With hundreds of stage plays and movies on her resume, Nigerian actress Joke Silva is a respected veteran. She has enjoyed a long and fulfilled stint in the limelight. Ms Silva (or Mrs Jacobs as you wish) isn’t resting on her oars.

She recently collaborated with label KemKemStudio for a fashion spread which was shot by photographer Toni Tones and featured in Elan – the Fashion Insert of Next on Sunday Newspaper.

With her hair styled into an braided updo, Ms Silva wore a selection of KemKemStudio pieces.She went from girly – in an asymmetrical knee length ankara dress to edgy yet elegant in a beige and black silk print jumpsuit.

This is a positive collaboration and there are lots of possibilities. We have seen most of these pieces in previous KemKemStudio collections, would be great if she and Ms Silva collaborate for a special collection featuring all new pieces. These sort of collaborations between the movie and fashion industry will definitely contribute towards the development of both industries.

Photos below.

77 Comments on Nigerian Film & Theatre Icon Joke Silva’s delightful pairing with KemKemStudio shot by Toni Tones for Elan
  • Miss ATL November 3, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Not bad. Wish the photography was a little better though

• Passerby November 3, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Co-sign this, the lighting is quite poor

• Amseriouslyinlove. November 3, 2010 at 2:44 pm

first to gboriwole! I wonder how I am going to look at this woman’s age..she is ever looking radiant. Contemporary Momma.

• bimbim November 3, 2010 at 6:26 pm

lol @ gboriwole…but unfortunately u r 2nd!

• jojo November 3, 2010 at 2:50 pm

yeahh….@Miss ATL, I agree wiv u..

• Ronnie November 3, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Joke Silva Jacobs is absolutely gorgeous!

• Africhic November 3, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I agree the photography could have been better!

• Fimile November 3, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Pictures are gorgeous

• lustre November 3, 2010 at 3:33 pm

erm, d first picture ddnt portray d dress ur age rule n dat was exactly d one dat really fit her

• Ochella November 4, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I thot the photographs could have been better and yes the first dress wasnt age appropraite. Overall Joke Silva Rocks. What a legend!

• lustre November 5, 2010 at 9:39 am

*was exactly d one that ddnt fit her i meant to say*

• Wunmi November 9, 2010 at 7:00 pm

I agree ooooh!!!! make up, photography, lighting – non et non!!!!! and the black short sleeve pant suit was not appropriate. considering her hips, those side flies or flaps or whatever they were on the pants weren’t necessary ooh!!! na wa!

• ebirose November 10, 2010 at 11:17 pm

u r very correct. the gud news though, is that no matter what and how she wears it, this legendary beauty is still the same and only Joke Silva – her very self

• tama November 3, 2010 at 3:36 pm

she looks nice in some of the pictures , but her make up in some are not just ok.. just like when she was on project fame , der wer times dey really messed up her face
    and i really dont get the whole boobs pouring picture 9

but i still like d woman sha ….

• warrahell November 3, 2010 at 11:53 pm

please explain to me how her boobs are pouring out ooooo! God will help us and conservatism oshi in Nigeria. they are decent enough. If she had been wearing trads with the same neckline you would have said how cute.
      Jesus.

• tama November 4, 2010 at 10:13 am

Wat ever , everyone is entitiled to saying watever

• Tee November 3, 2010 at 3:36 pm

My best Nigerian actress so far….love Joke Jacobs

• nelly November 3, 2010 at 3:44 pm

now this is how i’m going to be looking when i’m her age… mummy!!!!! (where is my mum ?) you need to see this plsssss…..

• Ujubaby November 3, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Wow, just one word, GORGEOUS, muah!

• Show some love November 3, 2010 at 4:05 pm

love teh fotos. Joke Silva is absoulutely beautiful. she look slovely in the outfits. I didnt liek teh one with jeans and the one with the suit where her boobs were showing. The other dresees are absoulutely stunning and is suitable for her age

• jennietobbie November 3, 2010 at 4:06 pm

graceful….that’s the word. xoxo

• Nana November 3, 2010 at 4:07 pm

The lightin of this entire photo shoot is horribe.Too much unecessary light on the face.The make up is also not nice(@ all o) pls o Toni pls up ur game asap this industry is too hot for these kinda lapses.

• Dan November 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I agree with Nana. Too much hotspot on her face in the photographs. I am beginning to worry about Toni.

• sco-sco! November 3, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Aunty JOKE! Mama de Mama! Okay o….Mama no go gree unless you call her sisi! I love it!

• Sandra November 3, 2010 at 4:17 pm

hey Mama you are not looking bad baby u are still in town Bobo Olu jakky is watching o guys keep off…..lol I realy Love dis woman she is one of my role model

• bekky November 3, 2010 at 4:19 pm

she reminds me so much about my mother.black is beautiful.

