MBGN World Adaeze Igwe gears up to grab the crown at Miss World 2008

Posted on Saturday, October 18th, 2008 at 12:02 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Adaeze Igwe - MBGN World 2008

On the 13th of December 2008, the 58th edition of the Miss World Pageant will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Pageant historians will remember that South Africa was the site where Nigeria’s Agbani Darego entered the history books as the first Nigerian and also first Black African to win the crown.
So will history repeat this year?

Adaeze Igwe, Nigeria’s representative at this year’s pageant believes so. Adaeze was the odds on favourite at this year’s Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant and she was eventually crowned as the winner which automatically qualified her to represent Nigeria at the Miss World contest.

___________________

Miss Adaeze Chinenye Igwe

Age: 18 Height: 173cm

Languages: English

Adaeze grew up in Anambra State, Onitsha and Lagos. Nigeria is a country rich in oil, solid minerals, and agricultural products.

Adaeze has graduated High School and is currently a student at university, her ambition is to become a top model.

She enjoys travel, swimming, piano, hip hop, R & B, Salsa and her favourite food is rice and stew.

_______________

——————————-

We wish Adaeze all the best at the pageant.

Back to the question, will history repeat itself in Johannesburg?

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 31 Comments on “MBGN World Adaeze Igwe gears up to grab the crown at Miss World 2008”

Comments
    • Mikel October 18, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Mehn, dis woman is fyne, beautiful,,sensational!! EXCELLENT!! Omalicha nwa…..nwanyi oma!…i bow 4 u..

i hope she wins

Bella, thanx for this…..ur blogs are great.

• Nkechi October 18, 2008 at 8:05 PM

i don’t like her weave

• WHY THOUGH? October 18, 2008 at 9:02 PM

She’s a hottie! =)

• sinther October 18, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Yea..she can do better with that weave..its a mess

• Ko Easy October 19, 2008 at 5:45 AM

she is very pretty!

• missyG October 19, 2008 at 11:11 PM

She is a very cute girl. I hope she has a good showing at the Miss World Pageant.

• Drex October 20, 2008 at 7:36 AM

she is so hot. love her

• Ojabokofo October 21, 2008 at 8:33 PM

I’d like to see Some pictures of her that haven’t been “air-brushed-to-death”…

I wish her all the best though.. would be Nice If Naija Did it Again!

• Iheanyi October 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Ok. She is a pretty girl but the hair and make up need to go. She needs a cleaner look. This just too dolled up and I hate it.Lol.

• Sugabelly October 24, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Like I said before. Once again, Nigerians are buying into the delusion that you have to be as light-white-looking as possible to be considered “beautiful”. Her hair is obviously dyed and she has a weave. I thought the pageant was about your own beauty and not a fake representation. I won’t mince my words. I’ll shower praise when I see a Nigerian beauty queen that actually looks black. Sorry, but Adaeze is not something to aspire/look up to for me. This is the reason why I far prefer Oluchi, not because of her success or her Victoria’s Secret contract but because if someone says ‘Oh she’s Nigerian’ you can nod your head in agreement not crane your neck around and say “what the f***?”. Oluchi is stunning, and best of all she looks Nigerian too.

• Ronami October 25, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Odunze I feel u jare she no fine like dat…..

• christopher November 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Dame!!! she is so fine and i wish i can meet her some day

• Bgal November 14, 2008 at 12:31 PM

I don’t think history would repeat itself this year. Wish her well though

• Prince November 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM

I think most things about her are fake, we need a real black African, please.

• Trendy November 16, 2008 at 7:41 AM

“actually looks black”?
      You do realize that there are light skinned Nigerians too. The fact that Oluchi has a darker skin tone, does not make her any more Nigerian than Adaeze, and i know Oluchi also has on weaves.

• Dorah November 18, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Homegirl’s weave is a mess and her make up sucks. She’s a pretty girl, but they have to CLEAN her up. I hope she wins though. She’s Igbo from the Anambra too, just like me!
      HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• vivian o November 22, 2008 at 4:17 AM

Pretty girl. My concern is not her weave and makeup, but that she is so regular looking and may not stand out enough to be noticed by the judge unless she has a powerful personality that comes across well. As for the weave and makeup, I don’t like what was done in this instance, but I do not have problems with the use of such beauty enhancements. After all, most South American beauty queens and beauty queens from the West have had more plastic surgery and use more beauty enhancers (weave included) than the whole of Africa put together. Seriously. We always focus on the Black girl that is rocking a weave, but turn a blind eye to the white chicks that have a chest full of silicon and clip-on hair extensions.

My two-cents.

• femme November 24, 2008 at 1:11 AM

she does look dolled up but saying she isn’t African isn’t fair. we all know Igbo girls can be very ”yallow”. Just wondering why it says only English as her spoken language especially since she grew up in onitsha.I like the two pictures in the middle though.

