BN TV

BN Beauty: Check Out NaturallyTemi’s Tips for Growing Long and Healthy Natural Hair

BellaNaija.com

Today on BN Beauty, we feature beauty vlogger Temi of NaturallyTemi, one of our hair crushes who has been natural for 5 years.

In this new video, she shares tips on how she was able to retain length and grow her hair. She also shares the staple products she uses and exactly how to use them.

Watch

1. Vicky

January 24, 2018 at 7:35 am

Question. If your name is Temi but your pronounce it as Timi what does that mean?
    Asking for a friend

• Pat

January 24, 2018 at 3:17 pm

Lol! You tried it.

• Ene

June 16, 2018 at 9:21 pm

It means “I have a reason to” while the whole name together means “I have a reason to dance.” On;y when it’s used together though.

2. akama

January 24, 2018 at 8:38 am

Just watch the video

3. Miss Anoni Moss

January 24, 2018 at 9:29 am

Long story…. I have done it all and more, did the big chop four years ago and my hair is not even as long as her before picture, I think some people are just born with good hair.

• Dee

January 24, 2018 at 9:48 am

Exactly! Just like exercise there’s only so much effort one can put in while genetics plays its part

• Ec

January 24, 2018 at 11:37 am

This is true. It has a lot to do with genetics, food you eat even environment. But boy I wish mine will grow like hers

• Pat

January 24, 2018 at 3:19 pm

Drink Irish Moss everyday come back in 3 months and thank me?

4. Mama

January 24, 2018 at 1:50 pm

True! Hair like body weight is mostly genetically determined. Just like some people can eat all they want without gaining weight while others will gain 1 kg if they even attempt to eat in their dream… lol. I have refused to let these youtubers give me high blood pressure because I find myself comparing my growth rate with theirs, and it never seems to measure up. Again, many of them will delibrately skip the part that they transitioned and their so called ‘big chop’ was just to take off a few inches compared to those who started from bald.

Hers looks like normal and realistic growth for a five year period.That’s not to say that there is nothing one can do to maintain or achieve a ‘decent’ and healthy hair. Like weight again, if you watch what you eat and exercise regularly, you may not gain as much weight as if you did not. Same goes for hair. After all said and done, some people regardless of what they do or omit to do will have healthy hair and others won’t. I can’t come and kee myself over hair lenght. I will just admire those who are blessed.

• Naturallyziny

January 24, 2018 at 3:11 pm

i wish i can love this comment more than once. lol.