Sweet Spot

BN Living Sweet Spot: The Females of the Akinnifesi Clan are so ?

BellaNaija.com

Omowunmi Akinnifesi her mother, her sisters, and their children are all so lovely.

The MBGN 2005 shared a photo of all of them on her Instagram in praise of her late father.

She wrote:

Family is EVERYTHING! We took this picture in Dubai 2weeks ago.
My Father worked at the Central Bank of Nigeria where he was a Director. I grew up in Sierra Leone where my Father was a Diplomat and worked with the West African Clearing House (WATCH). It was all fine and dandy till the Civil war for diamonds started. As diplomats we were not safe so we had to return back to Nigeria. Moved back lived my whole life in Ikoyi.
My father schooled at Yale, he had a PHD and he had so many degrees that when he passed they couldn’t mention everything at the funeral. He was a successful man. Sucessful career wise, successful family wise.
How one man can develop such a generation is outstanding. These are the women of the Akinnifesi generation. My Mum, My sisters and their kids. The Men are not in this pic tho. My two brothers and my sister’s husbands. Most importantly my Dad, who passed 4 years ago.
Please when is Fathers day? Is there Sister’s day? I am missing my Dad. I hate the fact that my Dad could not be in this picture. Love you Dad. Rest in peace ?? #Yetiwon#Fathersday#Father#NigerianDad#NigerianFamilies#Dubai#familypotrait#FamilypotraitDubai cc @iamwomanafrica

See the post below:

View this post on Instagram

#Yetiwon. Family is EVERYTHING! We took this picture in Dubai 2weeks ago. My Father worked at the Central Bank of Nigeria where he was a Director. I grew up in Sierra Leone where my Father was a Diplomat and worked with the West African Clearing House (WACH). I went to International School Sierra Leone and Lebanese school Sierra Leone . It was all fine and dandy till the Civil war for diamonds started. As diplomats we were not safe so we had to return back to Nigeria. Moved back lived my whole life in Ikoyi till the hustle of boarding school and adult life?. . My father schooled at Yale, he had a PHD and he had so many degrees that when he passed they couldn't mention everything at the funeral. He was a successful man. Sucessful career wise, successful family wise. . . He knew everything. When I was doing my Masters at Kings College London, and I had this very difficult Climate Model to build in excel using Formulars (Super complex stuff), he sat on his sick bed at the hospital with a view facing the Tower of London and the River Thames and explained it all to me. #yetiwon . How one man can develop such a generation is outstanding. These are the women of the Akinnifesi generation. My Mum, My sisters and their kids. The Men are not in this pic tho. My two brothers and my sister's husbands. Most importantly my Dad, who passed 4 years ago. . Please when is Fathers day? Is there Sister's day? I am missing my Dad. I hate the fact that my Dad could not be in this picture. Love you Dad. Rest in peace ?? #Yetiwon #Fathersday #Father #NigerianDad #NigerianFamilies #Dubai #familypotrait #FamilypotraitDubai cc @iamwomanafrica

A post shared by Omowunmi Akinnifesi (@omowunmiak) on

Photo Credit: omowunmiak

1. keke driver

April 26, 2018 at 10:52 am

Gorgeous

2. Ever Green

April 26, 2018 at 11:49 am

Cuteness overloaded, may your dad’s soul rest in peace in Jesus name.

3. Na wa

April 26, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Director in Central Bank? was it during Abacha’s era hahaha?

4. Mrs chidukane

April 26, 2018 at 1:47 pm

RIP Sir. On another note,this girl can brag for Africa. Bella naija,better don’t swallow my comment.

• Marsala

April 26, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Very true!

5. chu

April 26, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Maybe she is just appreciative for the opportunities she recieved through her dad. I don’t follow her anyways so can’t tell if she brags.
    I had a father that was capable of doing all her dad did and more but due to poor planning the cookie crumbled. You don’t know what you are missing until you have it.

6. olu

April 26, 2018 at 3:36 pm

I’m looking at this and feeling she ‘deprived’ her sisters of something****

I could be wrong……………

7. Mimi

April 26, 2018 at 4:07 pm

She sounds like a braggart

8. Anon

April 26, 2018 at 4:25 pm

The bragging z on another level….just to state she misses her dad that she wrote this unconnected epistle of havibg a cbn director dad…living in ikoyi and even views of london frm a sick person bed…..

