News

Woman stages own kidnap to scare husband into relocating her to U.S

BellaNaija.com

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested a 37-year old woman Bukola Ogun for staging her kidnap so as to scare her husband into relocating she and their children to the U.S.

Punch reports that Bukola had conspired with her cousin and two others to organise the fake kidnap.

According to the state’s Police Commissioner Abiodun Odude,

The Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the command arrested a business woman who conspired with a three-man gang to orchestrate her own kidnap in order to fraudulently obtain money from her husband, Kayode Ogun, who lives with her in Ibadan.

The incident happened on July 4, 2017 at around 7.45pm when three armed hoodlums stormed the residence of the supposed victim and kidnapped her. Barely four hours later, the suspects contacted the husband and demanded a N10m for her release.

The husband, who did not know that it was all arranged by his wife, contacted the police and a manhunt was launched for the hoodlums. Two male suspects were later arrested.

Speaking on the kidnap, Bukola’s cousin Kayode Adepoju said: “She called me and said she wanted to stage her kidnap. She said she wanted to scare her husband with it so that he would see reason why it was necessary for him to take her abroad. We did not collect any money from the husband and we did not use any weapon in the operation. I was arrested a day after we kidnapped her.”

Bukola, who said the plan started like a joke, added that her husband, who is both a Nigerian and American citizen, had begun the process of relocating them to the US, but she felt it was taking too long.

“I just woke up one day and thought of a way to make my husband see reason why he should use his American citizen status to take me out of the country. It all started like a child’s play. I told my supposed abductors to tell my husband that the ransom was N10m although I knew he would not be able to pay such money. He is just a salary earner. I lodged myself in a hotel and I was there for two days. I went back home on the third day and no ransom was paid,” she said.

The couple have been married for six years and have two children together.

1. Mawi

July 15, 2017 at 9:47 am

???
    L.O.L…?

2. Dee

July 15, 2017 at 10:06 am

Issa joke!

3. Leo

July 15, 2017 at 10:49 am

Not funny. She’s sown a seed of mistrust.

4. Dr.N

July 15, 2017 at 10:56 am

Abroad you no go see
    Husband fit don enter one chance too
    Children sef…na by abeg
    So what is it you just did Ma’am?

5. Puzzles

July 15, 2017 at 11:59 am

With the way Nigeria is going with the threats from the North and East, and bad economy, i honestly don’t blame her.

• Ema

July 15, 2017 at 12:21 pm

I don’t blame her too.
      Men have done worse things to women so let him just collect sorry and let them move on. And why was he hesitant in taking his family to the US?

6. OJ

July 15, 2017 at 12:58 pm

You peeps supporting the wife are not serious at all. We know una type from afar off. If she is so desperate to go to Yankee, why didn’t she go on her own nah?? Sorry but this type if wife can even kill her husband

7. ***

July 15, 2017 at 1:11 pm

I knew some knuckle heads will support this silly joke in the name of supporting women… you caused your husband, children, members of your extended family and friends unnecessary anxiety and highest thresholds of fear for a stupid joke?! Officers of the law were probably brainstorming and devising for your safe rescue and possible capture of the perpetrators only to find out this nonsense… I hope you can still stand tall in front of your kids? Idiot!

8. Purplegirl

July 15, 2017 at 1:20 pm

????????????. Chai see foolishness !!!!!

9. Brainstorm

July 15, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Wow @Ema

“Men have done worse things to women”. How is this a men vs women discussion? You people sef! Ladies and Gentlemen sha make sure you don’t get into a situation where what is going on in your family is used to count scores.

At least @Puzzles’ case can be understood. Nigeria is not safe.

Like @Leo said, it’s not funny cos of the seed of mistrust sown. Hopefully they sort this out with their marriage intact.

• Moi

July 17, 2017 at 10:45 am

Don’t mind pple supporting her, if i were to be her husband i’ll pick my 2 children and send her back to her fathers house, for God sake she said he had initiated the process of relocating them already abi she think say to relocate a whole family na beans, coupled with the fact that she knows he is a salary earner so funds may be a bit tight. This woman is capable of killing her husband. And for those who want to criticize me am a woman and also married

10. Jojo simon

July 15, 2017 at 2:58 pm

She is a green snake in green grass marriage over

11. T

July 15, 2017 at 8:12 pm

John is not yet here, I am surprised and disappointed. If you see Johnny tell him that dinner has been served.

12. Mrs chidukane

July 15, 2017 at 8:48 pm

The marriage is over. I ,personally will not continue with it. I can never trust her again, and without trust, it’s all over. Very foolish woman. She has no excuse. She’s Yoruba and lives in Ibadan. The economy isn’t affecting her alone. She has no excuse for such wicked action. Because of America she has disgraced herself.

13. Melly