BN EXCLUSIVE: KRIS OKOTIE’S WEDDING

Household of God Church Pastor & Former Presidential Candidate, Reverend Kris Okotie tied the knot today in a traditional ceremony in Lagos. He married Stephanie Henshaw who is also a member of his Household of God ministry.
The wedding took place today, 7th August 2008 at the bride’s family house in Ikoyi, Lagos. The court ceremony will take place tomorrow, 8th August 2008 and the festivities will round off with a thanksgiving service at the Household of God Church on Sunday, 10th August 2008.

Traditional Ceremony

Registry Ceremony

Church Thanksgiving

All the best to the couple!

61 Comments on BN EXCLUSIVE: KRIS OKOTIE’S WEDDING
  • Nigerican August 7, 2008 at 10:12 pm

I love it!!!… i love seeing people find love again :). Congrats to the luvly couple.

• Nigerican August 7, 2008 at 10:13 pm

being on vacation…a.k.a unemployed ,pays off… FIRST!!!!

• aloted August 7, 2008 at 10:59 pm

congrats to Pastor Okotie and his pretty wife

• Anonymous August 7, 2008 at 10:59 pm

third comment, 2nd person lol! They both look good together, its not easy to be in love o.

• Anonymous August 7, 2008 at 11:34 pm

Good work Bella.Show dem how to report a story in pictures.

• Anonymous August 7, 2008 at 11:59 pm

I guess bellanaija is now paparazzi! LOL! Nice shots…. Show them how is done!

• Bhookey August 8, 2008 at 12:24 am

awwww nice, is this his first marriage?? just wondering cause im thinkin he should be old, i used to go to his church back when i was like 5 ,wife is really pretty tho

• Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 1:58 am
  • Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 3:20 am

happy for him

• Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 6:49 am

You Rock Bella!

• TMinx August 8, 2008 at 8:12 am

http://www.naijagal.blogspot.com/ had an article about it. He was married before but is divorced and the article is sort of an interview about that..not very well written though.

• misspumping August 8, 2008 at 9:55 am

na wa o good for him sha

• Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu August 8, 2008 at 10:12 am

Nice pictures, Bella

• Emilia August 8, 2008 at 12:30 pm

What a wedding not my favorate type of weding style exactly but It was nice and different. I was at a wedding to this weekend check it out

• Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 1:04 pm

This is so funny..But im sorry to say this doesn’t seem like real love to me specially for the stephanie chic but all the best to them..

• Naija Sutra August 8, 2008 at 1:38 pm

The lady is so pretty…..nice post.

• Hair Azara August 8, 2008 at 1:54 pm

HEy bella, loving the post and the pics. keep it up!!

• Afrobabe August 8, 2008 at 4:27 pm

cool pics…

• Frank Olisa August 8, 2008 at 5:43 pm

In Nigeria money answereth all things….the fellow deserves it anyway…kudos to him

• still at work August 8, 2008 at 6:25 pm

its not the first for either of them
    this is his second time

this is her third… first husband died… second didnt work out

i think its good they both have had experiences behind them and have the maturity handle a marraige that will be under much scrutiny

celeb life no easy at all

• shola pacheco August 8, 2008 at 7:57 pm

bella as usual nice post,ur paparazzi get another level,i give it 2 u ur gd.wish pastor chris nd his wife d best married life can offer

• jennesse August 8, 2008 at 10:18 pm

emm…no comment

• Anonymous August 8, 2008 at 11:49 pm

anonymous 1:o4pm why do u say it’s not real love for Stephenie .. do you know her story
    wendu

• Anonymous August 9, 2008 at 12:11 pm

@wendu

u too like gist!

• OluwaDee August 9, 2008 at 2:45 pm

Love the cake.

• Waffarian August 9, 2008 at 6:17 pm

abeg, make una help me look that man with the black bowler hat for the last two pictures…heheheheh laugh wan kill me…

• Sisi Blu August 9, 2008 at 11:24 pm

THAT CAKE! WAWEEZI! A++ FROM ME!

• Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 12:22 am

anonymous 12:11 pm …who no like gist abeg leave me ooh
    wendu

• Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 12:39 am

congrat on pastor chris wedding but can a pastor called man of god get married twice when first wife is still alive? can a pastor wedding traditionally using dancer and masqurade? which kind of music is been played pls?i have trillion of questions for this man of god oooooooooooooooooooooooo………..

• Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 12:58 am

The 2nd to the last picture
    she looks like she doesnt want to kiss him..lol

• Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 6:51 am

@Anonymous; na wa 4 u o! Where u c masquerades and waht is wrong in wearing trado outfit and celebrating ur culture? All this colo-mentality dat everything trado na idolatry don tire me! Be happy 4 d man jare. Man of God dis, man of God dat! Na man im be, he’s found luv again, make una carry una judgemental bad belle go siddon. Steph and Chris, happy married life!

• Uzo August 10, 2008 at 9:06 am

Bella, how on earth did you get these pictures so fast? The official photographer by the way was Seyi Body-Lawson….

• Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 9:25 am

@ anonymous 12:39
    very good issues raised, esp about the dancers i was in shock when i saw this..and am not totally anti-divorce so cant say much about that.

but the whole wedding emm…abeg speak to your pastor b4 u try something like this, i’ve always wanted a traditional wed. myself but lets be careful

• still at work! August 10, 2008 at 11:59 am

Did you know exchange of rings during marriage was adopted from the ancient Egyptian cult of ISIS?

We all do it now in Church. What is important is that the context is not the same. Onyinbo can adapt things to suit relevant context even where religion is concerned. Africans sadly find this difficukt to do. Hence traditional automatically equals fetish, backward etc…. Sad

what is wrong with the dancers?

there is no masquerade there either and for your information that is a traditional marriage and the ceremony is handled by the brides family. She comes from a family with an origin and a culture. She wasnt picked off the streets.

Even then there are many adjustments I can see

eg the bride has no brass combs in her hair… problably a nod to born againism

however i feel very very sad and it is ironic that to obey percieved christian constraints one must instead of our beautiful efik braided styles have fake flowing locks

they have tried jo… unless there is NO TRADITIONAL CEREMONY people will find fetish conotations in everything even breathing

• Idemili August 10, 2008 at 1:34 pm

I didn’t know he wasn’t married…Oh wait, I see the first comment. He’s marrying again.

• Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 9:01 pm

@ wafarian…you be bad person, lol. Ehen? Na witness na? E be like say e stretch e mouth small for the second pisure.the guy get good reflexes.My belle go soon burst.

• Anonymous August 13, 2008 at 2:17 am

my own question is: Wasn’t this the same pastor that “fired” or refused to wed Soul E and Queen Ure bcos he felt they were too unconventional (ie…her being older than him…)? Isnt it ironic what he’s doing now?

Nma

• Natures Gentle Touch August 13, 2008 at 12:29 pm

I think they both suit each other. I have seen them once together in public.

I wish them both a Happy Married Life this time.

• Anonymous August 15, 2008 at 1:07 am

hmmmmm, is it just me or der is sumthng wrng here..first it looks like its the pastor beggn for the affectn and the lady aloof…2ndly,i believe ders sumthng to the effect of marriage in the Bible dat clearly states that a spouse is NOT to re-marry if the other is still alive only wen the person as passed away is ONLY then, one is free to remarry…i belive for both couples here both ex-spouses are still alive and kicking…hmmmm? im srry but he isnt settng a good example kinda making mockery of christianity.

• Emi August 17, 2008 at 12:53 am

I want to say, I respect this man of God for holding on this long.Those who know the story about his first marriage will understand this. 2ndly,those who have issues with this wedding need to take a look at the “…if the unbelieving departs…” clause in 1st.Cor.7:15 b/4 being jugdemental. I wish the couple a fruitful married life.

• Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 3:25 pm

the marriage is in order. but i charge the pastor and the new bride to live right be4 man and GOD.prepare your congregation for the ultimate; MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB,then you will do well before the creator. as you rightly know that everythig is fixed here,but eternity is endless.where we will be then matters most to GOD.congats.

• joseph f August 20, 2008 at 3:46 pm

WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL ON THIS “CULTURE” ISSUE SO THAT WE DONT GO BEYOND BIBLICAL STANDARD. WE NEED TO OPEN OUR MINDS TO GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT TO DIRECT US SO THAT WE WILL NOT FALL SHORT OF GOD’S REQUIREMENTS FOR HEAVEN. PERILIOUS TIMES ARE HERE, WE NEED TO BECAREFUL.THE DEVIL IS SMART EVEN SMARTER THAN MANY BELIVERS.HE WILL PAINT THE COLOUR BRIGHT AND ATTRACTIVE.IT IS LEFT FOR US TO DISCERN AND DISCERN WELL.PASTOR KRIS AND WIFE, PLS. FEED THE LORD’S SHEEP WITH THE TRUTH THA CAN GET THEM TO HEAVEN.

