NAYO + SOUL E

Posted on Monday, March 17th, 2008 at 12:02 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Hi everyone,
How was your weekend?
I had a really lovely weekend. Just relaxed, had some friends over, went shopping etc…
Just how I like it….low-key but still fun
Hope you had a good weekend as well…

‘African Girl’ Nayo released her highly anticipated debut album last week. I am soooo feeling this album. Very mellow yet rhythmic. You get the neo-soul ambience but with a touch of African vibes. Please go down to your local record store and get a copy. Better get click over to i-tunes and grab one.

To Buy:
“>Amazon

Features & Interviews:
Brightcove Video Interview
Times Exclusive
Listen and you will be proud!

Crooner Soul-E and his wife, Queen Ure appeared on Funmi Iyanda’s show last week and honestly it was the most interesting interview I’ve seen in a while. Soul-E and wifey, Ure were acting like lovestruck teens but honestly although I am not into thrusting of personal relationships into the public sphere, I’ve got to say I love them as a couple. Seriously, it’s so easy to hate on them but they seem happy and committed so all the best to them! I cannot believe they have a 12-year age gap, Ure looks good! Anyways, check out the interview below.

That’s it for today.
Blogger is giving me major issues!!

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Custom Search
  • 34 Comments on “NAYO + SOUL E”

Comments
    • flabby March 17, 2008 at 12:59 PM

first!!
      apparently this is something everyone wants to be on balla’s blog!
      nayo..thats interesting
      i only just discvered asa..and im loving her!!

• Anonymous March 17, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Bella, Well done. Ure is a pretty lady.
      One cannot tell the age difference bw the two.
      I wish Soul E and Ure a happy married life.

• flabby March 17, 2008 at 1:26 PM

amazing interview!

• sTeLlAsGrOoVe March 17, 2008 at 1:31 PM

i wish them luck but someone shud help me tell them to take their marraige off public view,they are trying so hard to prove a point to those who said they wont last together and this aint worth it..they shud get busy with marriage abeg.they r trying too hard to make the public see they are happy.i wish them luck from my heart though..lol

• Uzo March 17, 2008 at 1:36 PM

So who is going to send me the Nayo cd now?

Age is nothing but a number so if they love each other…good for them

Glad you had a good weekend

• Anonymous March 17, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Bella,

Your blog was featured on SoundCity on AIT the other day, yer your page was shown briefly. They also had some goss about 9ice and Toni, with pics too.

Keep it up.

Chioma, UK

• Ladi March 17, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Ure and Soul E-I did the same post on them last week..lol

Nayo= the next Sade I guess listened to some songs on her myspace page.

• Indigenous Productions March 17, 2008 at 3:55 PM

I really pray that they have a great marriage.

• Jay March 17, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Nayo’s music is great.

Who are these two??? How come I never heard of them?? What song did this Soul E sing. They look cute togeter

• Gbemi's Piece March 17, 2008 at 5:36 PM

How sweet! Goodluck to them.

• Nwanyi Ocha March 17, 2008 at 6:29 PM

top 20 – yea!!!

@ flabby “i’m watchin u”

haven’t really listened to Nayo but will be giving it a go.

• UndaCovaSista March 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM

When i read 12 years age difference, i was actually thinking he was older than her and just looked good for his age! Clueless :)

I saw Nayo live in Soho last week. She’s good, but doesnt sound quite as much like Sade as the media would like you to believe.

• Anonymous March 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Im sorry yall but a public declaration of love on telly is straigh up CHEESE as good as they both look….come on now

• Vera Ezimora March 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM

WOW.

Ure definitely looks younger than her age. I’m happy for them sha, and I hope they make it through. Ure has some mad liver ooo. I cannot even date someone who is my age sef…but they look good and look genuinely in love.

• teddy March 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Vera,i tire oh.i tot i was d only one dat couldnt date someone my age,fear no wan make me talk am before but wit u,i don bold!!!!!lol
      as for d two of dem,i tink they are tryin too hard to prove to us they are in love,i would like to come back in 5years and see them still married,dat woman cant be submissive to SoulE now,on top wat??say him be man???she looks very very sweet sha,at 35??hmmmm,na wah oh.havnt u noticed dat in all their interviews,she’s always beggin him to chill,chill,d guy is 23 and isnt acting mature than his age,so every1 should 4get d hullaballoo
      Bella,pleeeeeeeeease,post d remaining,i know blogger can be annoyin but please,the interview was truly interesting

• Ifeomaadiagwuagwu March 18, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Urenna & Soul E: so sweet. I pray that Soul E would grow in the relationship – he is young.

Ure could be more experienced and mature, maybe. I believe that there is room for growth.

If Debbie Allen and her husband can do it and they are still together after so many years; about 18 – 20 years, (if i am right.) Then anything is possible in Urenna’s & Soul E’s relationship and marriage.

Usher & Tameka are there, let’s see how it goes, (i hope it is not off the point.)

