BN TV

Help Adedeji recover his Documents that went Missing while Helping Accident Victims in Lekki

BellaNaija.com

Adedeji Ibukun Jonathan was on his way to the airport Friday morning when an accident happened in front of him.

He got down from the bus to help, somewhere between 2nd Roundabout (Marwa) and Lekki Phase 1.

After the rescue effort was over, he returned to find his bag missing.

Adedeji, who is to resume his masters at the University of Surrey on Monday, had his passport, visa, identification card, his school and NYSC credentials, and his laptop in the bag.

They have all gone missing.

Please, help him recover his missing items.

Watch him explain his plight below:

1. AdaAda

September 23, 2017 at 9:50 am

My Padi Ibukun is such sad news. I hope it is found. God can do a miracle.

2. Bestgirl

September 23, 2017 at 11:06 am

Ibukun you need to find Bronco in Lagos Island. He usually stays at the carpark close Leventis bustop.He can help you find your documents.

3. nene+

September 23, 2017 at 11:20 am

Hi Ibukun please track them at Oluwole, computer villages ,Nigeria immigration,Police,Radio stations,Ajah bustop and the likes. Do update us when you succeed.
    Also update the embassy ASAP.
    I wish you success and may your humanitarian effort not be in vain. God bless.

4. kachi

September 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Hope you find all your things! Contact your uni asap as they might be able to give you an extension on your start date. All the best!!

5. Jide

September 23, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Nigerians continue to disgust me. Robbing accident victims, robbing people who are helping accident victims, why? No matter what your condition is in life, if you cannot have compassion for people in situations like that then you deserve whatever you get. This guy will be fine in the end, no matter what. But whoever stole those things will remain poor for life. Not a curse but common sense.

• momo

September 23, 2017 at 5:30 pm

someone is a bus stole something as they did my phone is europe and then you call out “all nigerians” ???all 150m of us

• Jade

September 23, 2017 at 8:35 pm

@momo
      It’s common in Naija, that type of behavior has become a norm. I hope this young gentleman finds his documents in Jesus name. Nigeria doesn’t encourage humanitarian at all.

6. bey

September 23, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Iv never been robbed in my life in naija but was robbed or shld I say my bag was slit at Oxford circus London. I never felt a thing. My passport was in my bag as I needed it for ID at the bank.
    £200 in an envelope was taken from my bag.
    Luckily my passport was in an upper zip.
    Yes naija is bad but this could have happened anywhere.
    I hope he finds his stuff.

• Dee

September 26, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Hey salma haha ?

7. Nimama

September 24, 2017 at 4:30 am

Ibukun, don’t worry. It will all pan out well; just brace up to do some legwork. My passport with my visa/study permit was also stolen several years ago. While we hope you can get the stolen documents back, please do the immediate things to replace them. Get a police report. First thing Monday (if you haven’t done it yet), go to the UK High Commission and notify them by word and in writing what happened. Attach a copy of the police report. If they try to insinuate that you arranged for it to be stolen – i.e you sold your documents, be firm without being rude and tell them that you didn’t do it. Why would you want to jeopardize your long-term future for short-term money?

If all goes well with them (I believe with you that it will be so), they will ask you to go and get a replacement passport so they can issue you a new visa. You may have to defer your admission till January but that is not a big deal.

One favour the consulate can do for you is to give your passport information to Interpol so they can be on alert if anybody wants to use your passport to enter any country. The good thing about this is that you will be assured that the person who stole or bought your passport (if you don’t find it) will be frustrated when they try to use your passport and may probably be caught in the long run. The downside of this is that your name will be under scrutiny because even you, the real owner, will be routinely questioned whenever you want to enter other countries so they can be sure it’s the real you. That’s the cost of being on Interpol list. You may prefer not to go that route and just leave the shameless thieves to God.

All the very best. You will do great.

• Ephi

September 24, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Very comprehensive and useful info. Good comment Nimama.

Good luck Ibukun.

8. Adedeji Ibukunoluwa Jonathan

October 11, 2017 at 10:31 am

Hello Everyone.
    I want to thank you all for your support during these trying times.
    I haven’t found my Documents, but I have resumed school.
    I had to do a new passport and super priority visa transfer.
    In any case thank God!. satan lost.