• Uche November 30, 2008 at 5:18 PM

Why are nigerians so hung up on fair skin.get over it.Ever since i was small i got teased for it.some are born with it ,seriously its no biggie.

• yetunde December 1, 2008 at 11:39 PM

i believe she s got d persona nd potentials 2 clinch d crown. so history could b done.

• maki December 5, 2008 at 8:23 PM

shez a pretty girl,but the miss world pageant is a world-clss competition n i dont think she’ld go very far in the competition.her weave looks really tacky and her make-up could be improved.i personally dont like d ‘wannabe-blonde’ look.anyway,the ppl @ MBGN shld consider getting her a new stylist.also,am i the only one who thinks she’ld look better with dark/black hair…think omowunmi akinifessi-now that’ld be really classy!just my thoughts…

• Paris December 16, 2008 at 5:26 AM

WOW! i have heard it all, sooooooooo because she is light in complexion, she is NOT AFRICAN ENOUGH??
      alot of people suffer tremendously from severe self esteem and complex issues. Pls when u want 2 criticize, make it as constructive as possible in order not to come across sounding like a real ignorant Prick! What Nonsense! Thank God 4 BHF magazine sha! Btw Bella when are u going to do a feature on them?

with that said, Adaeze is a pretty girl but needs new stylists in every area possible. She is looking a little too average and i doubt that will get her d crown.
      Nonetheless, wish her all the best.

• silver January 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM

is there any rule that says a light skinned NIGERIAN girl cannot be MBGN? abi only dark-skinned people are Nigerian? we nigerians have serious issues, and we are our own enemies. So if u are very fair u are not Nigerian enough Sugabelly? please there is notin rong wit Adaeze’s skin, like Femme rightly said most ibo peeps are light-skinned besides we’ve had fair queens and dark queens. If all former beauty queens were fair , then maybe ur argument may have a little validity..

• Sugabelly January 30, 2009 at 6:39 PM

And how do you explain her hair? Last time I checked there were no naturally blonde Nigerians..except albinos. She doesn’t look albino to me.

• amaka March 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM

i have no problem with her skin like the rest of you, but her hair is a mess! how could she have won because she looks so average. i do have reason to believe she won because maybe they thought a fair skinned girl would do better in the competition. they’re in it to win it. but anyway…her hair is a mess. when black women (african women) get blond hair does it mean that they dont like their dark hair. or is having blond hair make you more beautiful? or does it make you feel better about yourself having white-like hair? i dont understand, when women get blond hair, to me, it makes it seem like your saying white is better and that its more beautiful. they need to pick a better girl next time. but at least she’s igbo, just like me!!! YEAH!!!
      i have fair skin too, but i dont think its any better than dark skin, so people STOP COMPLAINING!

• 9jabook April 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM

i think she is hot and fact she is lightskinned dont matter she did well and came up at lest as ist runner up sports in the Miss world 2008

• AMAKA June 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM

stephanie oforka miss taraba should have won. she has more desireable qualitites than adaeze.
      adeze is okay but stephanie is much better and looks better.
      stephanie is too good!

• THE AMAKA July 31, 2009 at 1:48 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! i know this post is old but bella i laugh at the title.
      what the hell is “gears up to grab the crown at miss world”
      never. i knew as soon as they picked her that she didnt have a chance of winning.
      like somoene said on an earlier post, they need to start having open calls from each state that participates. and from the girls they choose from the open call, they can then go and compete for the crown in their state, and then for the crown in MBGN. i think they will have better girls, and the competition will be more REAL and will probably have the best girls out there.
      the best looking girls in nigeria are probably worried about getting married, finishing school, and their parents wont approve. she is most DEF not the prettiest in Nigeria. in my local village i see people better looking than her.
      but maybe hope for 2010, i dont know too much about 2009 either.

• sonia October 13, 2009 at 8:09 PM

ADAEZE… IS JUST DER ( I DNT FINK SHE’S SMART)… I WONDER HOW SHE WON THE COMPETITION….HMMMM…… I SMELL A FISH!!!

• g November 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

As black people we need to get over this light vs Dark
      As blacks and as Africans we are to skin colour what whites or Europeans are to hair colour and eye colour.

When it comes to the colour of our skin we have the highest level of indigenous divserty of any group of people that is a fact.
      We should embrace all of our skin tones whether we be dark or light

light skinned black dark skined black we are all black.

• Emeka Igwe April 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

After all said and done, Adaeze is Miss World. The most beautiful and most virtuous of her peers, having won the world crown of beauty and the crown of matrimony, blessed with a bouncing baby. What else can we expect, than the jealousy and joy to continue. I am proud of Adaeze, and my daughter, also Adaeze, is proud of her namesake. I m her big uncle and ‘BIG FAN’, from Enugu state, Nigeria, but my current home is Houston TX. I look forward to her visit any where in the US of A. Ride on my baby and may God continue to bless your marriage and family.