BN TV

If I knew what I know now, it could have worked – Jim Iyke on Relationship with Rita Dominic | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

Veteran Nollywood actor Jim Iyke has in an interview with Broadway TV opened up on his relationship with fellow Nollywood actress Rita Dominic.

Asked why he did not marry the actress, Jim Iyke said their relationship began when he was just beginning to embrace fame – the comfort and distraction that come with it.

He added that although what they shared was very deep, he doesn’t think Rita Dominic was looking for longevity.

It was that time of his life when he was trying to understand what was happening to him, he said, adding that he was uncontrollable.

“Another time and place, we could have started looking at it,” he said.

Asked if she’s the kind of person he can marry now, Iyke said he doesn’t think so.

“We come from the same circle,” he said, “she knows too much of what I know, and I think I know too much of what she knows.”

Watch the interview below:

Photo Credit: Jim Iyke, Rita Dominic

1. Sunshiney

October 25, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Ok Jim, if you say so….

2. YES I SAID IT

October 25, 2017 at 1:43 pm

You have an extremely horrible and bad bad bad temper, evident from your lash out from social media, I feel sorry to any woman who ends up with you Jim Iyke. You and Tonto Dikeh are the only two nollywood folks I think desperately need mental and psychological help. Any brand will be mad to endorse you to represent their brand.

I urge you to read book of proverbs at least ten times it’ll help you a lot and maybe go back to tb Joshua and let him finish the deliverance since you did not allow him finish that day.

You would have been Rita’s biggest mistake if she settled with you

• Mr.A

October 25, 2017 at 2:27 pm

I burst out laughing at this comment. I can’t mehn! “..since you did not allow him finish that day”.

• Momoh Zanny

October 30, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Ouch

3. Miss Petty

October 25, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Don’t worry dear I’m pretty sure she not losing sleep over you.
    Moreover, she’s way out of your league ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

4. Listen and listen good

October 25, 2017 at 1:58 pm

Even if folks say things you don’t like, you can simply block em you don’t have to insult them like you do, as if a woman did not raise you, the way you insult women I have never seen a man do that in my life .

You don’t have more haters than Beyonce, but difference between American superstars like Beyonce and Kim vs our African counterparts, they have been well trained not to respond to haters and lash out on their social media pages. You are a brand. In Jim’s case he’s no brand. Did you know there was even once a I hate Beyonce page, I guess if it was you Jim Iyke you’d die. If you were the father of Blue Ivy and folks started a petition about your child’s hair I guess if you were Beyonce you will kill them all. Yet she never once uttered a word even though I know it hurt.. Learn from Beyonce. Matthew Knowles trained her well. Matthew should come and open an agency here in Naija and teach these fools how to comport themselves. In this world not everyone will like you and that’s OK, know how to deal with it like an adult not a 5yr Old

You are a man grow some thick skin use your block button and stop always responding to folks like a bitch on her period because they did not compliment you but rather critiqued you. If you don’t like the critique just delete the comment and block em, simple.

All suited up GQ ready yet no class.
    Borrow borrow man. Go pay your debts angry man. Always hot tempered. Ladies never marry a hot tempered man

5. David

October 25, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Nothing irks me more than a guy who kisses and tells or shares intimate or emotional details of a relationship without the consent of his other half. You haven’t spoken to her in two years, and you think she’d appreciate this kind of ties with you?

Many of these nollywood male actors had their fair shot with their female colleagues, but what did the women get in return? Asides infidelity, emotional and (in some cases) physical abuse and attempts to cloak their lights, intimate details of their life (often sexual), which they likely wouldn’t want to share, gets countlessly exposed by their abusive ex, publicly or privately to earn them bragging rights. They’d hardly ever talk about their relationship with a thriving or less influential actress, only the well to do ones. Quite distasteful.

I’m hardly a fan of Rita, though she seems cool, but this is beyond her. It’s about these lousy behaviour of sharing information about a relationship or an ex without consideration of that exes feeling. Now, we know, if we already didn’t, Jim dated Rita… and, he wouldnt marry her. How sad for Rita, indeed.

