The Women in Journalism (WiJ) Conference each year aims to recognize the outstanding work done by women in their own field of the Media.
The theme of the 2017 WiJ “Pioneers, Innovators and the Brave New World” seeks to identify and recognize individuals and organisations who are driving innovations to keep the Industry relevant with recent trends.
See 2017 list of honorees who will receive WiJAfrica Pioneer Awards and WiJAfrica Innovation Awards below:
1. Maiden Ibru and The Guardian: For leading the digital transformation at the Guardian Newspapers and bringing the paper into 21st Century relevance.
2. Mo Abudu and Ebony Life TV: For Pioneering a thriving cable channel, transforming entertainment programming and providing employment for hundreds of people across several industrial catchments
3. Toun Okewale Sonaiya: For groundbreaking work with women on Nigeria’s first and only radio station exclusively for women – WFM 91.7.
4. Collette Otusheso and Accelerate TV: for leading in innovative entertainment programming exclusively for the digital generation
5. Other special recognition awards.
The 4th Women in Journalism Conference to hold on 6th of July 2017 at the MUSON Centre, Lagos set to recognize outstanding women in Media.