Posted on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 at 3:36 PM

By Onos O

London wasn’t the same yesterday,Monday, 27th of  August 2012 when electrifying performances from some of Africa’s very own delivered an exciting concert. The man responsible… D’Banj; the event… “D’Banj Live”, the venue… HMV Apollo, London; his accomplices… Ikechukwu, May7ven, Noni Zondi and Ada Snoop.

“D’Banj Live At HMV Apollo” was hosted by UK’s Choice FM DJ, DJ Abrantee and was the Koko Master – D’Banj‘s first UK headlined Concert since his “Oliver Twist” single dropped.  And, accompanied with enthralling performances from his cohorts - Ikechukwu, May7ven, Noni Zondi and Ada Snoop - D’Banj brought the roof down.

Also, Davido was supposed to be in the bill of showstoppers that night but due to some unforeseen discrepancies, he was unable to perform. Here is a statement he released prior to the concert:

“I regret to let you know that I will not be performing along side my most respected big brother and friend D’BANJ at the scheduled show of August 27, 2012 in London.

I am both a Nigerian citizen, as well as an American citizen, I carry both the Nigerian and the American passports. As an American citizen, I do not require a visa to enter the United Kingdom, however I require a work permit in the UK for any paid performance such as the scheduled August 27, 2012 in London, that is the law in the United Kingdom.

I applied for a work permit at the British Embassy in Abuja/Lagos but unfortunately up till the close of business on Friday August 24, 2012 I was unable to obtain a work permit, as a result I have to cancel my performance and my trip to the United Kingdom altogether.

I apologize for the inconvenience and the disappointment, but be rest assured that I will make it up to you all on a future date. You will agree with me that it is better to be law abiding at all times and in every jurisdiction.

Finally, please go out en mass to support the Koko Master (D’BANJ) and have a wonderful night on August 27, 2012.

Warm Regards,
David Adedeji Adeleke aka Davido

Now, it’s about time the photos do the talking…

Check on it.

DJ Abrantee

Ada Snoop

May7ven

Noni Zondi

Ikechukwu aka International Killz

The Koko Master, D’Banj

Photo Credits: Daniel Sync/ Sync PHOTOS/ www.SyncPHOTOSonline.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 35 Comments on “BN Bytes: D’Banj and Friends Live at HMV Apollo! View the Exciting Photos from their Sizzling Performances”

Comments
    • Annie August 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM

*YAWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

• david August 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM

niceeeeeeee

• Uloma August 28, 2012 at 3:50 PM

CHINEKKEEE NMO! No one…i repeat NO ONE over a size 10 should be wearing leggings. KAI!

• Nwamaka August 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

But she carried it well. Confidence is key. She rocks!

• Elizabeth August 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM

please let her wear leggings last time her cellulite was on show.

• rew August 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM

because you are God, abi?

• The Kinkster August 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Uloma, last year, she wore pant and we could see her cellulite-ridden thighs. At least she covered up this time, lol. Noni wear your leggings jejely oh!

• Joan August 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

But that Nini Zondi chic, is it all real, I mean from the waist down? lol

• Joan August 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

sorry *Noni :)

• fre August 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yes. That’s a South African trademark

• henry August 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Bella naija always with electrifying heading even when they were not present at the event…pls over boring and dull moment at the show jare…buh africaunplugged killed it @ wembley arena 9000 capacity full house parry…2face,iyanya and femi kuti rep naija…sarkodie ghana, cabo snoop congo and others…the show was the best ever organised..so pls b real with your headlines d’banj show was soooooo boring abeg

• Sbaby August 28, 2012 at 4:14 PM

God bless you henry for this comment

• moni August 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM

agreed! it was very poor

• Diana August 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM

That’s a total LIE! I went to Africa Unplugged and there were no more than 2,000 people there. I heard they were even giving people free tickets to come. It was sooooo boring and a total waste of my money. I wish I went to the D’Banj show.

• Chattyzee August 28, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Oh No she didn’t!!!

• Sydney August 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM

“Exciting photos?” Na!!!! You effed up with dem photos.

• chidi August 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

how was dbanj concert boring,hatin will tke u no where bro,by d way d more u hate d more he gets big note dat hater,d concat was nice…

• david98 August 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

na wa oh,where my comment na..

• Nwamaka August 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Dbanj rocks! Very hardworking. Keep the good work. God dey!

• Elizabeth August 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Looked like a great show (D’banj and the CEO dancers are a great combo) I went to Africa Unplugged,sorry but I refuse to see D’Banj again until he releases a new album I can’ t be paying to hear the same songs.

• Bay August 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Nonni or wtever is ya Name pls don’t Eva Repeat those outfits..it Doesn’t work for ya size..it looks Tacky on u

• emeka August 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM

@ henry nd shaby wetin dbanj do u,abeg free am,u just work up one morning the next thing is to comment the concert wass boring,hatin will tke u no where bro,d concat was sup

• Ngozi August 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Went to Africa Unplugged, sorry but compared to the photos i’m seeing here, Africa Unplugged was a carnival celebrating African culture!! However, until I see more pictures telling a different story, this appears boring! all the same, I gbadun the koko!

• Grace August 28, 2012 at 6:58 PM

The shittest concert ever! Lack lustre support acts, audience actually booed Ikechukwu! The best bits were the intervals!

• B.boy August 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

LoL! Why did they boo him?

• niyi August 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

d concert was nice…,only haters will hate nd comment it was boring,dbanj killed it tke it or leave it

• sparkz August 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

It was anight to remember! BN I’m guessin u dnt av official fotos yet cos dis doesn’t do justice…..Dbanj has goTten to d international level o!!! My cuz who has been beefin him frm d breakup days couldn’t stop complimentin his performance…lov me so Koko master ojare

• Cool cat August 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Alli want to know is if kanye made an appearance. Can’t wait to hear this epic remix of scapegoat with kanye, produced by yours truly, don baba j

• uby August 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

i love dbanj’s look especially is pants

• The Kinkster August 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Where are the shots of the crowd? That helps to judge how “electrifying’ it really was, lol!

• Theodora August 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Noni Zondi,,,chiaoooooooooooooooooooooo

• Tee September 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM

@Cool Cat,urs truly Don Baba J my foot….Wake up frm ur slumber,u sadist…..D’banj wld BE without a Don Jazzy.Deal with it or die hating D’banj!

• osasleumas September 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Ha con hail ooo….Igwe! Yu No geh Rival 4 Africa again. Akon did well internationally…., Not locally. 2 baba did well Locally but below-Average Internationonally. Lebete Did it locally Nd internationally. Seriosly, I hate Dis guy b4 buh Ŋa̶̲̥̅u, I must confess he is Da best

• DEEDEE September 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

D’banj,u rock,all the best ma love,muahhh