6. Asa

October 25, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I think Rita is cool and I love Rita to bits and pieces! Dear Jim Iyke, you no reach jare. You wey dey act like say nut loose for your head, you think Rita is mourning a relationship that probably only breathed because she was just starting out back then? Abeg ayam very sure she does not want.

See eh, it just pains me when guys just think that because they have a penis and are men, they can aspire to have just about any woman they want. Mba! That is not how it works, ogbeni Iyke you no reach Rita Dominic at all and if she made a mistake dating you years back, e don end! Leave her name out of your mouth jare!

7. john

October 25, 2017 at 3:31 pm

See eh, it just pains me when guysjust think that because they have apenis and are men, they can aspireto have just about any woman theywant…………no woman is above any man.it is the men that date those woman that is above you…understod..That is the reality unlike the gibberish u just mentioned…some delusional idiot even mentioned that rita is out of his league..I wonder which league Rita is now playing..dangote league or otedola league or dino meleye league..which one
    ….this is how u women keep deceiving yourself thinking ure winning…..
    anyway na this article dey gather comments for BN

• Smh

October 25, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Shut up you poverty stricken misogynistic rodent. Go and toast Beyoncé let’s see you. Go and toast Michelle Obama, Angela Merkle or even our own Adesua Etomi. And these are just a few beautiful wor powerful women I could think of. Uncompleted building fixing your mouth to say mansions are not out of your league. olodo

8. Smh

October 25, 2017 at 3:58 pm

AKA Rita is now one of the baddest out there and you wishhhhh you could have been there for the glow up. But you filled and now she’s waaauyyy above your level. You snooze, you lose!

• Osa

October 25, 2017 at 8:17 pm

@Smh lets call a spade a spade.
      Are you sure of your comment or you just want to feel better for women folk like Rita?
      Women usually get the wrong end of the stick in relationship matters.
      Jim is not on my ‘favourites’ list and i find this interview rather distasteful . However, Rita is not exactly in the best of positions

• Smh

October 26, 2017 at 7:58 am

Uhm how isn’t she’s not in the best of positions? Let me guess because she is not married ?

9. Listen again

October 25, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Smh

Very typical Jim Ike response. So now your name is smh. We have screen shots for all your such insults.on your Instagram page. Poverty stricken is his favorite clap back word. Foolish idiot. Fifth grader responses. Poverty stricken indeed coming from someone who is always borrowing from. Women since 1600bc and don’t pay back. You need help. Go back to tbjoshua let him finish your deliverance.

Even the newer younger actors have more class than you and your nasty hot temper.

Run along to your Instagram page and rant

10. iou

October 25, 2017 at 5:03 pm

See love for Rita! Yeah I love her a lot too and I know she deserves the best

11. Chinwe

October 25, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Kiss and tell men. She has moved on…. and she is way beyond you….. even if she hasnt, Dear Rita, you are way above him.. just ignore him and this his interview…. You deserve more and when you both find yourselves, you will know… he is the one and God will bless you both… and your union 4eva… my prayer for you and Genevieve. …. pls 4give me for bringing Genny here….?

12. bush man

October 25, 2017 at 9:16 pm

So Jim Iyke don kpansh our dear Rita…Nigga just be kissing and telling to get some mileage…mtschewwww

13. Osa meaning

October 26, 2017 at 12:11 am

@Osa please explain what ‘Rita is not in the best position’ means????

14. Loki

October 26, 2017 at 10:34 am

Okay, everybody hol’ up. Why does everybody hate this guy?

15. G

October 26, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Watching a few minutes of the video, the gist I got from what he was saying was that he was a ‘waste’ and she was a woman trying to making him change his behaviour, to understand he could do better and be better in public. But, it almost seems to be like he is suggesting that she also wasn’t willing to be patient enough for him to change and she wasn’t the type of woman to hang around bullsht for long.

I find the excerpts of this article a little different from the actual interview. I watched it half way sha, so maybe what was interpreted here was said at the end.

16. Z

November 2, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Onye a wu onye iberibe.
    Rita even tried for the few weeks she gave him face.
    Thank God she was mature enough to realise he was unchangeable.
    He still has not grown up – agadi n’ako rubbish