BN TV

Nanny caught on Camera flinging 9-Month-Old Baby

BellaNaija.com

Nanny caught on Camera abusing 9-Month-Old Baby | WATCH - BellaNaijaA Namibian woman Annemarie Theron has taken her nanny to court after catching her on camera abusing her 9-month-old baby, News24 reports.

Theron had suspected something was amiss after noticing bruises and scratches on her baby’s neck. She said:

After that I sat at work, thinking about my daughter the entire day. That’s when I decided to install cameras, so that I could see what was happening when I’m not at home.

After fixing the cameras without the nanny’s knowledge, she returned home to watch the footage and was shocked by what she saw.

The nanny was seen throwing the baby into its cot, then later lifting it out with just one leg like a rag doll. Theron said:

It was very emotional watching it. I refused to sleep, eat or drink for a couple of days afterward. It’s difficult to imagine how long this has been going on for. I can see Laila is so, so broken after everything.

Theron immediately submitted a report at a policestation. She said:

It was quite a process, as I had to confirm with a mediator what it would mean if I made the recordings without her (the nanny’s) knowledge. The police were initially hesitant about the charges, but wanted to arrest the woman immediately after seeing the footage.

I don’t want her near my child ever again, or to pose a threat to other children. What happened was horrible to witness. I realised Laila has nightmares.

It was comforting to see how many people supported us. Thanks to everyone, family, friends, and strangers, it means a great deal.

See the camera footage below:

1. momo

September 20, 2017 at 12:18 pm

i refuse to watch biko..and that is why i took a very difficult decision to leave paid employment to take care of my baby by myself since i don’t have any family around .. i don’t regret it at all..

2. Mbe

September 20, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Why do people like this exist in the first place. Im not getting it. Some people are not mentally alright.

3. Michy

September 20, 2017 at 12:59 pm

The heart of man is desperately wicked! This is the height of it, wickedness to an innocent baby. I’m lost for words

4. Mama

September 20, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Oh my goodness gracious! Please tell me this is a prank and she is handling a toy. I can’t even talk.

5. Dainty

September 20, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I cried…………….

• Fence

September 20, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Same here … what a sad video.

• deeggg

September 20, 2017 at 4:29 pm

me tooo…..too sad to watch…especially when I am still believing God to bless me with babies… 🙁

6. Daisy

September 20, 2017 at 2:19 pm

God, thank you for giving me the courage to leave my well paid job when I decided to start making babies. Give other mothers the wisdom to start something small so they can get some coins as they take such an important decision.

• anon

September 20, 2017 at 8:32 pm

that’s a lot you’re asking women to give up. Not every mother wants to leave the workforce, not every mother wants to stay home 24/7. Running a business requires alot of work as well, so the woman may very well still need a nanny. We should be praying for God to touch the hearts of people so fathers can be more active, women can be nicer to their help, and caretakers can be kinder.

• Glorygal

September 22, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Good for you. But please not every mother has a supporting husband/partner or even knows how to “start something small”

7. Smh

September 20, 2017 at 5:49 pm

The mother is very nobles for handling this as a court case cos lord knows I wouldn’t i have beaten this nanny close to the brink of death, animal

8. Evanscoth

September 20, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Tell me this is a movie making……… Shior!!!!!!!!! A crech is still better option than a house nanny

9. auntieakweley

September 21, 2017 at 5:04 am

OMG! The nanny is a DEMON!

10. auntieakweley

September 21, 2017 at 5:09 am

Is it by force that she work as a nanny? Haba! Madam!
    It’s obvious she hates her job but to take her frustrations out on an innocent baby is demonic behaviour.
    She belongs in a mental asylum.

11. Mrs M

September 21, 2017 at 7:23 am

This immediately made me cry
    If someone does this to Munachi… Dear God. Oh dear dear God!!!
    Pls what does it cost to install cameras or who knows any creche that has cameras

12. faith E.

September 21, 2017 at 12:19 pm

with this video I just saw….I will NEVER hire a Nanny to look after my baby. NEVER!!!

13. adelegirl

September 21, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Someone will do this to my child?! Ano fee ku ni mo ma no!

14. Kike

September 21, 2017 at 7:27 pm

I refuse to watch too…. she needs to rut in jail!!!!

15. Liz Bennet

September 21, 2017 at 7:53 pm

I watched this and my mouth hung open for five good minutes. As I type this I’m on a business trip thousands of miles away from my home, my country!!! OMG!!!!
    I don’t even want to believe that such could be happening to my kid. Jesus!!!!!