News

My Wife Derives Pleasure in Beating me Up – Man tells Court

An Ibadan Customary Court siting in Mapo on Friday dissolved a 20-year-old marriage between a man and a woman who stabbed her husband with broken bottle.

The President of the Court, Ademola Odunade, said he dissolved the marriage between Abideen and Kudirat “in the interest of peace and order’’.

Odunade said that it was inconceivable that a wife could be so bad to the extent of stabbing her husband with a broken bottle.

“The custody of four out of the five children is hereby awarded to Abideen, while Kudirat is allowed to go with the last, who is still a minor. Abideen shall, however, pay a monthly feeding allowance of N5,000 for the upkeep of the last child,” Odunade said.

Narrating his ordeal, Abideen, a civil servant, explained that his wife derived pleasure in beating him up.

“I have chosen to part ways with Kudirat because she always threatens my life with dangerous weapons. Whenever there is any dispute between us, Kudirat steps forward with rounds of dirty slaps on my face and if she is not satisfied, she resorts into blows and kicks.

A few days ago, Kudirat extended her devilish threat to me when she broke a bottle and tore my flesh to the angry astonishment of everyone. At that stage, I ran to the police for safety and to report her.

Kudirat is such a troublesome and inhuman wife who is never satisfied with any situation. She, however, packed out the following day she stabbed me,” Abideen said..

Kudirat did not deny the allegations levelled against her.

“It is true that I stabbed Abideen, but it was in retaliation to the earlier mark he gave me. He is such an irresponsible husband and his mother is the major cause of our matrimonial problems.

Abideen keeps saying that Ajimobi (Oyo State governor) has not paid him, so he does not provide food or education for the children. Since we got married, we’ve been living in their family house with his parents and other relatives in spite of my complaints.

Even the house is now dilapidated,” she said.

1. Darius

May 27, 2017 at 8:27 am

A wife from hell! This woman must be a feminist! Nigerian women have graduated from assaulting their domestic staff and step children to battering their husbands. How could he let a woman batter him like that? As far as I know, the Nigerian constitution has not outlawed self-defence.

Why wasn’t she charged for domestic violence though? We seriously need to start campaigning for men’s rights. If a man assaults a woman he is demonized and villified, but if a woman does same, everybody turns a blind eye.

• Wendy

May 27, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Gosh!! Then do it and stop yapping your smelly gums! Arrgh! You’ve definitely decided to go full retard. Darius the virus ? No gaddam sense.

Meanwhile Nigerian women can be so violent especially towards maids and children! I wonder what can be done to reorient our people? I’ve always thought it odd that we’ve let it slide for so long.

• Darius

May 27, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Who is this call girl? Shouldn’t you be in the other room servicing your clients? Aren’t you mistaking the smell of your p***y for the smell of my gum. Stop typing ma! Customers are waiting!

• Wendy

May 27, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Hahahaha! That’s all you can come up with? How am I surprised that a proven unintelligent negro like you can’t say anything back without attacking my privates and insinuating that I’m promiscuous? hehehe! Olodo rabata spitting secondary school insults.
      Okay, lets walk through this. You sef think am: If my punani is fresh, and I am not a prostitute, why on earth would do you think I would feel insulted? Oh wait, you don’t think! Typical empty-headed dude who has spent no time working on his social and reasoning skills.
      Since the day your name started recurring on this blog, you have added no significant contribution to any discourse, no sense, no wit, no humor… you have nothing. Now you have now even sunken further to troll status. And you’re even failing at that. You’re just a failure.

2. ej

May 27, 2017 at 8:49 am

loool

3. Big Tee

May 27, 2017 at 8:57 am

Reminds me of the lady who killed her husband in his sleep in Ibadan last year, the woman who killed her husband for marrying a second wife in PH and, the lady who stabbed her ex because he proposed to another woman recently… thats the trend now..

• Darius

May 27, 2017 at 9:13 am

And nobody is screaming blue murder!

• Tee

May 27, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Maybe the men were nagging too much. You know how men can use verbal abuse to make women so uncontrollably angry.

If only Nigerian men will learn to control their sharp tongues and be submissive.

4. Shady

May 27, 2017 at 9:49 am

…so I dare ask: where are all them “feminists” now? …hiding?? or…covertly in support???

5. Corolla

May 27, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Stabbed her husband with a broken bottle? What an evil soul!

6. Time.

May 27, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Women kept silent for so long and recently started crying out when they are abused, Men by nature always keep silent even when abused but alas men go soon start dey carry placard and they cry out when they are being abused.

• Wendy

May 27, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Yes ma’am! Let everyone speak up! Your mother did not born you for some crazy person to kill you.
      Me thinks that the problem is with the finality of marriage. Even men struggle with the idea of becoming divorcées.

7. DoroAnon

May 27, 2017 at 7:02 pm

I’m a proud feminist. The man should divorce the abuser of a woman.Any relationship causing you pain is not worth it.

8. Iris

May 28, 2017 at 8:16 am

My understanding from reading this is that there is domestic violence both ways. She said he had given her a mark before too. She obviously shouldn’t have stabbed him but her actions had a trigger point