News

God told me “Run for President” – Tunde Bakare | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

God told me Run for the Presidency - Tunde Bakare - BellaNaija

Tunde Bakare

Head Pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare has said he has been instructed by God to run for Presidency, Punch reports.

He said this during the crossover service of his church Latter Rain Assembly.

Bakare, who was a running mate to present president Muhammadu Buhari in 2011 said God told him not to bring his “political career to a close.”

He added that political juggernauts will fall “at the feet of women.” He said:

In my study around 4am on Sunday morning, God told me ‘you cannot bring your political career to a close; there is still more to do. Run for president…. I will do it at the appointed time.’

Joseph did not contest an election; yet, he became the prime minister of Egypt. Why must I worry myself about where to get the resources for the task? Your own duty in this assignment is to pray along with me. When it is the appointed time, He will do it. When He tells me the time, you will hear about it.

In 1998, I told you that I saw your President dying between two women. Did it happen? I’m telling you again: some of these political juggernauts will fall at the feet of women and you will see it happen.

Watch him speak below:

1. Uberhaute_Looks

January 2, 2018 at 11:31 am

No sir. We don’t want you and your lying mouth using Gods name in vain.

2. Aiden

January 2, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Since God has suddenly develop interest in Nigeria politics he has also reveal to me that I should contest for the position of “officer of enjoyment” in the next coming election. Nonsense

3. Dee

January 2, 2018 at 12:23 pm

…. And people would still flood his church knowing that their pastor g.o or whatever names they reign on him is a blatant liar.
    Dear Nigerians, this 2018 Seek wisdom!

4. Anon

January 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm

New Year’s message or April Fools message?

5. ceetoo

January 2, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Better than Buhari and Atiku anyday.
    Until another alternative comes up i will go with this.
    We cannot continue business as usual, someone has to confront the status quo… we cannot continue to choose between a rock and a hard place…. God does not even have to reveal this to me… me i will choose this over those two.

• Jade

January 2, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Abeg, he’s not better. It’s easy to point finger at only Buhari but we forget he has people in his circle behind the scene running the show, he’s just the visible messenger. From his advisors, sycophants, ass lickers etc who are the same as him if not worse.
      Chai, God don suffer. It’s a different God that they are using to defend their lies and evil.

6. Naijababeii

January 2, 2018 at 1:20 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they have started againoooooooo

7. wendy

January 2, 2018 at 2:03 pm

I hope that God will also tell you to clean up corruption and be the drive for the real change. Even if it will cost you everything … Just like martin Luther king and rest did for black movement

• ceetoo

January 2, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Those are the pertinent questions we should be asking… will you give it every and anything even your life?

8. Ese

January 2, 2018 at 2:05 pm

hope you heard God right………..no jobs experience, no business experience, no CV, no political experience ….only a pastor of a church. Nigerian Pastors has turned church into a huge business and they carry their inflated ego s around. Loud mouth …..hope you are not Jealous of Osinbajo

• ceetoo

January 2, 2018 at 2:54 pm

What is there about Osibanjo to be jealous about really?
      Every Nigerian has a constitutional right to contest any position in this country… If this man dares he is well within his right. If Osibanjo wants let him resign and contest the presidency i will support him cos it is anything but PMB or Atiku.

• Ajala & Foodie

January 2, 2018 at 4:54 pm

@ Ese, “no business experience” and then “Nigerian Pastors have turned church into huge business”. Talk about contradictory!!! Anyhow i get the point you are trying to make.

I really wish dude kept God out of it. Even if Angel Gabu himself had come to earth and revealed that to him. I would have rather he said he was just running for president sefini!!!

• Anon

January 2, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Ese – “no jobs experience, no business experience, no CV, no political experience.”
      Tunde Bakare was a successful lawyer before he “heard the Lord” and became a pastor. He worked in the Chambers of Gani Fawehinmi. Quite an erudite man and outside of his church he’s a big businessman! He tasted a bit of dirty politics when he was Buhari’s running mate in 2011. IMO, He should stay focussed on his Latter Rain Assembly and leave politics alone.

• Ade

January 3, 2018 at 9:13 am

He is a Lawyer…OK? Get facts right before talking

9. Ak

January 2, 2018 at 8:25 pm

It depends on the location but surely not in Nigeria.Tanku

10. Adamazi

January 2, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Oh yeah? More like him are coming. LMAO!!!