Hey BellaNaijarians, do you know any individual or organization that has made remarkable efforts in promoting peace, justice, and progress in their community? You can now nominate them for the NCMG Peace Award.
The NCMG Peace Award recognizes and honours individuals and organizations that continually make an exemplary commitment and outstanding contribution to the pursuit of peace, justice building, and institutional development while championing the capacity of humanity to live in harmonious adjustment with one another. The NCMG Peace Award is categorized as follows:
- NCMG Peacebuilder: This Award category recognizes an individual, organization, or institution that develops initiatives that contribute to positive social change, facilitate the establishment of peace, and assist in preventing the recurrence of violence by championing the interventions designed to promote peaceful co-existence and harmony.
- NCMG Justice Builder: This Award category honours an individual, organization or institution who demonstrates that access to justice should offer a variety of approaches and options for dispute resolution within the judicial system. No serving judge is eligible for this nomination.
- NCMG Institutional Peacebuilder: This Award recognizes a corporation that constructively engages community stakeholders in peacebuilding initiatives by making significant contributions to the standard of living and quality of life of the residents of the community within which they operate.
- NCMG Youth Innovator for Peace: Limited to those under 35, this category recognizes and honours an exceptional youth who promotes peace-building beyond traditional boundaries of religion, race, ethnicity & nationality through the promotion of dialogue, conflict analysis & transformation narratives.
- NCMG Community Peacebuilder: This Award seeks to recognize and honour traditional rulers or community leaders who have committed themselves to promote development within their respective communities through social work, and selfless leadership. The nominee must have demonstrated significant achievements in building inclusive communities, conflict prevention, conflict resolution, and reconciliation
For more information on each of the Award categories, please visit www.ncmginternational.org
Rules & Regulations
All living persons & active organizations or institutions in Nigeria are eligible nominees for the NCMG Peace Awards provided they are not employees or relatives of management and staffs of NCMG International or the Committee & Panel of Judges of the NCMG Peace Award.
The nominator shall describe clearly the project(s) or initiative(s) that the nominee has done which makes him/her deserving of the award. Be as specific as possible. Attach supporting documents on your nominee’s initiative; Websites, Pictures of the initiative/project, videos, profile, and links to other awards.
- Fill and submit the nomination form to [email protected]
- Attach a photo of the nominee to the email.
- All nominations are to be submitted on or before June 28, 2019.
Terms of Nomination
- A nominator/nominating organization can send entries in more than one award category or nominate multiple times in the same category provided it is for a separate nominee.
- A separate form should be used for each entry. One form cannot be used for multiple categories.
- Nominations should be accompanied by an explanation as to the merit of the nomination against the criteria for selection (approximately 500 words), together with as much relevant supporting material as possible.
- Nominators online can upload or send all supporting documents (screenshots, photographs, references, etc.) in the “Attachments” section (Maximum size that can be uploaded is 20 MB)
- A nominator can nominate for the ‘2019 NCMG Peace Award’ through either of the 3 steps mentioned below:-
- By logging on to the website www.ncmginternational.org and completing the application form online
- By downloading the application form from the website www.ncmginternational.org and sending the completed application form to [email protected]; Subject line of the email should be: “2019 NCMG Peace Award – (Name of Category)”
- By sending the completed nomination form (hard copy) to any of the NCMG offices
- Awards Nomination in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the rules and regulations stated herein.