaNaija.com

CEO of EbonyLife TV Mo Abudu has just shared some good news that has left us very excited and eager!

The media entrepreneur took to her Instagram to reveal that filming for part 2 of the record-breaking film Wedding Party has begun!

The film which is being directed by Niyi Akinmolayan and the DOP being Malcolm McLean will feature the original cast, such as Sola Sobowale, Adesua Etomi, Banky W, RMD, Ireti Doyle as well as new cast members Dakore Egbuson Akande, ChiGul, Omoni Oboli, Seyi Law and a host of many others.

Photo Credit: Instagram | @moabudu

1. Zee

May 2, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Kemi Adetiba is not directing it? Pfft! Kmt.?

2. Beeeee

May 2, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Isn’t this too soon? I hope greed doesn’t make them rush out and give us a sub standard movie because they think it would break box office records like the first one. I hope they have a kick ass script and not some rushed thing.

3. SoniaPaloma

May 2, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Part two? i really don’t know how that movie got all that hype because the trailer was more interesting than the movie itself. it was below average to me. Story line and some of the acting was just blahhh
    My opinion 🙂

• July

May 2, 2017 at 2:36 pm

God bless you.

• ob

May 2, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Truly it is a disappointing movie. Nigerians can praise mediocrity.

• Corolla

May 2, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I thought it was only me o. The movie was blah, and the audio quality wasn’t great.

• LOL

May 2, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Well spoken, only thing going for that film was the picture quality.
      It had no storyline or plot, it viewed like video coverage of an average upper class Nigerian wedding. It was like reading a copy of Ovation back in the day, All pretty pics and no substance.

• Nene

May 2, 2017 at 10:33 pm

It was not a good movie

• Ottawa Queen

May 2, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Okay! Since I haven’t seen the movie yet, I think from this thread of comments, I don’t need to watch out for part 2.

• Sunshiney

May 3, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I agree with your statement, 100%!!!

4. Odididi

May 2, 2017 at 3:23 pm

You people don’t get it. Mo Abudu’s movies may not be the all time best story lines eh but she just has an eye for quality and class. I watched wedding party at d cinema whch shld be d best way possible one can enjoy it. To me the movie was classy. Just staring at the faces of the actors and the whole serenre in d movie made it for me.

5. yummymummycumchick

May 2, 2017 at 3:46 pm

greed is d motive now oo. i hp the sequence wont b a messed up thing

• Osogagba

May 2, 2017 at 4:30 pm

I am sure you meant SEQUEL.

6. Nne

May 2, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Let me guess. Part 2 storyline: The oyibo gbegiri loving babe ties the knot with the elder brother. We can hype for Africa sha part 1 was not IT at all biko. Aunty Mo, please take the time and strengthen the script. Pick actors that can really act, forming actor is not the same as acting. We want to praise and watch good movies not manage barely above mediocre movies.

7. John obi

May 2, 2017 at 4:07 pm

H’abeg keep it. Is not by force.

8. Munachimso

May 2, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Lolol.. Part 2? Of what exactly.. I don’t think it’s necessary.. But anything for the money, right??

9. isaobi

May 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I like some of the works of the director, Niyi Akinmolayan but for this part two of the record breaking film, I am worry for him because he may not meet people’s expectations. They would compare his style with that of Kemi Adetiba. His film is better be a monster hit or else ……….

10. AnnieRose

May 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Nigerians smh. Sad thing is same people complaining above will still go and watch the movie hence enriching Mo’s POCKET. We are very good with words but poor on action. Why do you think she made all that money and is even shooting a part 2. if the movie was so bad , how come it grossed over 200million naira?. After seeing “”Fifty”, i swore off any Ebony-life Movie Production. Mo and her team will just be laughing their heads off these complaints or reviews. This time maybe they’ll make 400 million naira. Same with our political system. High-time we start aligning our thoughts(words) with our actions.

• Oj

May 2, 2017 at 5:13 pm

They actually made 450 million naira!! Mo said it herself

• tunmi

May 2, 2017 at 5:50 pm

I disagree a teeny bit. Fifty was actually not that bad. It was not outstanding but it was good

• Dolly

May 2, 2017 at 11:10 pm

True, i will take Fifty over this lack-luster, time wasting, over stretched, cliche, no plot movie called wedding party smdfh

11. Ms S

May 2, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I don’t know why we have this problem in Nigeria, can’t we have a good thing, enjoy it & just let it end there?! This film does NOT need a sequel on any level, & definitely not this soon if @ all. I’m pretty sure Kemi opted out for the same reason, girl is looking to win an Oscar, so she’s not looking to make movies just for money, QUALITY is key. Yes Mo has the resources for great quality but c’mon, why not just use a whole new script, there are so many awesome Nigerian stories that can have the same effect TWP had. It’s a tad irritating that she’s trying to milk this “TWP wave” for all its worth. Anyway I really hope the sequel does as well as the 1st even though I really doubt it will, but since I always root for Nollywood, i’ll keep my fingers crossed & hope they make it worth our while. But honestly, let’s take a page from Hollywood & even Bollywood if we ever want to “get there”.

12. Concerned_Boyfriend

May 2, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Some of you don’t get the concept of “Romantic Comedy” …emphasis on comedy!. It’s a parody for crying out loud. Lighten up!. If you take out overly exuberant acting from that Wedding Planner character and not be too critic then you’d enjoy the movie. I like it and I hope they tighten up some the lose ends on their next sequel.

13. Concerned_Boyfriend

May 2, 2017 at 4:42 pm

*not be too critique

14. Deeeva

May 2, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I hate it when they do that!! Why Part 2 na…this is greed oh!! It had better be better than the first one oh!! Yes I enjoyed the first one but please don’t shove a second one up in my face Biko.

15. Ennny Heart Heart

May 2, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Idk but I cannot come and be paying N800 to N1500 for one Nigerian movie wey the only thing pesin go hear na soundtrack all through.

Shioor!! I haven’t even see this one sef talk of part 2.

• funmilola

May 2, 2017 at 8:16 pm

You can conclude for Africa!
      You’re yet to see part one and you’re already complaining….Na wa oooo!

16. john

May 2, 2017 at 5:59 pm

CEO of EbonyLife TVMo Abudu has just shared some good news that hasleft us very excited and eager!………Amechi,welldone sir!

• blackbeatle

May 2, 2017 at 7:34 pm

can you explain what your last line means mr male gossip..lol

17. Lami

May 2, 2017 at 7:21 pm

I enjoyed the movie and won’t mind a sequel

18. nikky

May 2, 2017 at 11:03 pm

The jokes were dry. The acting was cringe worthy with the exception of Shola Shobowale and Ireti.
    I probably would have not cared much if there was no misleading hype. So Issa no for a part 2.

19. Idomagirl

May 4, 2017 at 9:02 pm

I liked part 1 and I’ll watch part 2.
    But this one Kemi isn’t directing…and what exactly is Omoni going to be doing there?