Music

Producer & DJ Avicii dies at 28

BellaNaija.com

Producer & DJ Avicii dies aged 28

DJ Avicii. (Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images for MasterCard)

Tim Bergling, popularly known as Avicii, a Swedish DJ who also produced EDM has died at the age of 28, Rolling Stone reports.

His rep confirmed his death, saying:

It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii.

He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.

No more details about the death were provided. Oman police and state media had no immediate report late Friday night on the artist’s death.

Avicii was an international pop star, well-known for his electronic dance songs. His 2015 debut studio album, “True,” featured the massive international hit “Wake Me Up!” featuring Aloe Blacc. Combining EDM, folk and country music, the song became a No. 1 hit in many countries and peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100.

His second album, “Stories,” dropped in 2015 and featured vocals from Chris Martin, Wyclef Jean, Robbie Williams and more.

The EP “Avīci (01)” was released in August 2017 and featured his Rita Ora collaboration “Lonely Together.”

Photo Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images for MasterCard

1. Mamamia

April 20, 2018 at 9:19 pm

Father!!!

2. Cynical

April 20, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Noooo…… What?? ??. May his soul rest in peace

3. Ephi

April 20, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Oh my goodness! ‘Wake me up’ was my fav song for a long while. So sad 🙁

4. Onyinyechukwu

April 20, 2018 at 9:57 pm

“Hey brother! There’s an endless road to rediscover
    Hey sister! Know the water’s sweet but blood is thicker
    Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
    There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do
    Hey brother! Do you still believe in one another?
    Hey sister! Do you still believe in love? I wonder
    Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
    There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do
    What if I’m far from home?
    Oh brother, I will hear you call!
    What if I lose it all?
    Oh sister, I will help you out!
    Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
    There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do
    Hey brother! There’s an endless road to rediscover
    Hey sister! Do you still believe in love? I wonder
    Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
    There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do
    What if I’m far from home?
    Oh brother, I will hear you call!
    What if I lose it all?
    Oh sister, I will help you out!
    Oh, if the sky comes falling down, for you
    There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do”

“Hey brother” remains my all time fav..Coca Cola did well to use it for their advert.
    Rest in peace Avicii…You will be missed severely.???

5. BlueEyed

April 21, 2018 at 12:52 am

RIP Avicii

6. Bvl

April 21, 2018 at 5:08 am

Say No to Drugs !!

• o

April 21, 2018 at 3:44 pm

Are you sure it was drugs? I read somewhere that he suffered from sever pancreatitis.

• Fizzy

April 21, 2018 at 6:13 pm

He had acute pancreatitis. Though deadly if not properly managed but his was acute which if properly managed one could live normal. Just stay off alcohol and certain foods. His gallbladder was also removed which is double jeopardy but could be managed too. But when you party non stop, drink and do drugs with those health issues you are signing a death warrant.

7. Ariere

April 21, 2018 at 8:27 am

Levels and Wake me up are my JAMS. It’s a huge loss. He died young! RIP

8. o

April 21, 2018 at 3:46 pm

He was too young. So so sad. May he rest in peace