Bella, Bella – fabulous, chicala.

• Unbiased March 18, 2008 at 12:14 PM

What major issues dear?
      Tell me so i can deal with them!!!

• Isi March 18, 2008 at 12:19 PM

indeed, age is nothing but a number… very nice!

• Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Interesting Indeed. There is no clear cut formula to love. They are bold to date after a few stares in Church and “Can we be intimate?” text messages!

She is beautiful at 35 and 35 aint even old anymore. 30 is the new 20!

Is it just me Bella and the chicks reading this or are Musicians now the new eligible bachelors? Some of us know the kind of looks we will get if we tell our parents that we are dating musicians or someone in the entertainment circuit. ( I know, i know… it doesn’t matter now, things have changed..but u know what i mean now. if he is not a dr. legal eagle, or some banker then our parents are one kind)

Correct Babes just keep bagging these entertainers and becoming their managers and torch bearers. Giving credence to a once frowned upon occupation.

Personally, I think its all good. Musicians and entertainers are just as valid as the others or the usual suspects that ladies usually go for.

So, while I won’t run to the next concert to find my next lover, I will certainly keep an open mind with regards to finding a nice entertainer man to make beautiful music with *wink*

Parazone Super Bleach

• Mena November 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

It seems marrying muscians is not all that its touted to be, 9ice as well as Soul E have left their other halves!

• BOBBY March 18, 2008 at 2:56 PM

If they are in love and they want to world to know then i dont see any harm in that…

Soul E and wife…carry on.

Do whatever you want and its whatever!

• Paris March 18, 2008 at 7:30 PM

erm this isnt a personal attack as i do not know who they are but pls the red du-rag and suit…JESU!! R U KIDDING ME??? i think i lost my sight there 4 a minute!

i wanna say they look good 2gether but that would be jumpin on the bandwagon maybe if i knew more abt them……
      d chick is pretty tho but werent they d ones that Niyi blogged abt them opening their own church?

• Paris March 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM

ok y d hell would they ask a man 2 choose between his wife and the church???

• Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 9:48 PM

ME LIKEY THE nAYO ALBUM COVER…AS FOR SOUL E AND HIS WIFE…ABEG MAKE NNA FREE THEM…THEY ARE HAPPY IN LOVE AND IF THEY WANT TO PUBLICLY DISPLAY LOVE I DONT SEE WHY THEY SHUD BE SLATED FOR IT…THEY LOOK CUTE/HAPPY/FULFILLED.LOVE COMES IN MANY WAYS AND IS EXPRESSED IN MANY WAYS AS WELL…THIS IS HOW THEY CHOOSE TO EXPRESS THEIRS….LET THEM BE JO!!!

BELLA BELLA WELL DONE!!!

• !*!*!*!*!Fresh and Fab!*!*!*!*! March 19, 2008 at 2:14 PM

i cant watch this right now, but ill make sure to check it out later

u have a nice site here

• The poets voice ~~~ March 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM

wow, this i s really interesting! i wish them a happy life!
      Bella, nice one! keep up the work

• Coffie March 19, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Really like your Blog Bella, almost addicted..almost..lol..check out my blog..I’m new to this all

• Anonymous March 21, 2008 at 12:31 AM

The interview was absurd. Funmi and the other lady practically attacked them and questioned their marriage. I don’t know why they are trying so hard to prove their marriage is not bogus. I don’t think it will last. The guy doesn’t know what he wants and Ure is a fraud exploiting a confused 20 something yrs old.

• Anonymous March 21, 2008 at 7:46 PM

common guys,i mean common…they now have a ministry?can someone please explain to me?maybe i didnt get it right,a M-I-N-I-S-T-R-Y?God help us,this is not even funny at all.

• Anonymous March 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Good luck to Soul E and Ure. Its good to see an older Naija woman dating a younger man. Why not? Why is it okay for those old men in Nigeria to date and marry women old enough to be their daughters (i.e., Bianca Onoh and Ojukwu, Rasaq Okoya and Sade). What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Soul E and Ure, I don’t know you two, but I wish you all the best married life and continued joy and happiness. Haters need to step back and mind their business. Spit three times on all the haters.

• NigerianDramaQueen March 22, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Nayo’s picture is fireeeeee!

• shop liquorice March 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM

nayo’s gorgeous!
      love.

• Uzo March 25, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Hey….Can anyone help me? I am looking for contact information for Beauty Concerns (the spa in Lagos)

• [...] Celebrity couple, musician Soul E & banker Queen Ure have reportedly broken up. The couple who caused a sensation when they announced that they were married recently separated. Ure gave an interview to a soft-sell newspaper stating that she is having financial problems and this contributed to the breakup. Soul E is currently based in South East Asia (Malaysia & Phillipines) while Ure is picking up the pieces by returning to her banking career with FinBank. We hope they can resolve their differences and get back together. For background details on the couple, Click HERE & HERE [...]