Features

Aunty Bella: Miss My Boyfriend’s Client Sent Him a Message About Her Bra

BellaNaija.com

Aunty Bella is our  agony aunt column on BellaNaija. We launched this column in the early days of BN and periodically feature issues sent in by BN readers.

This story was posted by a BellaNaijarian in another post. We hope the BN family can offer insightful advice.

***
Please I’ve a question. I’m in a very serious relationship now. My boyfriend’s job requires that he deals with plenty male client. Just recently he invited one of this “female client” for a party. She had the audacity to message my boyfriend that “she’s not wearing bra” I found out on his phone. I mean I trust him. But am I over reacting? Help

1. Deleke

May 22, 2017 at 4:41 pm

You sef why you no wear bra?

• T

May 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm

@Deleke, it’s not the writer, another woman sent the msg to her boyfriend, read and understand!!!

• Mawi

May 22, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Loooool.. Smh

2. T

May 22, 2017 at 4:46 pm

No dear, you are NOT over reacting, it is wrong on all levels for another woman to send that kind of msg to your boyfriend. Have you spoken to your bf about it?if he’s getting defensive and saying it’s no big deal, then paint a picture of you texting another guy that you are not wearing panties, and see his reaction,maybe that will let him understand how inappropriate it is. Your boyfriend is supposed to call the woman to order.

3. Deleke

May 22, 2017 at 5:12 pm

My bad. Sorry writer, confront him sharh sharp

4. A Real Nigerian

May 22, 2017 at 5:20 pm

What was your boyfriend’s response? That should let us know whether you’re overreacting or not.
    Or are you trying to protect the image of the man and turn into a woman vs woman thing like Nigerian women do?

• Deleke

May 22, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Real Nigerian, where have you been all this while? I don miss you die

• A Real Nigerian

May 22, 2017 at 5:29 pm

I’ve been making love to my Swedish Prince.

Life without Nigerian Man-Beasts like you and (probably) OP’s boyfriend is glorious.

• Deleke Or A real Nigerian?????

May 22, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Real Nigerian missing yourself? You hv not bn missing or been away. This is where you live now. How many id’s do you have on this blog. ok o.

• Deleke

May 22, 2017 at 10:11 pm

You mean the Swedish blow-up doll?

5. Fabulous

May 22, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Confront your bf. Something maybe going on

6. RESPONSE

May 22, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Hmmmn…what was your boyfriend’s response?how did you see it? did he show it to you?

7. Akara Pancake

May 22, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Unless your boyfriend is a sales-person for Bravissimo or Victoria’s Secret, that text message was a loaded one (no pun intended).

His response as Real Nigerian pointed out will give us the full picture, but I would add that there is no smoke without fire. For a woman to be comfortable enough to discuss the details of the fabric covering her milk factories and mammary glands, then it is possible that she and your man have been talking about those types of things before.

Unless she is really really desperate, he has probably sent her photos of his phallus before, or they have probably talked dirty with each other before.

I will advise the following:

– Dont blame the other woman yet; have a word with your man
    – Dont blame yourself. It is not you, it is them. Or him, Or her.
    – Dont blame your mammary glands. Or lack of. You are beautiful the way you are (unless you are really wowo in real life, and then sorry o!)
    – Always wear bra. Dont be like Becky with the bad fashion choices.
    – Supply more information next time, or else you will get half baked advice like the ones I outlined above.

8. Bad gang

May 22, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Only a real dumb ass would ask what to do in a situation like this

9. LemmeRant

May 22, 2017 at 6:31 pm

Its obvious your boyfriend is a boob man.

• Tosin

May 26, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Just want to say how inspiring this comment has been to me looool. It’s the little things. 😀

10. BK

May 22, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Yes oh….you have overreacted. Please wait till you see a naked picture or a baby bump picture. Then, you can act. #wehdonema

11. student

May 22, 2017 at 7:30 pm

don’t create doubt. just let it slide or talk to him in a calm manner

12. Lipstickalley

May 23, 2017 at 9:56 am

Is it stated in the party invite that wearing a Bra is compulsory, because ayam not understanding her message to your BF. Sooooooo what was Le Boo’s reply? Cos the reply will determine if we are going to war or not!!!

13. Tosin

May 23, 2017 at 12:05 pm

I don’t see why/how a woman in Nigeria who is seeing a Nigerian man can write the following “I’m in a very serious relationship now”
    Please and please, you need to actually calm down. Is it all these our jokesters that you’re giving yourself wahala about? Serious relationship? What in the world does that mean? Maybe YOU are serious lol. Wo, me I can’t. Just chill out, and if you can’t chill out go and marry oyinbo. I have said my own. Ooto oro ma n da bi isokuso.

14. ade

May 23, 2017 at 2:48 pm

is it right to go through your man’s phone?

15. SMH

May 23, 2017 at 9:05 pm

I’m sorry but if your boyfriend invited her, and she was very comfortable to send him a message stating she’s not wearing a bra.. then there is more to this gesture. This was definitely not the first time they have met and gotten this “Friendly”. They have been Sexting long before now or gone as far as being intimate. You have every Right to Over-React, however approach this situation with wisdom and tell ur boyfriend the truth that you found out on his phone.. then watch his reaction. The outcome will determine the Truth behind this ‘Over friendly text message”

16. didi

June 3, 2017 at 12:22 am

Miss writer,u just want to hear our voice( or should I say c our (comments) cos u know how far already. He’s either already cheating on u or the babe is on d verge of seducing him. Act now!