BN TV

Here’s Why this 16-Year-Old Black Girl insists she’s White | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

16-Year-Old Black Girl insists she's White, says Black People are Ugly | WATCH | BellaNaija

Treasure, a 16-year-old black girl, has insisted that she’s Caucasian, has nothing in common with black people, and thinks all black people are ugly.

Treasure’s mother, Monique and brother, Kendall, exasperated and embarrassed by her views, turned to Dr. Phil for help.

Treasure, on the show, discussed why she feels she’s not black – her hair is naturally straight, her nose is “not giant,” her lips are “perfect, they’re not too big and not too small.”

A life coach who spoke to her on the show let her know that what she had was self-loathing, and she was essentially describing herself, but Treasure disagreed. She said:

I don’t have any problems with myself. I, honestly, think that God made one perfect person; it’s me. I feel like black people should be put in a different place.

Watch clips of Treasure speaking:

1. Asa

October 25, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Shey oyibo people say you can “identify” as anything abi? if you can identify as a different gender, wetin be color? Nwanne, you live abroad, you can be white if you want to be. They will make laws to protect your skin color of choice jare. Now privately I think you get psychiatric issues but that’s not the point here.

2. Toba Emmanuel

October 25, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Bleach then rubbish !!!!

3. Osas

October 25, 2018 at 4:17 pm

She was probably bullied as a child. This one needs help. ??

4. Seriously

October 25, 2018 at 5:01 pm

I don’t understand why mentally ill people are given platform for sensationalism.
    If she thinks she’s white and black people are ugly, her opinion. I’m sure it comes from a place of trauma and pain. I hope she gets the help that she needs. The other lady who thinks she’s black never said whites are ugly, but leave it to black people to downgrade their own people.

5. olajumoke

October 25, 2018 at 5:02 pm

And you that you are speaking, you are what? LOL..this is hilarious!

6. cocoa

October 25, 2018 at 5:08 pm

This child is broken. You cant even be upset or laugh at anything she says..i just want to hug her and pray for her and get her into individual/group psychotherapy ASAP. I haven’t heard the full story but i hope this isn’t the first and only attempt at seeking help on her mother’s part. Children are who you raise them to be..something tragic has happened in the course of her young life and she has totally dissociated from reality to be able to cope.
    Lord please look upon her in Your mercy and lovingkindness and bring her back to her identity in Christ, in Jesus name, AMEN!!!!!

7. Cocolette

October 25, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Is this scripted or is she crazy?

• Miss Fine

October 25, 2018 at 7:47 pm

My thought exactly

8. Miss Smart

October 25, 2018 at 6:26 pm

BDD- Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Get help, it is a real condition. Get well soon.

9. xqsyou

October 27, 2018 at 10:39 am

The girl needs a psychiatric intervention ASAP!
    Let’s hope this doesn’t go left with some people sympathising with her “beliefs”.
    This world is crazy! This was how the “catch me outside” Danielle Bregoli girl became a celebrity with actual fans, after a somewhat similar display on Dr Phil.