• Janice November 3, 2010 at 4:34 pm

WOW!!! Mummy Joke is looking so amazing. she hasn’t aged at all!!! i really love some of the gowns here too…the first gown is my favourite, that jeans and blazer combo is really nice too! Mummy joke i dey hail o!!!!

• mysterious November 3, 2010 at 4:36 pm

JOKE SILVA! Looking really good but please who is the makeup artist? HORRIBLE MAKEUP – the stylist too – some of these dresses doesnt suit her frame!
    but she loogs good regardless

• Gosh! November 3, 2010 at 4:47 pm

She’s pretty amazing! Graceful if you’d ask me….
    @Nelly,is your mum 49?cos she’s 49(1961)

• Kilonsparkles November 3, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I love her!

• RMG November 3, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I love and admire this woman.lovely photos(wish some of the make-up was slightly less though)

• Blackberry November 3, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I am upset with the makup artist and the stylist! they actually aged her instead of making her look graceful and youthful. The photography did not help either. This is a woman i love and admire. Bad makup, bad styling, bad photography on a woman of grace and style. i hope they dont get paid.

• Wunmi November 9, 2010 at 7:01 pm

LOL Blackberry!!! youve said it all!! they better not get paid. I love this woman. Banke and Bola should work on her!

• Juniorandpretty November 3, 2010 at 6:13 pm

the photography is not that great.The dresses dont fit that well…I aint no hater…Kudos for effort.Loves Joke Silva…

• Justme November 3, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Very nice…..

• funtizzy November 3, 2010 at 6:46 pm

wow, she is looking good

• Lara November 3, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Luv Joke Silva in these photos, really like d way most of d expressions have been captured

• Myne Whitman November 3, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Wow, Tres Chic!

• Cindy November 3, 2010 at 7:30 pm

The photography is quite impressive. It’s the style the photographer goes with. Somewhat conceptual.

• Ngozi November 3, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Ty Bello or Lanre Balogun would have done a better job with the pictures.

• Yuds November 3, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Awww… I love this! African Prints on a mature black beauty! All so regal and authentic! LOVES!

• J'Babe November 3, 2010 at 8:08 pm

The photography is quite bad, the light… terrible. The woman herself though is graceful and the clothes are not bad.

• Jeff November 3, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Joke Silver can pull a stint anyday anywhere, at home, abroad….. I think she’s just awesome.

• mzdiva November 3, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Beautiful woman but the stylist could have done a better job. Some of the clothes are not flattering, especially the last dress. She looks bigger than she is. There are nice styles out there that suit curvy women. In pic 6, the outfit is so wrong. The top should
    not have been tucked in. Other than that she is a great actress.

• just me November 3, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Photography is not all about clicking on the shutter, Especially for this kind of work, Toni should have used lighting to flatter JS’s shape, especially her arms, hips and tummy. There was unneccasy flood of light on her face. That is a no no! I personally felt the emotions were not well capture. It’s just like reading a book ang getting the gist. I did not get the gist in the photos. If this photos are for commercial purpose, then i strongly suggest you step up your game. I could see too much saturation in areas where it was not called for.

• Chipii Banda November 3, 2010 at 11:40 pm

The lighting in these photos is terrible!

• genesis November 3, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Is it me, or do a few of these comments sound like they are all coming from the same person. Lol. Haters. Photographer Toni Tones you know you have arrived when you have haters. Nana, Dan, just me, you are quite obviously the same person, ‘just me’ you even messed up by commenting twice using the same name, your first comment was ‘very nice’ and then your second comment was all the hatered that followed. Whoever you are, you are a sadooo. Lovely pictures, love the clothes, love Joke silver, and Love the photography, more so the lighting.

• MrsRagaBlueBerryMuffin November 4, 2010 at 5:54 am

You must have time to be analyzing and dissecting comments.The fact is, people will like or not like something.It doesnt have to do with hating and i am sure you have heard the words “personal preference” before…

• Passerby November 4, 2010 at 11:01 pm

The word “haters” needs to be made illegal and punishable by law. Most of the comments complaining about the photography are constructive. Everyone has said the lighting was poor… because it was! I’m sure looking back Toni can see that (and if she can’t then….) I’ve been a fan of her photography for a while now and she IS better than this. This shoot was clearly a miss.

• Reeta November 4, 2010 at 12:11 am

Wow! The photos are gorge!!! Ms joke looks beautiful. My absolute Favs are picture 2,5,7,8,9. Love her and her husband.

• Fokasibe November 4, 2010 at 12:13 am

Awesome stuff

• Naijalover November 4, 2010 at 12:44 am

Wonders shall never end. Look at all these backseat drivers. Everybody is a critic these days. Pls Unless you have your own perfect designs to show, your own photography and you are over 50 and look this good, please be quiet. These woman looks beautiful in these pics, all these haters negatively commenting here can only dream of looking this good at this age. Please if you can’t keep your criticisms constructive, then don’t comment at all, bella naijalover is not a haters forum, I especially love the clothes on her, very elegant but very trendy and for her age that is no easy task. The pictures are beautiful, I love the lighting and the designer has done a great job dressing het. Na wa oh for backseat drivers. Everybody wanna be critic.