• Mamamia

April 27, 2018 at 4:30 am

Please I don’t want to laugh…???

9. Joy

April 26, 2018 at 4:25 pm

I tire for this girl story of her father degrees etc na wa sha, rest in Peace Sir

10. Manny

April 26, 2018 at 5:46 pm

I couldn’t get past the humble bragging

11. No Headaches Please

April 26, 2018 at 6:52 pm

In case you are as confused as I was about this, read only the 1st sentence after the 1st hashtag and the last 3 sentences before the plenty hashtags.

*Decides to be kind and bends down to use my other thoughts to eat Jollof rice.

12. Observer

April 26, 2018 at 9:27 pm

Yawn! Too much bragging! Just went right off her! She must be a annoying person to be around.

13. Observer

April 26, 2018 at 9:28 pm

*an*

14. tunmi

April 27, 2018 at 12:03 am

She called them women, you called them females…when it’s not a scientific paper.

15. Mamamia

April 27, 2018 at 4:37 am

Just to state her accolades, she was in Dubai recently with her family, she lived in Liberia with her family, her father was once a director at Cbn, he studied in Yale university (I think this is a good one though), she went to kings college (another good one), her dad was an educationist, his hospital bed faced river thames and Tower of London (central London). She deserves some accolades!!!

• SHE

April 27, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Your last sentence killed me .” SHE DESERVES SOME ACCOLADES”!

16. Benny

April 27, 2018 at 4:45 am

Ok Yale, CBN, diplomat, River Thames, Dubai, Kings College London… you threw these things around and I was struggling to connect from where to where. Aunty post your picture and go, this unnecessary bragging no be am.

17. Letty

April 27, 2018 at 4:59 am

He had so many degrees that they couldn’t mention them all at his funeral. Staggering. I guess there’s always a first. How does one have so many degrees that they cannot all be mentioned at his funeral? The sheer exaggeration is mind boggling

18. tim jones

April 27, 2018 at 6:15 am

Very Lovely picture. You all are haters. everything she shared is TRUE.It may sound like bragging to those who lived and grew up in shacks but to her its her life.

19. marlee

April 27, 2018 at 7:24 am

they almost missed the beauty/cuteness train, luck enough they hoped on the last wagon.

20. Hmmm

April 27, 2018 at 11:33 am

Braggado!!!

21. TILL

April 27, 2018 at 2:51 pm

Interesting read. Did she mean expatriate or Diplomat… Am confused. How does working in WATCH translate to foreign service biko?

• Amaka

April 28, 2018 at 5:40 pm

My thoughts exactly….my husband and l work in an oil company overseas and we are called expatriates…she can only use diplomats if her father worked for the government in a foreign land..l stand corrected though

22. WENDY

April 27, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Why are you guys complaining? She is only being a typical Nigerian…She is giving Nigerians what they like…. They respect and worship you by what they can hear and see physically. hence the bragging…

naija people dey see humble person finish. dem go take u clean ground…

23. James

April 29, 2018 at 12:37 am

The young woman was just rehearshing the wonderful life she had growing up, thanks to her late dad who made it possible. What is so bad about someone talking about a lovely childhood they had because of the effort of their parents? Is it a crime to have grown up in Ikoyi or attend the prestigious Kings College in London. The last time I checked, most Nigerians would do anything to have an address in Ikoyi and to be able to send their children abroad to school.

If you weren’t so lucky to have had as good a childhood as she did, please don’t take it on her. It is the fault of your parents. Stop hating. It will never improve your life.

Omawunmi, it is never easy to loose a loved one talk less of a parent whose influence and love shape your life. Just know that he has done his part in this world and have left you and your siblings in a better shape to go on. I’m sorry for your loss and it is okay to grieve because of what he meant to you and the opportunities he provided. All these people critical of your write-up either had a bad childhood and are plain jealous for what you had. Those who don’t wish others well will never progress in life. May your father’s soul rest in peace. AMEN

24. AdaAda

April 30, 2018 at 3:42 am

Na I appreciate her appreciation for her dad but let’s not deceive ourselves she was bragging a bit too much. Some things could have been skipped and the story would have still been meaningful and touching .