• Anonymous September 10, 2008 at 5:07 am

PASTOR KRIS OKOTIE,

IS A TRUE MAN OF GOD, HE HAS CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY TO OUR SURGE IN OUR RELATIONAL WAYS TO GOD.. IAM SO GLAD, THAT GOD GAVE HIM YET ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. I BELIEVE TINA WILL BE HAPPY FOR HIM,TOO..

• Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 4:30 am

I would say as a christiian, I saddens me to see marraiges break up. What is better,for him to continue to live in sin(bcos man no be wood) or for him to marry again ?? I guess ther’s no winning this one !!. CHRISTIANS !! PLEASE stay married!!!GOD hates divorce!! Y’all need to be careful who you marry, could it work for ever? IT SHOULD!!! What happened to Teena anyway ?? Is she remarried too ??

• Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 4:34 am

NA WAH OOOOOH !!! MAN OF GOD !!! I NO JUDGE YOU SHA !! THAT IS LEFT FOR GOD TO DO !!

• Anonymous October 3, 2008 at 2:15 pm
  • Anonymous October 12, 2008 at 3:23 am

Hey Pastor Okotie don old sha!!! But I quess life goes on. I no fit judge sha !! God is for us all.
    Pastor Okotie of “across the jordan” in Obasa street used to my model pastor!! wetin come happen O!!! I guess this christian walk no easy O !!!!I hope we are still running this race as we continue to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, and hope HOUSEHOLD is still solid(is it?)
    Stephanie! well,take good care of my pastor(Householder in Houston TX)

• Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 7:03 pm

congratulations to pastor okotie and his beautiful wife.

• Chika Moses January 19, 2009 at 3:04 am

Okay, I don’t know who the pastor is or what his church is about; however, she’s young and hot, and he is… well, he’s not. So what I want to know is “DANG! HOW THE HELL DID HE GET HER?”
    LOL!

• Musa Sadur March 27, 2009 at 3:17 am

Chris,na wah, wetin i hear na true, this lady na person wife b4, tell us if na true, if na true u fuck up man, as girl many reach for your church, but if na lie, wetin i go use una eye see ehnnnn…ok.chris fine, T.Bakare if na true say that lady na another person wife b4, u for nor go na, because we know say u be man of principle.wetin really happen.

• Hamaseyo April 28, 2009 at 7:24 am

hope they didn’t commit fornication…

• diva December 2, 2010 at 4:32 am

not bad, its amazing how pple find love in the weirdest places. i’ just hoping she married him for the genuine reason and not because he is her church leader

• kenora February 8, 2011 at 12:55 am

this one nor look like real luv..they said truth is bitter but it must be say.any way wishin them all d best

• KOBIMZY February 28, 2011 at 1:50 am

Marriage is soo dificult that even men of God cannot handle their marital problems and get divorced. I wonder what advice they would give to couples that are having problem or what they would even be preaching to their congregation about divorce. God save us. Western life i give you kudos for this.

• Sandra June 25, 2012 at 11:35 am

After all these celebration what could have being irreconcilable about this thier marriage now? na wa o may God have mercy oand pls u too need to come back o it is not acceptable by public o, pastor wat eva d case is pls resolve it o…

• Rev. Paul Agu June 25, 2012 at 1:08 pm

This is no laughing matter! Another divorce! I’s time we start praying fervently 4 our Reverend Gentlemen and their wives. I guess Nigeria is not trying to become another America in it’s bastardized Christian virtues ..Oh, I’m lost for words.

Pastor Chris, e rara o!

• doppleganger June 25, 2012 at 2:27 pm

and its a wrap for him again! on to the nest!

• L.A Chick June 26, 2012 at 5:09 am

I wonda if e go marry again…

• esosa July 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Fast forward to 2012 and its over and i hear he’s planning another one soon.shame pastor SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

• Oluwabunmi Abode Viv November 14, 2012 at 4:21 pm

hasn’t the marriage ended now