• Dansia November 4, 2010 at 1:40 am

Photos are just ok. I don’t get the hype here. Not impressed at all…love Joke silva always and forever though :)

• MrsRagaBlueBerryMuffin November 4, 2010 at 1:50 am

Me no likey the pictures.The light is too harsh and shadows are just wrong.The dresses are ill fitting.Na wa o

• Freida November 4, 2010 at 3:21 am

I don’t get the hype about this Toni Tones and her photos…seriously? Is it the “clique” thingy or what? Jide Alakija, Lanre Balogun, etc take way better photos so whats’ the noise about? Please lets give real talent a chance to showcase their work on this amazing Bellanaija platform. enough on the mediocre, friend-know-friend hookups

• Dan November 4, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Toni is more of a fashion photographer and she is very good at what she does. The other guys you have mentioned focus more on weddings. Comparison can be very difficult when judging who is a better photog. I agree that the photos here are of a lower quality than her ususally high standard. Picture 1 is my favourite.

• ChaCha June 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Hi Freida, I agree with you. But every photographer has his or her own style. These few people you have mentioned especially “Lanre Balogun” is an amazing talent. . . . (y)

• FL1 TZ November 4, 2010 at 7:23 am

naona mama na style hongera mama hii ni swahili language from Tanzania

• The sentinel November 4, 2010 at 8:28 am

I agree. That’s what I feel as well, the person calls the photographer by name in most of the comments, you can tell the person knows him personally, probably someone masquerading as his friend, but is a hater, some major hating going on here. The photo are nice. Love them. Nuff said

• Africhic November 4, 2010 at 9:29 am

Does it matter if the person calls the photographer by name. Its life people will criticize it should make the photographer step up her game. Get with the programme. Too many photographers out there for the one that has this opportunity to showcase her work not to do a great job. And no i dont know Toni Tones from Adam

• fokasibe November 4, 2010 at 8:44 am

hmmm…I’m sorry o! I don’t quite like anything about this spread…Seen Joke look way better! The picture quality is poor and this shoot was a miss for me.

• Fifi November 4, 2010 at 9:46 am

Pls i have been trying to get Kem kem contacts
    can anybody help?
    she has to make dresses for asoebi for my wedding!
    yea and sunny rose too for her bangles!
    anyone here who can help?
    Bella jor O!

• Fifi November 4, 2010 at 9:47 am

ituen will be making the dress for the first three outings tho!

• remmy November 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I love Joke Silva… mama still got her swag on!
    Toni Toni Toni Tones ??? Where is your own swag? this photography is not sexy at all…. def not on point compared to the others you’ve done!

• adelegirl November 4, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Nice. Love the hair and the designs are not bad either. Simple and casual. Is it just me or is there really a striking resemblance between Joke Silva and Mo Abudu of Moments with Mo?

• seni November 5, 2010 at 9:10 am

Jide alakija is a wedding photographer, so him and Toni Tones dont even do the same kind of photographer, so please stop being ignorant, and Lanre Balogun , I dont even know what time of photography that one does, that is someone who is really just playing with his camera and clicking the shutter, my 5 year old niece, can take the same pictures as that fellow. Lovely photos.

• Jenifa November 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Lovely photos? Na lie go kill you…lmao…the same photos we are all looking at abi?

• ChaCha June 8, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Wow!!! it’s a pity you wouldn’t just give credit to an up coming and one of the best wedding photographers that will be. . . “Lanre Balogun” to be specfic.

• Freida November 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Lousy photos…love Joke Silva anytime though. One of the bests in Nigeria

• nuges November 5, 2010 at 8:28 pm

wow…this is beyond words. If i take the pictures with my phone i bet it would be a lot better than this Toni Tones work. I am worried about the level of this photography didnt Toni Tones know well that this is a catastrophe? I wonder what is going thru Aunty Joke’s mind now seeing this catastrophe. This is embarrassing. How could bellanaija allow this on her website? What concept where you guys working with? No concept. if they did then it is simply embarrassing. I am so ashamed. it is horrible. I cant even analyze this sad shots. I expected somethin better from Toni Tones. Girl u messed me up and i wont recover in ages. girlfriend…were u trying to do Oleku shots? Abeg make una dey use moussa moussa or Oladipo Oladapo

• mbabazi November 10, 2010 at 8:42 am

im not from maija .please tell me how old this woman is?? i like the clothes and the fact that they flatter the normal african womas body.bravo. visit my blog.http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com/

• wahida shoo November 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm

waoooo strong woman

• valentyn blacksmith January 30, 2011 at 7:38 pm

shes ageless n stunning to…wish the photography came out better

• butterfly February 23, 2011 at 9:41 am

no this is horrible makeup! but joke sylva looks beautiful none the less.

• betty June 30, 2011 at 12:03 pm